Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1
st, 2017 at 7:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 1
st, 2017 at 6:20pm:
Neferti wrote on Aug 1
st, 2017 at 6:09pm:
lee wrote on Aug 1
st, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1
st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Need to dig and weed and lime the patch where the tomatoes are to go, then the patch where the potatoes can go.
I thought you were moving to Tassie.
All that digging and planting and building with his ARTHRITIS? Nah .... still sitting at the computer going on about AGW.
Tassy is his big dream and I for one hope it comes true......he wont let a few aches and pains get in the way of it either....me on the other hand I give in and surrender...no digging for me I am afraid...I love the thought of home grown veggies and fresh eggs...but that only memories now...none of my family are into do it yourself....
Tassie will come true codsy! I look forward to entertaining you in my strawbale house!
If that is in summer you and I can eat ourselves sick on fresh, ripe cherries! 4 cherry trees OMG!
Chooks are easy, really, and the eggs! OMG, fresh backyard eggs are to die for! Tasty!!!
Here you go, codsy!
Just picked up “Strawbale Homebuilding” from the library.
Not to learn how to do it, just looking for pitfalls, tips and ideas of what is possible. Strawbale walls and double glazed windows, be toasty warm in winter!
I have talked with the local council, what I want is fine, the strawbale, the two storeys and even the cellar. The covered atrium will be fine, the first 12 fruit trees are on the way.
SITUPS, straw stuffed into plywood frames are the way to go: the panels can be made over winter when strawbale building isn’t possible then walls can go up in 2-3 days, add top plates etc, very quick.
As a building material strawbale probably lets me do things not possible with other materials, or do the same things cheaper than other materials but cause problems elsewhere. So, will see how the plans I have drawn up can be changed to do more for less money etc.