longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23
rd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
yeah... but to be fair, you did take a massive u-turn away from climate change and address your own pet causes.
Human damage to the environment is my pet cause?
Tell me, do you not think that the environment and climate are linked?
As to discussing the science - My point about the "science" is that NEITHER side of the debate has been particularly faithful to the actual science... Yet, your argument merely focuses on one side... You see, I agree with you that the science has been poorly applied, where we differ is that is the problem with BOTH sides. Hence, it is a waste of time arguing about this single issue, when the BIGGER picture is what is really at stake.
Whilst the cue of single issue whiners maintain their ongoing rage at the other team of single issue whiners - humans continue having a destructive impact on the ONE environment we have to live on. There are no second chances if we stuff it up. As such, I hope that those who are positive that our impact on our environment is nothing to worry about are right - however, I also think we are stupid as a species to continually ignore the damage we do.
Being a closed system, it is quite reasonable to conclude that our polluting, denuding, over populating, consuming and amassing of much non biodegradable junk could indeed have some impact on climate - that could ultimately be very bad of us and other species. It probably won't matter to our generation, but the generation that has to clean up for us I doubt will be very impressed at our belligerence and ignorance. It would also seem pretty reasonable to come to the conclusion that we are harming the environment. At some point there will be a tipping point. None of the debaters presently in this seem to be able to point to when or where that tipping point might be (apparently the science isn't in)... That should be at the very least concerning to any thinking sentient being - yet, it appears a great number of humans are not at all concerned...
As I said earlier, it matters not which "side" one supports with the alleged science, apparently it has ALL been debunked already... Why would I waster further time with that?
I don't support either side of the climate change debate, because both sides are mostly populated by politicians, opinion piece writers and pseudo scientists... Both sides attempt baffle with bullshit and push their own barrows rather than educate. The "science" as you put it, has been hijacked by the unscientific. Once again, why would I waste my time with that then?
You certainly can choose to write on any single aspect (minutiae) you like, freedom of speech is like that. However, likewise, I am equally free to push my own "pet cause", which, as I see it, is the bigger picture that includes climate...
I find it funny that despite the "other" issues, people gravitate back to "climate change" because it is an un-winnable distraction from the much harder discussion.