Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
fox in charge of the henhouse - Scott Ryan (Read 7839 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
fox in charge of the henhouse - Scott Ryan
Oct 1st, 2016 at 8:50am

Scott 'senate thief' Ryan (Liberal, WA) is special minister of state. This puts him in charge of the Australian Electoral Commission. Scott Ryan was recently handed a six year senate term at the expense of Derryn Hinch. In doing so, the Liberal party ignored section 282 of the Commonwealth electoral act, which means it ignored the senate vote recount performed by the AEC with the intention of deciding who get the six year terms.

The Liberals had previously put Senator Mathias 'the liar' Cormann in charge of the AEC. In response to the theft of senate seats by Scott Ryan and Labor's Deborah O'Neill, the liar went on the record making the following claims about the 'order-elected' method - the old, unfair system use to give the six year terms to the senate thief.

Quote:
would recognise that those senators’ tickets attracted more primary votes and a stronger flow of preferences

Quote:
is a function of how many votes and how many preferences you are able to attract

These are both blatant lies. Not a single one of the 36 senators allocated six year terms did so with the help of preference flows from eliminated candidates.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/electoral-reform/broken-promises-stolen-senate-seats.ht...

The position of special minister of state was handed from the liar to the senate thief on 19 July this year. This was after the election, but before Labor and the Coalition announced their plans to steal one senate seat each, in doing so violating two bipartisan senate resolutions (1998, 2010) in which they promised the Australian public not to do this.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: fox in charge of the henhouse - Scott Ryan
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 8:59am

Not a good look considering the controversy.

Agree that Cormann could not have been less honest. In fact the first past the post method used negates preferences. The exact opposite of what he said.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:22pm

All the clear signs of a tyrannical government, this seeking to gather control over everything and force it to do their will...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 4:08am

What I don't understand is why people are so apathetic about this issue. They could not have been more blatantly wrong and dishonest, but the public responds with an overwhelming sense of defeatism.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 7:24am

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 4:08am:
What I don't understand is why people are so apathetic about this issue. They could not have been more blatantly wrong and dishonest, but the public responds with an overwhelming sense of defeatism.

The War of Terror that began some thirty odd years ago, fueled by 'feminism', 'equality movements', 'wars on crime', 'gun laws' - and all kinds of other things brought in to alter the legal and social landscape of this country by force and deception by the wolves in sheep's clothing who masquerade as governments here - all ultimately dedicated to the removal of the personal right to control over one's own life of the ordinary citizen and the abrogation of that right by the State under any disguise of government of left or right - has borne fruit with the many.  Most such now are either paid off social group members*, are terrorised into silence**, or have simply quit the field in disgust or a feeling of the impossibility of any meaningful change.

Only the very strong still oppose these continued intrusions into the basic Rights of the people - the one thing that amazes me is that so far there has been no outbreak of revolutionary actions.

On the issue of 'meaningful change' I raise above - Richard K Barnet in 'Intervention and Revolution' cites clearly that the primary cause of open revolt is not the manifold acts of oppression perpetrated by corrupt governments of self-interest, but the realisation by some that the political process as established is far too slow in rectifying wrong.

I happen to agree.

Looking at the Gauleiter principle*** in action - with the 'right' of the (temporary) employer of an Unemployed person to have a direct say over that person's Unemployment Benefits - I see the very clear issue will arise of certain of such 'employers' being attacked directly as merely an extension of an oppressive government.

Another issue involved, of course, is the rising over-control of 'employers' in the workplace - meaning that they have been fed for far too long the idea that they are petty dictators rather than members of a team.  That kind of unreasoning will get you sleeping with a grenade every night of the week and some days .... and has a very real negative impact on morale and on workforce productivity.  Such fools simply cannot see that simple reality, and yet governments persist in promoting exactly this kind of petty dictatorship of the workplace.

I predict a rain of fire is coming.... but it will only be The Few who carry the can - as usual - while the majority sit back and reap the rewards fought for.

* when you pay Peta to rob Paul under, for example, "EEO", you are creating a workforce of the under-motivated who are receiving largesse without effort, and another side which will receive little largesse regardless of effort.  Not a good idea in forming a dedicated and motivated workforce.

** when you rob Paul of his rights in family etc to give to Peta, dictate that Paul can no longer remain non-criminal for drowning his sorrows with more than two drinks, and tell him that owning a legal firearm and attempts to see his children will make him  a criminal and will lead to his being attacked by the State, you are engaging in a War of Terror against Paul as the (once) primary mover of all that WAS good in this society.  That is a precursor of a War of Terror by the ruling clique against The People in their entirety.

*** In Hitler's Nazi Germany, the Gauleiter was the absolute ruler (leader) of a specified segment of society, be it a town, city, or organisation (the Gau), and was, as a Nazi, a lesser dictator than those at the top but still a dictator.

Late Addition:-

I forgot to add into that mix the calculated policy of introducing mass groups from depressed Third World countries as a direct means of impacting negatively on income expectation, standards of living, and even social conditions - all as a precursor to generating a regime in which 'wage costs' and costs of 'production' will be lower, thus creating, without a simultaneous reduction in costs of living, a situation of more profit for those with their hands on the reins.

You see this precisely with the 7/11 epic - workers from India come here, are offered $5 an hour when their average weekly income i8n India is $11 - and they think, for five minutes - that they are in clover.  then the reality impacts that they cannot LIVE on $5 an hour and they are being ripped off.  So when Maohomad Shangrila comes here, and is prepared to work for his cousin all day in the hot sand for two drachmae a day - these people automatically compete with local workers and, via unregulated employment such as service stations etc - create an environment in which cheaper labour is available, and thus the overall prosperity of all is reduced. and downward pressure is generated on incomes for the working people (stress) - for the working people.

