Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Poll closed Poll
Question: The earth is warming because
*** This poll has now closed ***


It is cooling    
  0 (0.0%)
It isn’t warming    
  1 (25.0%)
It is warming from natural causes    
  0 (0.0%)
It is warming from anthropogenic causes    
  1 (25.0%)
It is warming from natural & anthropogenic causes    
  2 (50.0%)




Total votes: 4
« Created by: Jovial Monk on: Jul 31st, 2017 at 9:35am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Why do some people deny AGW? (Read 19977 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122313
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!




Neither am I -

I have just presented an alternative theory of global cooling.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am
 
Of course you are not Lisa.

You couldn’t understand the evidence for one.

Gregg is a denier tho.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:36am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!




Neither am I -

I have just presented an alternative theory of global cooling.


You mean you posted a heap of crap videos made by not a scientist but a lying charlatan. When I show the lies in the videos you are unable to refute what I post.

You are such a frightened denier you chose to believe a liar preaching global cooling.

There will likely be another El Nino this year. {Pop!} goes global cooling.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
greggerypeccary
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 156063
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:40am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!




Neither am I -

I have just presented an alternative theory of global cooling.



That's the problem, Booby: the AGW cult will not accept alternative theories.

They are completely unscientific and untruthful in their approach, and that's why they have such a bad reputation.


Back to top
 

GOP = Guardians Of Paedophiles
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:40am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!




Neither am I -

I have just presented an alternative theory of global cooling.


I know.

Probably a good idea to let Monk spew his garbage without any response by anyone.

He's used to brewing monologues.

Why he's dedicated an entire message board in honoUr of The  Monologue  Grin
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122313
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am
 
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:45am
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:40am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:35am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:28am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:23am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:18am:
Sorry Greg, you are just a denier. WHY do you deny AGW?


Once again, when faced with the truth, you resort to lies.

I'm not an AGW denier, and I've told you this on several occasions.

This is why the AGW cult gets such a bad reputation.

You can continue to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I'm not listening, I'm not listening", however, I'll always keep an open mind on the subject.





100% correct.

And I'm not an AGW denier either!




Neither am I -

I have just presented an alternative theory of global cooling.



That's the problem, Booby: the AGW cult will not accept alternative theories.

They are completely unscientific and untruthful in their approach, and that's why they have such a bad reputation.



It would be nice if there was evidence of an alternative. There is not one in sight however.

That the world has warmed is not in question. It is not due to orbital changes. It is not due to the sun becoming warmer—the sun has  been quiescent for some decades while the world continued to warm.

The concentration of CO2 is increasing.  Spectrometry shows that CO2 and methane (plus some other minor GHGs) absorb infrared photons heading to space.

Any alternative theories need very good evidence to supplant AGW.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
greggerypeccary
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 156063
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #23 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:47am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.


Sad, but true.

Back to top
 

GOP = Guardians Of Paedophiles
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:51am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.


hahahahahaha Booby believes an oil seed salesman preaching a LIA because, you know, sunspots.

A LIA, IF it happens, will reduce temperatures temporarily by .5°C.

Unlike the last LIA, caused by nobody is sure exactly what, there is 40% more CO2 (and more methane) in the atmosphere now. Cooling will be minor and temporary.

Booby’s god Dubyne never ever mentions the warming Arctic and the disappearing sea ice. A false prophet indeed, followed by fruitcakes and nutcases. And Booby.
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:58am
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.


Sad, but true.



The independent investigation of the truth in ANY matter requires us to consider possible alternative theories/explanations.

It's both tragic and bizzare that Monk is unable to fathom this.


Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #26 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:00pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:58am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.


Sad, but true.



The independent investigation of the truth in ANY matter requires us to consider possible alternative theories/explanations.

It's both tragic and bizzare that Monk is unable to fathom this.


Repeating what I wrote above:

It would be nice if there was evidence of an alternative. There is not one in sight however.

That the world has warmed is not in question. It is not due to orbital changes. It is not due to the sun becoming warmer—the sun has  been quiescent for some decades while the world continued to warm.

The concentration of CO2 is increasing.  Spectrometry shows that CO2 and methane (plus some other minor GHGs) absorb infrared photons heading to space.

Any alternative theories need very good evidence to supplant AGW.


And I just love Booby trying to appear superior by claiming I am brainwashed by media, considering he follows an obvious fraud like Dubyne  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
greggerypeccary
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 156063
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:06pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:58am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:41am:
Jovial is a victim of media brainwashing -
he can't think for himself &
even consider an alternative theory.


Sad, but true.



The independent investigation of the truth in ANY matter requires us to consider possible alternative theories/explanations.

It's both tragic and bizzare that Monk is unable to fathom this.



Once the AGW bug bites, it seems to destroy the victim's ability to think rationally.

And, let's face it: the AGW cult is exceptionally good at producing propaganda and lies.



Back to top
 

GOP = Guardians Of Paedophiles
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:08pm
 
Denialism plain and simple.

Now WHY do people deny AGW?
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Why do some people deny AGW?
Reply #29 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 12:13pm
 
This topic is like watching ping pong.

Grin  Grin
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 27
Send Topic Print