Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Islamophobia: ISIS’s Best Tool For Recruitment (Read 568 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Islamophobia: ISIS’s Best Tool For Recruitment
Mar 25th, 2017 at 9:04pm

The IRA killed more British people than ISIS recruits ever will. The solution was not to chase the Irish out of the UK.

The Islamophobes, bigots, racists and hate propagators of Ozpolitic and other BBSs are ISIS's best recruiting tool.

Hate, bigotry, Islamophobia, ostracism and recruitment will increase ISIS recruitment.

"Islamophobic behavior feeds the problem, which in my opinion is tantamount to letting the terrorists win."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-paine/islamophobia-isiss-best-t_b_11126518.htm...

Quote:
Islamophobia: ISIS’s Best Tool For Recruitment
By Tom Paine

Every time a terrorist attack occurs outside of the Middle East (whether in America, Belgium, France, or anywhere else), some politicians and citizens seem to automatically disregard the provisions of the First Amendment and start to exhibit Islamophobia. Most recently, after the attack in Nice, former US Representative Newt Gingrich called for a test of every American with a Muslim background. To find out if they believed in Sharia law; and if they did, this would be grounds for deportation out of the United States. I will not list the many other examples of this behavior from numerous politicians, and I will also not digress into how I feel this infringes upon the people’s right to freedom of religious expression. The scope of this writing will be about the underlying apprehension of the US by people in the Middle East and how Islamophobic behavior feeds the problem, which in my opinion is tantamount to letting the terrorists win.

First, I think some background is needed. I think that the foreign policy of administrations in America since the end of World War II has been convoluted and cantankerous, at best. I can list the many dictators that the US supported for the mere fact that the tyrannical leaders of these countries were anti-communists, such as in Central and South America. And the most poignant example of this poor policy is the CIA backed coup in Iran in 1953. This coup removed a nationalist Iranian leader (Mohammad Mosaddegh), and put into power an Iranian pro-US leader as Shah (Mohammad Reza Pahlavi). All in the interest of securing Iranian oil for America, regardless of the official statements on the matter. The nationalization of Iranian oil scared the US government to such a degree, that it caused the United States to make one of the worst mistakes in its history of foreign policy decisions.

And what, in the end, did the Iranian people see? A foreign power controlling the course of a sovereign nation and neglecting the will of the people, and placing Reza Pahlavi into a position of near absolute power. Who would then go onto to become an oppressive tyrant that terrorized the civilian population of Iran. This situation led to the rise of Ayatollah Khomeini, and the Iranian Revolution in 1979; which caused the American people to nervously watch their TV’s for 444 days. Incidents like this, and others, have become the backdrop of distrust and aversion of many Muslims towards America, Europe, and the Western world in general.

This brings me to our current global problem with extremist Muslim factions. Daesh (and other organizations past and present) have a recurring theme in their propaganda, that Western civilization is completely incompatible with Islam. Using this line to convince young Muslim men and women that it is better to martyr themselves than to acclimate themselves into a Western society that could never accept them as equals because of their religious beliefs. And then turns these disillusioned individuals into cheap “smart” bombs, telling them to cause the most destruction and terror possible.

And every time a terrorist attacks, right-wing politicians drive this wedge in further; showing young and impressionable Muslims that they are not welcome or accepted in our American society. Making the recruiters of these extremist groups smile because it adds to the narrative they are already preaching to the disillusioned and disenfranchised Muslim people and more specifically the younger members. Enabling the leaders of these groups to convince more and more people to commit atrocities against the Western world in the name of the “Caliphate.

And how do we the people protect ourselves and our families from this menace? Do we need to put more boots on the ground in these hotspots in the Middle East, and risk the lives of more US troops? Increase the number of drone strikes against suspected operatives? Punish the families of individuals who commit terrorist acts? In the end these policies will only cause more and more collateral damage to civilians in the region; as well as damage the image of the United States diplomatically throughout the world. And will only serve to validate the message of the extremists.

Or should we as Americans lay down the trump card, and use the most powerful weapons available; assimilation, compassion, and understanding? An individual who feels like they are a part of a community will think twice before committing a criminal act against the people they know as neighbors and friends. Rather than ostracize the average Muslim, we should realize that these people want nothing more than to live their lives and see their children in a better world than they live in now. And is that not also what every red-blooded American citizen wants, to see their children living in a better world?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Islamophobia: ISIS’s Best Tool For Recruitment
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:33am

Really?  You have a fix on the casualties imposed by IS on their own ethnic group, as well as every other group they seek to oppose??

Wow - you must have a direct line to The Almighty.... FYI, IS has been involved in a DIRECT WAR for years now - the casualties will never be fully resolved, but they are far and above any caused by the conflict between the IRA (or the Irish Independence Movement - I fought on the side of those opposing the IRA - it's called duty) and the British government etc.

You must be dreaming again.....

"ISIS recruits"?  WGAF?  It is the impact of ISIS that is of concern.....

If any of these peace-loving Islamic people want to go to ISIS - no way anything will affect that decision for them but their own choice, and if they die in the line of battle - the dogs over there can eat their bodies.

