Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who will be new GMOD (Read 4291 times)
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 23818
Carlsbad, CA
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #30 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:20pm
 
The current workload I have should subside with the recovery of the currency markets.

Unfortunately both my top and bottom line have lost millions as a result of the GBP right now.
Hence needing to do 12 hour days to work out what we do ( I type this on Regent St just getting a breather from this morning).

Sadly I am having to run the normal headcount analysis of hiring freezes and then potential headcount reductions and what that would save on the net margin.

That's the time issue I have Aussie. It is been landed on me by the markets and above.
Back to top
 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde
 
IP Logged
 
Aussie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 39936
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #31 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:30pm
 
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:20pm:
The current workload I have should subside with the recovery of the currency markets.

Unfortunately both my top and bottom line have lost millions as a result of the GBP right now.
Hence needing to do 12 hour days to work out what we do ( I type this on Regent St just getting a breather from this morning).

Sadly I am having to run the normal headcount analysis of hiring freezes and then potential headcount reductions and what that would save on the net margin.

That's the time issue I have Aussie. It is been landed on me by the markets and above.


I don't doubt any of that Mr Hicks.  It demonstrates that you are unable ~ "I'm hard pressed giving this place 30 mins lately," ~ to adequately "still moderate."

I'm not shafting blame Mr Hicks, but you know what you have said to me and us all, and given the departure of p_n, you are it.  There is no-one else, for all practical purposes.  Gandalf is only concerned inside the Islam Board.  That's it.

"Full stop."
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Secret Wars
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3928
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #32 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 10:38pm
 
I vote Aussie as mod, he obviously has the spare time and is dead keen on banning people and dictating how they should post so you cannot say he wouldn't be hands on. 

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
strolling bones
Full Member
***
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 159
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #33 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:41pm
 
I think in the interest of fairness we need another female GMod. I put myself forward as a credible choice, obviously I have the experience necessary as most of you know. I think Ms cods would also be excellent choice, after myself of course.  Either of us would insist on a monthly Dip n Glide night, and no getting a leg over in the bus on the way home. Wink
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Its time
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Boot libs out

Posts: 25639
Gender: female
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #34 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:28am
 
strolling bones wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:41pm:
I think in the interest of fairness we need another female GMod. I put myself forward as a credible choice, obviously I have the experience necessary as most of you know. I think Ms cods would also be excellent choice, after myself of course.  Either of us would insist on a monthly Dip n Glide night, and no getting a leg over in the bus on the way home. Wink


Cods ?
...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Kat
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Socialism IS the answer.

Posts: 17709
Everywhere and no-where
Gender: female
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #35 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 6:20pm
 
I honestly couldn't care less.

I've just about given up on the place anyway.
Back to top
 

...
 
IP Logged
 
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 23818
Carlsbad, CA
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #36 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:56pm
 
I don't believe there is a selection going on at the moment.
If there is, I am sure it will be announced and I'll provide feedback to the big dog in private on who I believe is suitable.
Back to top
 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde
 
IP Logged
 
Aussie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 39936
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #37 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm
 
Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 23818
Carlsbad, CA
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #38 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:03pm
 
Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm:
Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.


When I was made a GMod, I had responded to a request from Muso and FD that they were adding one more Moderator in public.

Pretty sure Annie was also decided after a public request to put forward.
Back to top
 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde
 
IP Logged
 
Aussie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 39936
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #39 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:05pm
 
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 8:03pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 7:59pm:
Quote:
I am sure it will be announced


Can't recall it being announced in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong.


When I was made a GMod, I had responded to a request from Muso and FD that they were adding one more Moderator in public.

Pretty sure Annie was also decided after a public request to put forward.


You may be right.  I just can't immediately bring it to mind.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17570
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #40 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:19am
 
Perhaps with the new facelift a mod facelift is indicated. In this idea there are a panel of members, mods refer infractions to them and they make the decision.

Although I would never want to be a mod, I think my decision making is sound. We could have a group that makes decisions and more mods with less power that refer their and others complaints for adjudication.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 23818
Carlsbad, CA
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #41 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:05am
 
I don't think it would work in practice though.
The time would be lengthy and often you need to act then and there.
Back to top
 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17570
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #42 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:09am
 
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:05am:
I don't think it would work in practice though.
The time would be lengthy and often you need to act then and there.


I thought that too. What happens when instant decisions need to be made.

My thought, around that, was gmods are allowed their current powers but decisions are reviewable.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Redmond Neck
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 24029
ACT
Gender: male
Re: Who will be new GMOD
Reply #43 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:01am
 
Well I will vote me if no one else does!

I can be trusted except on Club night!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print