Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years! (Read 3645 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9009
waggawagga
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 12:57pm
 
Frank wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 8:59pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 9:58am:
It's official!
The CO2 levels are the highest on record in 800,000 years of back-dated recordings.


And?? No relation to global temperatures.

Mobile phone use is highest on record in 800,000 years of back dated records.
Wrist watch use is highest on record in 800,000 years of back dated records.
Rate of reading after sunset is highest on record in 800,000 years of back dated records.
Population is highest on record in 800,000 years of back dated records.
Number of people clamouring for gay marriage is highest on record in 800,000 years of back dated records.

ETC.



The trouble is frank you arent seeking to answer the questions you raise: you want everyone else to provide you with a free lunch which is what Jevons Paradox is all about funnily enough!

Back to top
 

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!
 
IP Logged
 
The_Barnacle
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6205
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 8:47pm
 
It's interesting Jasinner that you have used the same discredited graph that Ajax spams us with.

Not only has the error bars been removed but the time scale of 100s of millions of years is completely useless. Over that time scale continental drift, the earths orbit, solar radiance and other factors play a huge roll in global climate. Homosapiens only appeared about 200,000 years ago which shows just how ludicrous that graph is.

In contrast a graph of the past 800,000 years shows that CO2 levels didn't get above 300 ppm. The modern level is 400 ppm
Back to top
 

woodworth1.jpg (30 KB | 35 )
woodworth1.jpg

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21563
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:20pm
 
The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 8:47pm:
In contrast a graph of the past 800,000 years shows that CO2 levels didn't get above 300 ppm. The modern level is 400 ppm



Yep. And doesn't agree with plant stomata data. As I posted. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58165
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #18 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:58pm
 
Well I've seen so many different graphs showing different things. It's hard to believe which is right or wrong.
Luckily, I have a mate down in the Antarctic atm - so I've been getting my stuff from their 'point of view'. It's the best I can deal with currently.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
TheFunPolice
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9009
waggawagga
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:46pm
 
Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Well I've seen so many different graphs showing different things. It's hard to believe which is right or wrong.
Luckily, I have a mate down in the Antarctic atm - so I've been getting my stuff from their 'point of view'. It's the best I can deal with currently.

What's going on down there?

Shocked
Back to top
 

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21563
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:15pm
 
TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:46pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Well I've seen so many different graphs showing different things. It's hard to believe which is right or wrong.
Luckily, I have a mate down in the Antarctic atm - so I've been getting my stuff from their 'point of view'. It's the best I can deal with currently.

What's going on down there?

Shocked


The ice is melting. Plays havoc with the scotch.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Agnes
Gold Member
*****
Offline


fish dinner

Posts: 6081
Bedford Park rnd
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:29pm
 
The ice is still melting- use dry ice is instead stooges
Back to top
 

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x


farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic
 
IP Logged
 
TheFunPolice
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9009
waggawagga
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 6:03pm
 
Agnes wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:29pm:
The ice is still melting- use dry ice is instead stooges

Give cods her metho back NOW  Roll Eyes
Back to top
 

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58165
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #23 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:48pm
 
TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:46pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Well I've seen so many different graphs showing different things. It's hard to believe which is right or wrong.
Luckily, I have a mate down in the Antarctic atm - so I've been getting my stuff from their 'point of view'. It's the best I can deal with currently.

What's going on down there?

Shocked


Officially it has been the warmest and windiest Antarctic Winter on record (re: human habitation of the Continent).
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
TheFunPolice
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9009
waggawagga
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #24 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:07pm
 
Jasin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:48pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 12:46pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 9:58pm:
Well I've seen so many different graphs showing different things. It's hard to believe which is right or wrong.
Luckily, I have a mate down in the Antarctic atm - so I've been getting my stuff from their 'point of view'. It's the best I can deal with currently.

What's going on down there?

Shocked


Officially it has been the warmest and windiest Antarctic Winter on record (re: human habitation of the Continent).

Interesting!

Back to top
 

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21563
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #25 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm
 
Jasin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:48pm:
Officially it has been the warmest and windiest Antarctic Winter on record (re: human habitation of the Continent).



Is that the winter of 1898 or when Australian records were started in 1854?

The statistics for Mawson don't seem to back up warmest.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=36&p_display_type...
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58165
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #26 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:05pm
 
lee wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:48pm:
Officially it has been the warmest and windiest Antarctic Winter on record (re: human habitation of the Continent).



Is that the winter of 1898 or when Australian records were started in 1854?

The statistics for Mawson don't seem to back up warmest.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=36&p_display_type...


I need to get back to you on that one. Good point.
I gotta find out if it was for 'all of Antarctica' or just the Station in particular and it's area.
I was under the belief it was for 'all of the continent' - but its better to be sure.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21563
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:15pm
 
Seeing as the continent is largely uninhabited how would they determine the average for the continent?

Edit: Antarctica - approx 14,000,000 sq km. According to wiki 86 permanent stations. average coverage, assuming equal spread - about 162,700sq km.

Edit: another oops - only about 43 active permanent stations. Average blows out to over 325,000 sq km.
Back to top
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:36pm by lee »  
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21563
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:27pm
 
lee wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:35pm:
Is that the winter of 1898 or when Australian records were started in 1854?



Big Oops. Australian records started 1954.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58165
Gender: male
Re: CO2 - highest on record in 800,000 years!
Reply #29 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:51pm
 
Yes well, we won't get pedantic on every square inch to km that is uninhabited.
Unless they have well measured out recording beacons in every square km?
Then I guess we just go by with what we got.
Not happy - go fund a better version.  Cheesy

It won't be till tomorrow night before I get my answer.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print