Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trump to Skip Remaining Debates If Hilary is there (Read 705 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Trump to Skip Remaining Debates If Hilary is there
Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:31pm

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.—Plunging the future of the 2016 Presidential debates into doubt, Donald J. Trump said on Tuesday morning that he would not participate in the remaining two debates if Hillary Clinton is there.

Trump blasted the format of Monday night’s debate by claiming that the presence of Clinton was “specifically designed” to distract him from delivering his message to the American people.

“Every time I said something, she would say something back,” he said. “It was rigged.”

He also lambasted the “underhanded tactics” his opponent used during the debate. “She kept on bringing up things I said or did,” he added. “She is a very nasty person.”

Turning to CNN, Trump criticized the network’s use of a split screen showing both him and Clinton throughout the telecast. “It should have been just me,” he said. “That way people could have seen how really good my temperament is.”

The billionaire said that debate organizers had not yet responded to his ultimatum, but he warned that if he does not get assurances in writing that future debates will be “un-rigged, Hillary-wise,” he will not participate.

“I have said time and time again that I would only do these debates if I am treated fairly,” he added. “The only way I can be guaranteed of being treated fairly is if Hillary Clinton is not there.”

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Trump to Skip Remaining Debates If Hilary is there
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:40pm

The key to great satire, is that its indistinguishable from reality. This is great satire.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:43pm

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 2:14pm

What people do while waiting for a bus connection to Desperation, Utah.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 2:18pm

Well that is a further reason to vote for Hillary.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:22pm

Raven wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:31pm:
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.—Plunging the future of the 2016 Presidential debates into doubt, Donald J. Trump said on Tuesday morning that he would not participate in the remaining two debates if Hillary Clinton is there.

Trump blasted the format of Monday night’s debate by claiming that the presence of Clinton was “specifically designed” to distract him from delivering his message to the American people.

“Every time I said something, she would say something back,” he said. “It was rigged.”

He also lambasted the “underhanded tactics” his opponent used during the debate. “She kept on bringing up things I said or did,” he added. “She is a very nasty person.”

Turning to CNN, Trump criticized the network’s use of a split screen showing both him and Clinton throughout the telecast. “It should have been just me,” he said. “That way people could have seen how really good my temperament is.”

The billionaire said that debate organizers had not yet responded to his ultimatum, but he warned that if he does not get assurances in writing that future debates will be “un-rigged, Hillary-wise,” he will not participate.

“I have said time and time again that I would only do these debates if I am treated fairly,” he added. “The only way I can be guaranteed of being treated fairly is if Hillary Clinton is not there.”

Too deluded to be President  ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:59pm

Trump interrupted every answer multiple times and insisted on having the last say on everything. He was guilty of very poor behaviour and managed to re-write his own history on almost every subject.

He managed to easily lose the debate and has now spat the dummy and gone off to have a sook accusing Hillary of what he had done himself.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:01pm

Trump to Skip Remaining Debates If Hilary is there

It would give him a 50/50 chance of winning ?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:54pm

Just a false story -
it should be deleted from Ozpolitic.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-threatens-to-skip-debates/

Origin:On 27 September 2016, social media users began sharing a claim that Republican nominee Donald Trump had threatened to skip the remaining presidential debates if Hillary Clinton attended was published as part of  The New Yorker's "Borowitz Report":

Plunging the future of the 2016 Presidential debates into doubt, Donald J. Trump said on Tuesday morning that he would not participate in the remaining two debates if Hillary Clinton is there.

This item was just a spoof, as "The Borowitz Report" is a well-known satire column penned by humorist Andy Borowitz, but some readers were fooled into thinking that the story was a real news piece.  One reason for the confusion may have been that Rudy Giuliani (a high-profile supporter of Trump's) indeed suggested that the GOP candidate should skip the next two presidential debates unless they were overseen by moderators operating under his proposed constraints:

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 3:20pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
Just a false story -
it should be deleted from Ozpolitic.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-threatens-to-skip-debates/

Origin:On 27 September 2016, social media users began sharing a claim that Republican nominee Donald Trump had threatened to skip the remaining presidential debates if Hillary Clinton attended was published as part of  The New Yorker's "Borowitz Report":

Plunging the future of the 2016 Presidential debates into doubt, Donald J. Trump said on Tuesday morning that he would not participate in the remaining two debates if Hillary Clinton is there.

This item was just a spoof, as "The Borowitz Report" is a well-known satire column penned by humorist Andy Borowitz, but some readers were fooled into thinking that the story was a real news piece.  One reason for the confusion may have been that Rudy Giuliani (a high-profile supporter of Trump's) indeed suggested that the GOP candidate should skip the next two presidential debates unless they were overseen by moderators operating under his proposed constraints:

Well duh.

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:10pm

You have to admit, he resonates with the electorate.

A choice between Hillary and Trump?

Well, one's a politician and the other is a businessman.

If he's got a shot at running what was once the powerhouse of the world, perhaps he may do better than a 'politician'.

If given the choice between the 'better of two weevils', I'd pick Trump simply because of that same reason.

He's the more likely to attempt to live up to his promises.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #11 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:15pm

Well much of American industry is going bankrupt, who better then Trump to oversee it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print