Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Rogingya terrorism against Buddhists. (Read 15348 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rogingya terrorism against Buddhists.
Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:33pm

Quote:
The death toll from widespread attacks staged by Rohingya insurgents on Friday has climbed to 96, including nearly 80 insurgents and 12 members of the security forces, the Government said, prompting it to evacuate staff and villagers from some areas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-27/rohingya-muslims-flee-myanmar-to-banglades...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rogingya terrorism against Buddhists.
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:38pm

I hope none of these cretins arrive hear if Shorten gets in and pulls our borders down.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm

Rohingya will come to Australia because Uncle Sam instructed Mr. Turnbull to believe their cause and help them.

Australia has to lead because Australia has been leaning on other countries to take Rohingya and Turnbull must lead by example.

A few tens of thousands could be sent to Bondi where they can live by the sea which is their historic environment.

Here's one who has been anointed and offered quick citizenship. Ten thousand other potential future Bondi citizens await.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/16/glimmer-of-hope-for-10000...

Quote:
Kyar was overjoyed to the receive the letter, embossed with the coat of arms of Australia and the letterhead of the minister for immigration and border protection.

“On behalf of the Government and the people of Australia, I am pleased to inform you that your application for Australian citizenship has been approved,” the missive read.

“The final step in becoming an Australian citizen is to make a Pledge of Commitment at an Australian citizenship ceremony. You will not be an Australian citizen until you make the Pledge.

“Generally, your citizenship ceremony will be scheduled within six months from the time your application is approved.”

A Rohingyan man from Myanmar, Kyar (not his real name, which is being withheld to protect him and his family) had spent his entire life stateless – belonging to no place and welcome nowhere. But now he felt, finally, at the age of 44, and 25 years after fleeing his homeland, that he would finally have a country to call his own.

“I have never been a citizen of anywhere in my life,” Kyar tells the Guardian over sweet tea at a cafe near his home in western Sydney. “I have always been an illegal. I cannot describe the feeling of this letter. It felt like a new life to me, finally I could start my life, I could have a family, I could be safe and feel secure.”

Immigration authorities unreasonably delayed refugees' citizenship bids, court rules
Read more
Kyar carries the letter to this day, carefully folded up in his wallet.

It is dated 11 November 2014.

Still Kyar is not a citizen of this, nor any other country.

Still Kyar waits.

Kyar is one of 10,231 people living in Australia who have qualified for citizenship but who have been denied it because they came to the country as “undocumented arrivals”, the vast majority as refugees arriving by boat.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:45pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:58pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
Rohingya will come to Australia because Uncle Sam instructed Mr. Turnbull to believe their cause and help them.

Australia has to lead because Australia has been leaning on other countries to take Rohingya and Turnbull must lead by example.

A few tens of thousands could be sent to Bondi where they can live by the sea which is their historic environment.

Here's one who has been anointed and offered quick citizenship. Ten thousand other potential future Bondi citizens await.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/16/glimmer-of-hope-for-10000...

Quote:
Kyar was overjoyed to the receive the letter, embossed with the coat of arms of Australia and the letterhead of the minister for immigration and border protection.

“On behalf of the Government and the people of Australia, I am pleased to inform you that your application for Australian citizenship has been approved,” the missive read.

“The final step in becoming an Australian citizen is to make a Pledge of Commitment at an Australian citizenship ceremony. You will not be an Australian citizen until you make the Pledge.

“Generally, your citizenship ceremony will be scheduled within six months from the time your application is approved.”

A Rohingyan man from Myanmar, Kyar (not his real name, which is being withheld to protect him and his family) had spent his entire life stateless – belonging to no place and welcome nowhere. But now he felt, finally, at the age of 44, and 25 years after fleeing his homeland, that he would finally have a country to call his own.

“I have never been a citizen of anywhere in my life,” Kyar tells the Guardian over sweet tea at a cafe near his home in western Sydney. “I have always been an illegal. I cannot describe the feeling of this letter. It felt like a new life to me, finally I could start my life, I could have a family, I could be safe and feel secure.”

Immigration authorities unreasonably delayed refugees' citizenship bids, court rules
Read more

Still Kyar waits.

Kyar is one of 10,231 people living in Australia who have qualified for citizenship but who have been denied it because they came to the country as “undocumented arrivals”, the vast majority as refugees arriving by boat.
That's all we need. More little brown people s hitting in our gutters.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 3:41pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:58pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:38pm:

Quote:

Read more

Still Kyar waits.

That's all we need. More little brown people s hitting in our gutters.

Closet poms don't like competition for the best spots.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm

Rohingya terrorism = Islam.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:22pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
Rohingya terrorism = Islam.

