Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to connect up a tv to two DVD Players (Read 844 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

How to connect up a tv to two DVD Players
Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:57pm

so that the DVD Players operate separately and the TV channels are controlled by the DVD's Remote.

I'll be honest : I had it all set up with my old TV but for the life of me I can't get it right with this new one. I've tried just about every combination of cable configurations except the right one.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: How to connect up a tv to two DVD Players
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 5:03pm

Just control the tv channels with your TV. It will have a  better EPG and better quality reception.

To connect the DVDs you need an AV to HDMI cable

IBI

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 5:44pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:57pm:
so that the DVD Players operate separately and the TV channels are controlled by the DVD's Remote.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4614/25068424627_623d5df5bc_b.jpg

I'll be honest : I had it all set up with my old TV but for the life of me I can't get it right with this new one. I've tried just about every combination of cable configurations except the right one.

It looks like you have a few HDMI ports on your TV.   If you can't go HDMI to HDMI from DVD to TV you could try this to connect the AV cable to the converter, then HDMI to the TV.    You could then select the  HDMI port on the TV for the DVD player to use with the remote

http://www.ebay.com.au/i/111854344886?chn=ps

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:07am

You'd think Herbie's nursing home would more up to date in these technical times.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:38am

Marla wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:07am:
You'd think Herbie's nursing home would more up to date in these technical times.

Hey! This is Australia. The thing is if he ever gets it set up there will be walking sticks and frames beating down his door. They'll sit there and watch "Driving Miss Daisy" enjoying the twilight of their lives and Herb will take the girls out to feed his chooks. They'll break bread and feed the dear things and not one of them will twig that they are really feral pigeons.

I'm not trying to be mean Herb, I too look forward to dementia to ease the burden of age.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:44am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 2:05am

Oh, that's already started with Herbie.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:44am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:57pm:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4614/25068424627_623d5df5bc_b.jpg

Just rip your DVD's and put them on a USB stick. Most modern TV's / PVR's will play them.
Put the DVD player in the tip next to all the other DVD/CD players you will see there.
Modern TV's have wireless and network ports so you can stream from a media player anywhere in the house.
Or just use streaming services.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print