Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The 600 Filipino Grand Caliphate. (Read 2093 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The 600 Filipino Grand Caliphate.
Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:59pm

So, what are you gonna do, Bishop, other than gibber chin wag and trash talk in the scgmedia.  Invade the Philippines, now?

Angry

Link.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: The 600 Filipino Grand Caliphate.
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:09pm

It will be aided and abetted by the Sultan of Brunei, who is just across the water in Northern Borneo, and has already declared he will introduce Sharia Law. Being one of the richest men in the world, he will repeat the Saudi support and defense of the Wahabs, and we all know how well that turned out.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:22pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
It will be aided and abetted by the Sultan of Brunei, who is just across the water in Northern Borneo, and has already declared he will introduce Sharia Law. Being one of the richest men in the world, he will repeat the Saudi support and defense of the Wahabs, and we all know how well that turned out.

Who cares.....so long as they keep their crap out of Australia.  Let me know if they ever step a military foot on the northern most bit of Australia.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:39pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:22pm:

Who cares.....so long as they keep their crap out of Australia.  Let me know if they ever step a military foot on the northern most bit of Australia.

It's their ideology that is the problem, not their military.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:39pm:

When was the last time an ideology (I mean one based on a religion) was defeated militarily? 

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
So, what are you gonna do, Bishop, other than gibber chin wag and trash talk in the scgmedia.  Invade the Philippines, now?

Angry

Link.

Grin Ridiculous

The Philippines is 92% Christian

It would be a more likely scenario in Indonesia.

It's 87.2% Muslim and has the province of Banda Aceh that already enforces Sharia Law.

Julie Bishop should shut up with this distraction

and deal with the issue of the genocide of West Papuans at the hands of Indonesia.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:22pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:42pm:

When was the last time an ideology (I mean one based on a religion) was defeated militarily? 

How did Islam spread from Arabia to Spain? Why did those people in between give up their old ideology? Peaceful persuasion? How did it spread from Arabia to India and beyond and those people give up Buddhism, Hinduism etc? Peaceful persuasion?

How were European pagans converted by the Christians? Peaceful persuasion? How did the Catholics convert the Americas? Let me guess, peaceful persuasion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:26pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:22pm:

How did Islam spread from Arabia to Spain? Why did those people in between give up their old ideology? Peaceful persuasion?

Just as peacefully as the Pacific Islanders gave up theirs for Christianity, or the Africans gave up theirs.

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."  Desmond Tutu.

And "Islam"  was booted out.  Less than 4% now on the Iberian Peninsular.  Military action was not about religion.  It was territorial.  Do you think we are in Arabia with our guns and planes and bombs to impose Christianity?

Link.

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:32pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:30pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:26pm:

How did Islam spread from Arabia to Spain? Why did those people in between give up their old ideology? Peaceful persuasion?

Just as peacefully as the Pacific Islanders gave up theirs for Christianity, or the Africans gave up theirs.

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."  Desmond Tutu.

That might work when one side has a civilisation that is culturally and technologically much more advanced. It doesn't work when both sides are.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:31pm

And Islam was booted out.  Less than 4% now on the Iberian Peninsular.

Link.

Let me guess, by peaceful persuasion?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:34pm

See my edit.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:37pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:34pm:
See my edit.

Where?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:39pm

And "Islam"  was booted out.  Less than 4% now on the Iberian Peninsular.  Military action was not about religion.  It was territorial.  Do you think we are in Arabia with our guns and planes and bombs to impose Christianity?

Link.

Here.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:40pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:37pm:
See my edit.

Where?

OK, got it. Military action can be about many things but it is not limited to territory. War is an extension of politics. Islam is a political as well as a religious system.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:44pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:37pm:
See my edit.

Where?

OK, got it. Military action can be about many things but it is not limited to territory. War is an extension of politics. Islam is a political as well as a religious system.

I guess we will have to wait for Hanson's Royal Commission before we can say that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print