Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Privatise SBS- Pauline questions outrageous salary (Read 1223 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Privatise SBS- Pauline questions outrageous salary
May 27th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Sounds like Pauline is doing the right thing in questioning the taxpayer funded $663,000 salary of the managing director of the SBS.

Pauline also questioned if his $92,000 bonuses were justified.

We should privatise the SBS those who like it can buy shares in it, why should taxpayers fund this garbage.

news.com.au/national/breaking-news/hanson-quizzes-sbs-boss-over-his-pay/news-sto...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Privatise SBS- Pauline questions outrageous salary
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2017 at 9:44pm

Garbage", Baron?  Yet according to me and my friends it's excellent (for the most part) TV and Radio.   Just 'cause it doesn't support your hatred and intolerance of people who are different to you and your definitions of what constitutes an "Australian" does automatically make it garbage.  I'm finding I'm watching SBS TV more and more.   The Government has gotten to the ABC, it has not yet gotten to SBS, thankfully.  There is still room for independent thought.   You just want conformity.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Dustwun
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Igloo
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2017 at 9:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 9:44pm:
Garbage", Baron?  Yet according to me and my friends it's excellent (for the most part) TV and Radio.   Just 'cause it doesn't support your hatred and intolerance of people who are different to you and your definitions of what constitutes an "Australian" does automatically make it garbage.  I'm finding I'm watching SBS TV more and more.   The Government has gotten to the ABC, it has not yet gotten to SBS, thankfully.  There is still room for independent thought.   You just want conformity.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

SBS mostly buys off the shelf programs and duplicates a lot of what ABC does.  SBS should be managed by ABC and save a whole stack of money.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2017 at 9:54pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #4 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:13pm

SBS has a valid and important place in free-to-air TV in Australia.
Better to query  Pauline's worth.

To me SHE is a waste of taxpayer's money.

live every day

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:16pm

SBS is an excellent source of world class documentaries and programming, about the only TV I can stand watching, they need to can the minority language broadcasts though.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #6 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:16pm

I've actually got SBS on now.

Roger Waters :The Wall. 2014

live every day

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2017 at 10:18pm

Dustwun wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

SBS mostly buys off the shelf programs and duplicates a lot of what ABC does.  SBS should be managed by ABC and save a whole stack of money.

So does all the commercial stations.  What makes them, then superior to the ABC and SBS?  Nothing, as far as I can tell.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:12pm

Garbage", Baron?  Yet according to me and my friends it's excellent (for the most part) TV

I don't get SBS the signal is weak no reception, my tax dollars go to funding it yet I cannot watch it.

The managing director of the SBS gets over $150K a year more than the Prime minister of Australia, a blatant rip off with taxpayers money.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #9 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:17pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:12pm:
Garbage", Baron?  Yet according to me and my friends it's excellent (for the most part) TV

I don't get SBS the signal is weak no reception, my tax dollars go to funding it yet I cannot watch it.

The managing director of the SBS gets over $150K a year more than the Prime minister of Australia, a blatant rip off with taxpayers money.

I'd be much more angry about the NBN Co. if I were you.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #10 - May 27th, 2017 at 11:22pm

OH and the SBS program The Wall..? 

Was a timely and quite inspired comment on today's world, even though it quite OLD, in today's terms.
No commercial station would have shown it though, I don't think. Not on Saturday night .

And, SBS does air commercials to aid in their funding. It is just better managed than on commercial stations. So it isn't ALL taxpayer funded.
At some times on 7 or 10 or 9 you're flat out getting 5 minutes of programming, in between the ads.
Just one of the reasons why I prefer ABC and SBS channels.

live every day

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2017 at 12:55am

Baronvonrort wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 11:12pm:

Jealousy is such a curse, Baron.  It really is.  You know, the ABC used to run commercials showing how many cents a year each taxpayer paid for their service.   Started out as 7 cents, went to 7.5 and when they ended showing it, it was only 8 cents a year.  I wonder how much SBS costs the taxpayer, considering that it is largely self-funded nowadays via its own advertising revenue.  So, who pays his wages?  You? Me?  The advertisers?   So, it just sounds like your jealous and petty, Baron.  Not unusual for you, I suppose.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2017 at 2:38am

CEO of NBN Co, wasting $60Bn of taxpayers’ money is paid $3m plus “bonuses!”

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:04am

rhino wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 10:16pm:
SBS is an excellent source of world class documentaries and programming, about the only TV I can stand watching, they need to can the minority language broadcasts though.

I can see why they do it though. Plus, if SBS is canned, when I can spend my wintry nights watching the Tour De France.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print