Soren,
I profusely apologise for deleting your post. Being moderator of this forum, I have a Modify button which appears where the Quote button is normally located in other forums.
You were saying something about it being silly to presume that the carbon cycle can't adjust to a small emission in carbon.
This was my reply, which I initially embedded in your original post.
==========================================
What is "silly" is to fail to recognize that if the carbon cycle had
accommodated a small annual increase in emissions, there would not be a small annual increase in atmospheric concentration.
852 Gigatonnes of CO2 in the atmosphere in 2016. 750Gigatonnes of CO2 in the atmosphere in 1990.
That's 100 Gigatonnes increase,
100/750 = a 13% increase in about 25 years or a 38% increase since industrialisation.
Soren, that's only 0.52% per annum!
The actual emission is bigger than that, because a significant amount is absorbed by the ocean.
100/25 = 4 Gigatonnes (C) or roughly a 2ppmv increase per year.
That corresponds to 4 x 3.67 or about 15 Gigatonnes of CO2.
The average emission per annum has been about 25 Gigatonnes of CO2.
The last two years were running about 35Gigatonnes. It is slowly starting to level out despite world GDP increasing by much more than that proportionally.
We can thank the growth in renewable energy for that levelling off.
==========================================
Of course I will accept a self ban for 2 weeks (since I'll be at sea) , and I'm leaving chimp in charge.