I have nothing against individuals in those imported social groups - as long as they do nothing to me, I will do nothing to them - but I must disagree with this failed government immigration policy and its deliberate use as a weapon of (dare one say it) class war against the working people of this country.

......and* before anyone gets too hasty here - when someone can show me where Labor anbd Liberal differ on this rort.... I'm all ears.....

[color=#0000ff]*use of 'and' etc as a sentence start for impact, as in the New England Jour
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:33am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:27am

Grappler,

you could write a manifesto for the Greenies.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:36am

juliar wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:27am:
Grappler,

I doubt any single 'greenie' would be prepared to let go of any oppressive legislation that  is in place as a means of reducing the general populace under despotism..... their entire aim is to do precisely that.  Like 'feminism' the aim of the game is and was, not to 'overthrow some entrenched system (of patriarchy)' - but to replace those in the sweet spots IN that entrenched system with their own....

Nothing new under the sun...

My thoughts on these and other matters would more closely align with a Hansonite - but one with intellect and an understanding of the larger world ....... and a firmer grasp on issues such as the root aim of the current immigration position here.... as a government policy and not as one of ethnic groups.....

Government is your enemy here - not those who live here.

YOUR understanding of the world and of issues is sadly deficient... but you could learn if you try hard....

― John Adams

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:59pm

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 4:08am:

The media writes sometime, that the people will see through the lies of politicians and will punish them; what a furphy that is; listening to the average Joe Blow, it is easy to see how apathetic the public is.
But what means have the people to improve the system?
They have one vote every few years, and what does it matter who wins the election; all the politicians and aspiring politicians seem to be the same.
If a person approaches a politician directly,he/she will not get an honest response, if he/she gets a response.
This is a very apt description of politicians:
In the book “Unemployment forever or a Support Income System and Work For All”, by Allan McDonald, on page 142 (h) it is stated: Any means tested welfare system requires extensive and complex state control and regulation. Australia is slowly but surely moving towards the ultimate outcome of a means tested social welfare system-state control over finances, the savings, and the labours of the poorest in the community.

Have the politicians of Australia the know-how and will to change the tax and social system to be more egalitarian, or was the late Professor A.J.Marshall right when he wrote, as quoted in the book “Equality and Authority” by S Encel on page212: “Most Australian politicians, he wrote, aspire to parliamentary seats ‘to better their salary, to inflate their egos and feather their nests’.

John Pilger in his book “The new rulers of the world” wrote on page 175: Like Britain and the US, Australia is a single ideology state with two competing factions, discernible largely by the personalities of their politicians. The difference between Howard’s conservative coalition and the opposition Labor Party is that Howards policies are not veiled. The Labor governments of the 1980s and early 1990s oversaw the greatest distribution of wealth in the country’s history: from bottom to top. They were Thatcherite and Reganite in all but name. Indeed, Tony Blair described then Prime Minister Paul Keating as his
‘inspiration’.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:36am:
Grappler,

I doubt any single 'greenie' would be prepared to let go of any oppressive legislation that  is in place as a means of reducing the general populace under despotism..... their entire aim is to do precisely that.  Like 'feminism' the aim of the game is and was, not to 'overthrow some entrenched system (of patriarchy)' - but to replace those in the sweet spots IN that entrenched system with their own....

My thoughts on these and other matters would more closely align with a Hansonite - but one with intellect and an understanding of the larger world ....... and a firmer grasp on issues such as the root aim of the current immigration position here.... as a government policy and not as one of ethnic groups.....

YOUR understanding of the world and of issues is sadly deficient... but you could learn if you try hard....

No matter what Juliar says, that is a very good post and it took  some effort.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:04pm

Quote:
They have one vote every few years, and what does it matter who wins the election; all the politicians and aspiring politicians seem to be the same.
If a person approaches a politician directly,he/she will not get an honest response, if he/she gets a response.

Find one that does give an honest response and vote for them. There is more than enough to choose from. On this issue the solution is simple - vote against Labor and Liberal in the Senate in 2019, and let them know you are going to do this and why. We need to make it in their self-interest to do the right thing.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 8:52pm

hawil wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:36am:
Grappler,

No matter what Juliar says, that is a very good post and it took  some effort.

I thank you for your positive comment.  Juliar says nothing of any reality.  What I say is not engineered by any ideology, but is the result of what I've seen and often endured over a lifetime in this country.  It does not require any deep thinking, by now.

Someone once said that the 'hippy' generation - of which I am not part since I was instead part of the Defence Forces and proudly so - had a very finely developed 'bullshit detector'.

I trust that I hold that faith..... and it is interesting to note that those views of mine clearly show why I do not, as was posited in requested job interviews, work for such agencies as ASIO and the AFP.

I do not work with sociopaths intent on some unthinking agenda.  I will add that this is the main reason I no longer work for the Commonwealth public service.

... and I am not the Senator from Tasmania, either..... I'm from a totally different strand.

― John Adams

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 11:50am

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
Quote:

Find one that does give an honest response and vote for them. There is more than enough to choose from. On this issue the solution is simple - vote against Labor and Liberal in the Senate in 2019, and let them know you are going to do this and why. We need to make it in their self-interest to do the right thing.

BY voting informal, as I have done on several occassions, does it make any difference? Not an iota, and the politicians know it.
I have contacted so many politicians and budding politicians, that I have lost count, and it is also useless.
The problem with democracy is, that it has been hijacked by the politicians for their own benefit, and we get the worst people, we can vote for.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:34am

Perhaps you should try voting properly.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 7:49am

You can not help but to think that it was a deliberately inappropriate selection designed to rub their noses in it.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:49pm

freediver wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:34am:
Perhaps you should try voting properly.

What do you call voting properly?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print