Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Gardening—one’s own little environment (Read 8326 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:50pm
 
No, Naffy, just keep on with your unproductive life.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21546
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:58pm
 
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Need to dig and weed and lime the patch where the tomatoes are to go, then the patch where the potatoes can go.



I thought you were moving to Tassie.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Neferti
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 7965
Canberra
Gender: female
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #17 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:09pm
 
lee wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Need to dig and weed and lime the patch where the tomatoes are to go, then the patch where the potatoes can go.



I thought you were moving to Tassie.


All that digging and planting and building with his ARTHRITIS? Nah .... still sitting at the computer going on about AGW.  Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
cods
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 88048
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:17pm
 
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:46pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:32pm:
Good to hear.



I have a "green thumb" ... I can break a bit off a plant, plonk it in the ground and it grows.

My Mother, who was a Horticulturalist, spent much time carrying on about Ph and so forth ...

Just about every plant can be grown from a "cutting".

I love flowers, butterflies and bees.

I don't feel the need to grow vegetables to give away to the neighbours because it makes me feel like I have produced "something?




I am the deadset opposite  I kill more than anyone I know..... except weeds  I have a dab hand with them...... I am now going in for more succulents  in the hope they will look out for themselves....and also keep weeds down .. I wish....I cant do much in the garden anymore   so when I go to the letterbox I pull weeds out as I go...the rest its fend for themselves.. my garden enjoyed that bit of rain on Sunday   if my sheets on the line didnt..lolol
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
cods
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 88048
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #19 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:20pm
 
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:09pm:
lee wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Need to dig and weed and lime the patch where the tomatoes are to go, then the patch where the potatoes can go.



I thought you were moving to Tassie.


All that digging and planting and building with his ARTHRITIS? Nah .... still sitting at the computer going on about AGW.  Grin



Tassy is his big dream and I for one hope it comes true......he wont let a few aches and pains get in the way of it either....me on the other hand I give in and surrender...no digging for me I am afraid...I love the thought of home grown veggies  and fresh eggs...but that only memories now...none of my family are into do it yourself.... Sad
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58108
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:41pm
 
If you live along Coastal NSW.
It's always wise to 'clean' the Garden from weed and anything else that has over-grown before Spring & Summer when the warm to hot days come.
Otherwise you will have deadly FUNNEL-WEB SPIDERS attacking you everywhere.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:00pm
 
cods wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:20pm:
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 6:09pm:
lee wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 5:58pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Need to dig and weed and lime the patch where the tomatoes are to go, then the patch where the potatoes can go.



I thought you were moving to Tassie.


All that digging and planting and building with his ARTHRITIS? Nah .... still sitting at the computer going on about AGW.  Grin



Tassy is his big dream and I for one hope it comes true......he wont let a few aches and pains get in the way of it either....me on the other hand I give in and surrender...no digging for me I am afraid...I love the thought of home grown veggies  and fresh eggs...but that only memories now...none of my family are into do it yourself.... Sad


Tassie will come true codsy! I look forward to entertaining you in my strawbale house!

If that is in summer you and I can eat ourselves sick on fresh, ripe cherries! 4 cherry trees OMG!

Chooks are easy, really, and the eggs! OMG, fresh backyard eggs are to die for! Tasty!!!
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Neferti
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 7965
Canberra
Gender: female
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:19pm
 
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:00pm:
Tassie will come true codsy! I look forward to entertaining you in my strawbale house!

If that is in summer you and I can eat ourselves sick on fresh, ripe cherries! 4 cherry trees OMG!

Chooks are easy, really, and the eggs! OMG, fresh backyard eggs are to die for! Tasty!!!


DREAMER!

How long do you think it will take for your strawbale house to be built?

Then you need to dig the soil and plant the cherry trees ... how long do they take to produce cherries?

First you have to start building that strawbale house ....

I can just see you, almost crippled with arthritis, aged 85 and still bearing that weird looking "goatee".  Grin


Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58108
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:20pm
 
I chucked my StrawBale House job in after just four days.
The guy was still a pain to work for. Total over-achiever!
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #24 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:23pm
 
You have seen me? No, not that. So you have gotten a photo of me?

You are not supposed to post personal information about other members, Naffy. So I hope you will get a loooong suspension.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:24pm
 
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:00pm:
Tassie will come true codsy! I look forward to entertaining you in my strawbale house!

If that is in summer you and I can eat ourselves sick on fresh, ripe cherries! 4 cherry trees OMG!

Chooks are easy, really, and the eggs! OMG, fresh backyard eggs are to die for! Tasty!!!


DREAMER!

How long do you think it will take for your strawbale house to be built?

Then you need to dig the soil and plant the cherry trees ... how long do they take to produce cherries?

First you have to start building that strawbale house ....

I can just see you, almost crippled with arthritis, aged 85 and still bearing that weird looking "goatee".  Grin



Just saving this.

Next stop—report your post.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Neferti
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 7965
Canberra
Gender: female
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #26 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:43pm
 
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:24pm:
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:00pm:
Tassie will come true codsy! I look forward to entertaining you in my strawbale house!

If that is in summer you and I can eat ourselves sick on fresh, ripe cherries! 4 cherry trees OMG!

Chooks are easy, really, and the eggs! OMG, fresh backyard eggs are to die for! Tasty!!!


DREAMER!

How long do you think it will take for your strawbale house to be built?

Then you need to dig the soil and plant the cherry trees ... how long do they take to produce cherries?

First you have to start building that strawbale house ....

I can just see you, almost crippled with arthritis, aged 85 and still bearing that weird looking "goatee".  Grin



Just saving this.

Next stop—report your post.


What the hell are you on about?


Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21546
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #27 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:15pm
 
Neferti wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 7:43pm:
What the hell are you on about?



Your guess about the old goats goatee may have been to close to the mark.

He has admitted arthritis so it can't be that.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
John Smith
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 78311
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #28 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:38pm
 
Anyone know what I can do to revive a black boy? It lives in a pot and all the leaves have gone brown over the last few months. It's one of my favourite plants and I don't want to see it die.
Back to top
 

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21546
Gender: male
Re: Gardening—one’s own little environment
Reply #29 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:55pm
 
John Smith wrote on Aug 1st, 2017 at 8:38pm:
Anyone know what I can do to revive a black boy?


Be a bit PC and call it a grass tree. It probably feels marginalised.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print