Buddhist terrorism = Buddhism.

Christian terrorism = Christianity

Right-wing terrorism = Fascism

Left-wing terrorism = Communism

Imaginary sky father terrorism = Any deluded peoples believing in the imaginary.

Do I win a prize?  Roll Eyes

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:36pm

It's interesting that nearby Islamic countries Malaysia, Indonesia, and Bangladesh are not offering to take Rohingya Muslims.

The Rohingya are from Bangladesh originally, and they should return there if their presence in Myanmar causes armed conflict.

The UN should negotiate with Bangladesh to take them back and should offer some resettlement money.

Australia is active in the Rohingya issue because Rohingya are seafaring people and will soon be heading their boats for Australia if nothing else emerges that attracts their interest.

Why is it not surprising that the stinky fingers of the British are traced to the origin of this problem where the British fostered Muslim immigration from Bangladesh into Myanmar. Perhaps the British should be compelled to take 100,000 or so Rohingya to lead by example.

Ozpolitics pommie denizens should be promoting the cause of the Rohingya to remedy the wrongs of British Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohingya_people

Quote:
... British colonial rule

A British 1939 report warned "seed of future communal troubles" regarding unchecked Chittagonian immigration into Arakan.
British policy encouraged Bengali inhabitants from adjacent regions to migrate into the then lightly populated and fertile valleys of Arakan as farm laborers. The East India Company extended the Bengal Presidency to Arakan. There was no international boundary between Bengal and Arakan and no restrictions on migration between the regions. In the early 19th century, thousands of Bengalis from the Chittagong region settled in Arakan seeking work.[59]

The British census of 1872 reported 58,255 Muslims in Akyab District. By 1911, the Muslim population had increased to 178,647.[60] The waves of migration were primarily due to the requirement of cheap labour from British India to work in the paddy fields. Immigrants from Bengal, mainly from the Chittagong region, "moved en masse into western townships of Arakan". To be sure, Indian immigration to Burma was a nationwide phenomenon, not just restricted to Arakan.[61]

Historian Thant Myint-U writes: "At the beginning of the 20th century, Indians were arriving in Burma at the rate of no less than a quarter million per year. The numbers rose steadily until the peak year of 1927, immigration reached 480,000 people, with Rangoon exceeding New York City as the greatest immigration port in the world. This was out of a total population of only 13 million; it was equivalent to the United Kingdom today taking 2 million people a year." By then, in most of the largest cities in Burma, Yangon, Sittwe, Pathein and Mawlamyine, the Indian immigrants formed a majority of the population. The Burmese under the British rule felt helpless, and reacted with a "racism that combined feelings of superiority and fear."[61]

The impact of immigration was particularly acute in Arakan, one of less populated regions. The Rakine saw themselves as made a minority in their own land by Indian immigration with complaints being made all of the jobs and land were going to the Rohingyas.[62] In 1939, the British authorities, alert to the long-term animosity between the Rakhine Buddhists and the Muslims, formed a special Investigation Commission led by James Ester and Tin Tut to study the issue of Muslim immigration into the Arakan. The commission recommended securing the border; however, with the onset of World War II, the British retreated from Arakan.[63]...

IP Logged

Moriaty

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 12:11am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
It's interesting that nearby Islamic countries Malaysia, Indonesia, and Bangladesh are not offering to take Rohingya Muslims.

Says who?  Huh

Defend Free-speech. Say no to censorship on this forum! Defend the freedoms our soldiers fought for against the Fascist-racist forces of evil!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:55am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:36pm:

The Rohingya are from Bangladesh originally, and they should return there if their presence in Myanmar causes armed conflict.

The UN should negotiate with Bangladesh to take them back and should offer some resettlement money.

Australia is active in the Rohingya issue because Rohingya are seafaring people and will soon be heading their boats for Australia if nothing else emerges that attracts their interest.

Why is it not surprising that the stinky fingers of the British are traced to the origin of this problem where the British fostered Muslim immigration from Bangladesh into Myanmar. Perhaps the British should be compelled to take 100,000 or so Rohingya to lead by example.