Jeez (lapses into ad hom) you are farken dumb.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:41am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:26am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:33am:
... Jeez (lapses into ad hom) you are farken dumb...

The truth that IRA killed more British people than Muslim radicals ever will seems to have stirred Grappler's memories of that IRA era.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:35am

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:26am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:33am:
... Jeez (lapses into ad hom) you are farken dumb...

The truth that IRA killed more British people than Muslim radicals ever will seems to have stirred Grappler's memories of that IRA era.

You are wrong - the IRA never killed more than hundreds - ISIS has killed many thousands and possibly hundreds of thousands.

"Of the 1,800 people killed by the I.R.A. since the late 1960's, about 650 were civilians rather than members of security forces or paramilitary organizations."

ISIS in Syria alone:-

"2014      25,160 killed      17,790 killed
2015      17,686 killed      13,249 killed
2016      14,192 killed      13,617 killed
January 2017      392 killed      645 killed".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Thanks for coming - better luck next season....

Oh.. sorry - you were trying to say that ISIS recruits from the WEST had not killed as many as the IRA..... well - hell - that makes one world of difference to the dead... apart from that.. how do you KNOW?

Thanks for coming....... we'll do a thorough analysis of the wreckage of your crash.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:46am

OOPS ... Sorry ... facts supercede rhetoric again.....

(ahhhhhhhhhh - ha - ha - ha - ha - ha - ha)......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:24am

Its already been agreed
By the apologists and sycophants in this forum
That the Muslim CULT is heavily populated by the mentaly ill

There is no other argument

Tyring to blame everyone and anyone for its obviously unstable and mentally ill followers
Is simply lies, misdirection, and an attempt to justify and belittle those who see the CULT for the danger it poses.

As agreed, by those who seek to protect this CULT
Anyone who praises, protects, celebrates or condones the terrorist or his actions is in fact mentally ill
That means, by their own admission, that tge sympathisers, apologists and many many muzzos are in fact
Mentally ill.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:27am

Valkie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:24am:
Its already been agreed

Tyring to blame everyone and anyone for its obviously unstable and mentally ill followers
Is simply lies, misdirection, and an attempt to justify and belittle those who see the CULT for the danger it poses.

Anyone who praises, protects, celebrates or condones the terrorist or his actions is in fact mentally ill
That means, by their own admission, that tge sympathisers, apologists and many many muzzos are in fact
Mentally ill.

Still making excuses for murderers I see.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:54am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 1:35am:
"Of the 1,800 people killed by the I.R.A. since the late 1960's, about 650 were civilians rather than members of security forces or paramilitary organizations."

Thanks for finally confessing that radicalized Muslims will never kill more British people than IRA did.

Why are you so defensive of the IRA? Was Grappler playing both sides?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:52am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 8:27am:
Its already been agreed

Mentally ill.

Cso now you admit that the muslim CULT is full of murderers?

Thank you
Ill put that on record

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 11:39am

Valkie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:52am:
Its already been agreed

Mentally ill.

Thank you
Ill put that on record

Terrorists are murderers.

You're making excuses for some of them.

Not a good look.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 11:58am

... Its already been agreed ...

Evidently, the voices in Valkie's head have agreed with Valkie.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:36pm

dear Unforgiven.
just wait till the mussies breed up their numbers -

then what the IRA did will be dwarfed by Islamic extremists.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Its already been agreed

Mentally ill.

Thank you
Ill put that on record

Not a good look.

It must gall you no end that you walked into agreeing that terrorists and their muzzo sycophants and apologists have been labelled by yourself as mentally ill.

We all know that Terorists are insane, why else would they murder innocent people.
And anyone who would direct them to doing it are therefore also insane.
As are any who condone, praise and otherwise promote terrorism.
And as We have proven, the muslim CULT is full of these insane people, therefre the CULT itself is insane.

Now, explain again how that equates to me making excuses for their CULTs insanity.
Unless you agree with me that the CULT is insane and needs to be eliminated or its followers locked up as insane patients.

DO YOU? Sad Sad Sad Sad

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:54pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 26th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Its already been agreed

Mentally ill.

Thank you
Ill put that on record

Not a good look.

It must gall you no end that you walked into agreeing that terrorists and their muzzo sycophants and apologists have been labelled by yourself as mentally ill.

We all know that Terorists are insane, why else would they murder innocent people.
And anyone who would direct them to doing it are therefore also insane.
As are any who condone, praise and otherwise promote terrorism.
And as We have proven, the muslim CULT is full of these insane people, therefre the CULT itself is insane.

Now, explain again how that equates to me making excuses for their CULTs insanity.
Unless you agree with me that the CULT is insane and needs to be eliminated or its followers locked up as insane patients.

DO YOU? Sad Sad Sad Sad

Why are you having this argument with yourself?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:58pm

Squirm sycophant, squirm.

You have agreed and recognize that the Muslim CULT is insane because its populated by so many insane people.

There is no going back, and changing the subject does not change the fact that you agreed.

Have fun friend.
Im glad you finally realize that this CULT is insane and dangerous to sane normal people.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print