Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Trumps scores 110 bill defence contract for U.S. (Read 4102 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Trumps scores 110 bill defence contract for U.S.
May 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm

Just thought this might be worth a mention. Donald Trump has scored a 110 Billion dollar Defence Contract for the U.S. with Saudi Arabia

It will create thousands of new jobs in the defence industry in the U.S.

Couldn't see a Barak Obama or a Hillary Clinton for that matter pulling off something like that

Interesting to note that Saudi Arabia treated Trump like an incoming hero

Just an observation. No one else here seems to have to have the balls to comment on this good news story for Trump and the U.S.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Trumps scores 110 bill defence contract for U.S.
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:16pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Just thought this might be worth a mention. Donald Trump has scored a 110 Billion dollar Defence Contract for the U.S. with Saudi Arabia

Couldn't see a Barak Obama or a Hillary Clinton for that matter pulling off something like that

Just an observation. No one else here seems to have to have the balls to comment on this good news story for Trump and the U.S.

Clinton couldn't have pulled off an arms deal with the Saudis? You need to get out and google more!

Fools and magpies are impressed by glitter...

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm

So Trump is just an Establishment shill after all, eh? Imagine what Trump would make of Obama doing such a deal. One thing's clear: we no longer wonder why the Saudis were off Trump's list of Musel enemies.

Trump is in deep with the Saudis. There's the property deals in the gulf, the oil shieks in Trump Tower, and the millions in Trump Saudi debt.

Now watch as Trump's friends go into business in defence contracts.

Is this what you mean by the Deep State, Bogey?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #3 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:22pm

Guess you are referring to Bill Clinton North because Hillary Clinton couldn't organise a game of marbles

Well Karnal he either did or did not obtain a 110 billion dollar defence contract

Seeing that is one of America's main games with exports, chances are its kosher...you think?

Problem is with the mainstream press..he's f....d when he does and he's f.....d when he doesn't...That doesn't provide much leeway does it? Just in the interests of fair play of course
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2017 at 2:50pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:23pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 12:54pm:

What is he selling to them for $B110?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #5 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:24pm

How in the name of the wide world of sports would I know?

How about, defence STUFF

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:38pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:24pm:

How about, defence STUFF

How much 'defence STUFF' do you get for $B110 these days?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:40pm

Aussie wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:38pm:
red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:24pm:

How about, defence STUFF

How much 'defence STUFF' do you get for $B110 these days?

The latest US aircraft carrier comes at a $B13 price tag.  Turdfull's retarded NBN is gonna cost $AB 84.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #8 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:53pm

Look Aussie I don't know why you want to get into a issing contest for. I watched 9 News this morning and it was ther headline news in NSW that Trump has scored this contract

Perhaps 9 is screening Fake News after all they are mainstream and there is a lot of fake going on these days

But on the other hand Saudi Arabia is a kind of rich Country to be uncouth

Don't think 110 bill over 10 years would be a stretch for them

And you should know...they like their toys over there

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - May 21st, 2017 at 2:57pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 2:53pm:
Look Aussie I don't know why you want to get into a issing contest for. I watched 9 News this morning and it was ther headline news in NSW that Trump has scored this contract

Perhaps 9 is screening Fake News after all they are mainstream and there is a lot of fake going on these days

But on the other hand Saudi Arabia is a kind of rich Country to be uncouth

Don't think 110 bill over 10 years would be a stretch for them

And you should know...they like their toys over there

That'll be mere pocket money for them, and I seriously doubt this deal was the idea of Trump who has not been there long enough to have initiated it.  More likely, it began while Obama was there, Trump inherited it and was on the Throne when the bureaucrats finalised the deal .

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2017 at 3:18pm

Here ya go, Mr Baron.

Link.

Quote:
What does this military deal include?

It's fairly comprehensive — it includes tanks, combat ships and missile defence systems, as well as radar, communications and cybersecurity technology.

The New York Times is also reporting that the deal includes the sale of precision-guided munitions, which the Obama administration had stopped because it was worried they would be used to bomb civilians in Yemen.

The United States is Saudi Arabia's main military supplier.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2017 at 3:26pm

Well I doubt the deal was put together in the last 120 odd days so it is an Obama deal for sure!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:25pm

Trump is selling weapons and munitions that Obama would not sell to Saudi Arabia because Saudis were killing civilians and causing a starvation catastrophe in Yemen.

Currently Saudi Arabia is using American and British weapons to bomb Yemen into smithereens.

Killing people with bombs, starvation, and cholera is a cause for rejoicing according to Red Baron.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/20/if-trump-doubles-down-on-the-saudi-war-in-ye...

Quote:
As the conflict drags on with no end in sight, the only clear winners have been hunger and death. Yemen was one of the most food-insecure and water-scarce countries in the world well before this latest conflict. Adding a brutal war to the mix is pushing the country into catastrophe. Both sides bear responsibility here. The behavior of the Saudi coalition gets a lot more press: It has bombed humanitarian warehouses, medical clinics, schools, bridges along key humanitarian aid routes, commercial food and water facilities, water infrastructure, and several of the ports used for humanitarian imports. And despite U.S. pressure, the Saudis have shown little concern for the civilian impact of their operations, even to the point of famously bombing a widely attended funeral in Sanaa, killing more than 100 people. But the Houthis deserve their share of blame as well, for frequently obstructing humanitarian agencies’ activities, operating poorly controlled militia roadblocks to harass and delay humanitarian movements, and maintaining a brutal, inhumane siege on the city of Taiz.

The results for Yemen’s people are all too predictable. Amidst a crowded field of global crises, Yemen takes the prize for the largest food security crisis in the world, with 14 million people food insecure (roughly half the population) and as many as two million in pre-famine conditions. Recent U.N. surveys have found that half the country’s population is borrowing money to cover basic food needs — an untenable situation when food prices are rising and economic livelihoods are collapsing. Malnutrition has reached critical levels and has spiked by a third in just the past year. The World Health Organization has warned that the war has left Yemen’s health system close to collapse, with only 45 percent of facilities fully functional and drug availability declining by 70 percent. And degraded water systems have left humanitarians struggling to contain a resurgent cholera outbreak that is spreading beyond control.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #13 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:31pm

The dunce is in the house

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2017 at 4:36pm

red baron wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 4:31pm:
The dunce is in the house

Thanks for alerting us to Red Baron's presence.

Would you like some Saudi bombing runs dedicated to Red Baron?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print