Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The End Is Nigh ~ 23rd Sept (Read 1396 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
The End Is Nigh ~ 23rd Sept
Sep 17th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Biblical prophecy claims the world will end on Sept. 23, Christian numerologists claim

A Christian numerologist claims that the world will end next Saturday when a planet will, supposedly, collide with Earth.

According to Christian numerologist David Meade, verses in Luke 21:25 to 26 are the sign that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

The verses read:

“25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

"'26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.'

Sept. 23 is a date that was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a "date marker" in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Meade has built his theory on the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, which he believes will pass Earth on Sept. 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, according to British newspaper The Sun.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/09/15/biblical-prophecy-claims-world-will-en...

No wonder the intelligent people are dumping christianity.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The End Is Nigh ~ 23rd Sept
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:01pm

Really?
You do post guff...

Numerology isn't part of the religion.

Oh and I don't recall there ever being a date for the end of the world in the Bible ... ever. Cheesy

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:27pm

Seriously... if "Planet X" (or any other planet sized object) was going to collide with Earth in 6 days time one would think that it would already be visible. Unless it is arriving at warp speed or coming through a giant wormhole. Roll Eyes

In fact, it would have been visible for years. And, even if it were invisible... lol... it would have been detected long before now by the gravitational effects it would have on the rest of the planets and other objects in the solar system.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:29pm

DAMN - is that before or after the NRL Grand Final?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:06pm

Quote:

Meade has built his theory.....

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Prophecy came by what ?

'not....by the will of man'

'....but [when] holy men of God spake .....as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.'

Genesis 46:2  And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.

Job 4:13  In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,

Job 33:15  In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

Isaiah 29:7  And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, even all that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.

Daniel 2:19  Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.

Daniel 7:2  Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

Daniel 7:7  After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Daniel 7:13  I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Open your heart, to what the LORD your God may reveal to you, by his HOLY SPIRIT.

Matthew 1:20  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 2:12  And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

Matthew 2:13  And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

Matthew 2:19  But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

Matthew 2:22  But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

Matthew 27:19  When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:28pm

That's all rubbish.

there are even fake videos about it:

Dr Michio Kaku ALERTS Nibiru Planet X To Hit Earth 23rd September 2017, Please See!

Dr Michio Kaku doesn't even talk about planet Nibiru
but the title says different.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:40pm

I thought believing in the impossible was a major part of christianity.

Parting of the sea ... immaculate conception ... rising from the dead. etc

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:41pm

You don't think at all.

See you saner people on the 24th Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 11:19pm

Well, if 'Life' (Gaia, etc) has developed Humanity to be like the spawning of a Coral reef out into the galaxy - then we only have basically 1 million years left to do so.
It's now or never because I can't see another species having time to evolve to do so if Humanity wipes itself out or causes another mass-extinction. Gliese 710's side-swipe of our Solar System will really throw things out of orbit considerably.
So Gaia is putting its faith in us to 'spread life out there' or at least create a species that can. Personally, the odds are currently stacked against us with just a 10% chance.

Gliese 710 is a star in the constellation Serpens Cauda which is expected to pass through our Solar System's Oort cloud 1.35 million years from now. Its distance at closest approach is expected to be about 13000 astronomical units, or a mere 77 light days (430 times the orbit of Neptune),[note 3]. For comparison, Proxima Centauri is more than 1500 light days away. "This event will be the strongest disrupting encounter in the future and history of the solar system" according to astronomers Filip Berski and Piotr Dybczyński.[11] At that close distance, it would be similar in brightness to a bright planet, at an apparent visual magnitude of about -2.7 (brighter than Mars), with a total proper motion around one arcminute per year.[12][13]

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 7:00am

Don't buy any green bananas...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 10:35am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 7:00am:
Don't buy any green bananas...

Or seedless Watermelons. Very bland and no fun.
Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:14pm

Cool. Look forward too it.
I won't go and use my life savings to buy the lambo just yet in case this doesn't happen. Forward planning.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 2:02pm

Carl D wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
Seriously... if "Planet X" (or any other planet sized object) was going to collide with Earth in 6 days time one would think that it would already be visible. Unless it is arriving at warp speed or coming through a giant wormhole. Roll Eyes

In fact, it would have been visible for years. And, even if it were invisible... lol... it would have been detected long before now by the gravitational effects it would have on the rest of the planets and other objects in the solar system.

They think, but don't know of course, that it got spat out by the centre of the galaxy after being something much bigger that got spaghettified by getting to close (To the centre of the galaxy) and you either get sucked in or spat out at super duper high speed or something...

I read it in COSMOS magazine so,....  Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 2:05pm

____ wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:40pm:

You're saying gays/the blt crowd are actually of the Christian faith?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #14 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 5:16pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Sep 18th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
____ wrote on Sep 17th, 2017 at 9:40pm:

You're saying gays/the blt crowd are actually of the Christian faith?

You are mistaking a desire to live as Gay Jesus did, to a member of a cult.

Christianity is a cult, and worships false idols : crosses, books, high ranking men.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print