Ozpolitics pommie denizens should be promoting the cause of the Rohingya to remedy the wrongs of British Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohingya_people

Quote:
... British colonial rule

A British 1939 report warned "seed of future communal troubles" regarding unchecked Chittagonian immigration into Arakan.
British policy encouraged Bengali inhabitants from adjacent regions to migrate into the then lightly populated and fertile valleys of Arakan as farm laborers. The East India Company extended the Bengal Presidency to Arakan. There was no international boundary between Bengal and Arakan and no restrictions on migration between the regions. In the early 19th century, thousands of Bengalis from the Chittagong region settled in Arakan seeking work.[59]

The British census of 1872 reported 58,255 Muslims in Akyab District. By 1911, the Muslim population had increased to 178,647.[60] The waves of migration were primarily due to the requirement of cheap labour from British India to work in the paddy fields. Immigrants from Bengal, mainly from the Chittagong region, "moved en masse into western townships of Arakan". To be sure, Indian immigration to Burma was a nationwide phenomenon, not just restricted to Arakan.[61]

Historian Thant Myint-U writes: "At the beginning of the 20th century, Indians were arriving in Burma at the rate of no less than a quarter million per year. The numbers rose steadily until the peak year of 1927, immigration reached 480,000 people, with Rangoon exceeding New York City as the greatest immigration port in the world. This was out of a total population of only 13 million; it was equivalent to the United Kingdom today taking 2 million people a year." By then, in most of the largest cities in Burma, Yangon, Sittwe, Pathein and Mawlamyine, the Indian immigrants formed a majority of the population. The Burmese under the British rule felt helpless, and reacted with a "racism that combined feelings of superiority and fear."[61]

The impact of immigration was particularly acute in Arakan, one of less populated regions. The Rakine saw themselves as made a minority in their own land by Indian immigration with complaints being made all of the jobs and land were going to the Rohingyas.[62] In 1939, the British authorities, alert to the long-term animosity between the Rakhine Buddhists and the Muslims, formed a special Investigation Commission led by James Ester and Tin Tut to study the issue of Muslim immigration into the Arakan. The commission recommended securing the border; however, with the onset of World War II, the British retreated from Arakan.[63]...

Have you ever been to Myanmar? Yangon is incredibly multicultural and the Rogingya physically look no different to about 25% of the population there, Indians etc who are all thriving. There are also loads of Muslims doing perfectly well.

The reason the Rogingya are having issues it they're agitating for a separate Islamic state within Myanmar and for MANY years there has been outside Islamists arming, training and encouraging them.

As you mentioned, they're Bangladeshis. They should either accept they're part of Burma or bugger off to Bangladesh where they are welcome to travel to.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:17pm

Gordon, why do you hate Indians?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:21pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:17pm:
Gordon, why do you hate Indians?

I don't, why would you think such a thing?

Do you think I'm spot on about Rogingya being treated the way they are because they agitate for a separate state within Myanmar?

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 4:26pm

Early separatist insurgency
In May 1946, Muslim leaders from Arakan, Burma (present-day Rakhine State, Myanmar) met with Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, and asked for the formal annexation of two townships in the Mayu region, Buthidaung and Maungdaw, by East Pakistan (present-day Bangladesh). Two months later, the North Arakan Muslim League was founded in Akyab (present-day Sittwe, capital of Rakhine State), which also asked Jinnah to annex the region.[40] Jinnah refused, saying that he could not interfere with Burma's internal matters. After Jinnah's refusal, proposals were made by Muslims in Arakan to the newly formed post-independence government of Burma, asking for the concession of the two townships to Pakistan. The proposals were rejected by the Burmese parliament.[41]

Local mujahideen were subsequently formed against the Burmese government,[42] and began targeting government soldiers stationed in the area. Led by Mir Kassem, the newly formed mujahideen movement began gaining territory, driving out local Rakhine communities from their villages, some of whom fled to East Pakistan.[43]

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Myanmar's problems with Rohingya is similar to Thailand's problems with Muslim insurgency and Indonesia's Aceh problem.

Rohingya, Thai Muslims, and Acehnese want an independent state but it will never be granted because none of these countries want a hostile state on their borders. The hostilities are much easier to contain internally than externally because an external state can more easily receive assistance from other radical groups in other countries.

So the Rohingya, Thai Muslim insurgency, and Acehnese resistance can only be solved if these insurgencies cease and they abide by the national law they are governed under. I believe the Acehnese insurgency is greatly reduced since the December 2004 Tsunami.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Myanmar's problems with Rohingya is similar to Thailand's problems with Muslim insurgency and Indonesia's Aceh problem.

Rohingya, Thai Muslims, and Acehnese want an independent state but it will never be granted because none of these countries want a hostile state on their borders. The hostilities are much easier to contain internally than externally because an external state can more easily receive assistance from other radical groups in other countries.

So the Rohingya, Thai Muslim insurgency, and Acehnese resistance can only be solved if these insurgencies cease and they abide by the national law they are governed under. I believe the Acehnese insurgency is greatly reduced since the December 2004 Tsunami.

No doubt the Burmese come down hard on them, but that's what happens to separatists insurgents in a developing country.

The best solution is for them to go Bangladesh.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print