Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Nick Krygios Australia's shame at Tennis (Read 9523 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Nick Krygios Australia's shame at Tennis
Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:48pm

Nick Kyrgios is a petulant fouled mouthed disgrace and the only thing that went wrong was the Umpire's failure to disqualify Kyrgios from Wimbledon...Red Baron.

A report of the a..hole's behaviour follows:

Nick Kyrgios has insisted he will not drop his brash attitude after the volatile Australian's latest outburst during his Wimbledon first-round rout of Diego Schwartzman.

Kyrgios was back at Wimbledon 12 months after he stunned Rafael Nadal in a memorable fourth-round upset that made him the lowest-ranked player to beat a world number one at a major for 22 years.

On his return, Kyrgios, who eventually bowed out in the quarter-finals last year, crushed Schwartzman 6-0, 6-2, 7-6 (8-6) in just 85 minutes to set up a second-round meeting with another Argentine, Juan Monaco, after he beat Germany's Florian Mayer 6-1, 6-2, 6-4.

But Kyrgios' emphatic victory was marred by a heated discussion with umpire Mohamed Lahyani over a line call that Kyrgios felt came as he was hitting a deep ball, affecting his shot, but the umpire disagreed.

That prompted the 20-year-old to threaten to sit in his chair until the supervisor came out to make a ruling - a threat that turned out to be empty as he picked up his racket and balls after about 45 seconds of discussion. He also shouted out "dirty scum".

Kyrgios was adamant he was directing the abuse at himself, but the unsavoury incident only added to the perception the world number 29, already renowned for his flamboyant style on and off court, has an attitude problem.

The Canberra native, who split with long-time coach Todd Larkham just before Wimbledon, was hardly repentant when quizzed about his outburst at his post-match media conference.

"I wasn't referring to the ref at all there. Yeah, it was towards myself. Obviously I knew you guys were going to ask me about that," he said.

"I'm not too fussed about the call to be honest, but if it was a more crucial time in the match, or deeper in the tournament, that could swing things.

"It shouldn't be something that can be taken lightly. You've got to make the right call there.

"It wouldn't bother me one bit if they fine me."

Pressed by reporters on why he would describe himself in such fashion, Kyrgios grew agitated, saying: "Because I can. Why are you so caught up about the question?"

Can you believe what a dead sh.t we have representing our Country? He should be exported to Greece where his worth is about as much as their economy right now...Red Baron
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:55pm by red baron »  

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Nick Krygios Australia's shame at Tennis
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:02pm

Red Baron is the one that should be ashamed. Don't project your shame on the whole country.

The umpire was wrong.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:03pm

Was towards himself

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:30pm

red baron wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:48pm:
Nick Kyrgios is a petulant fouled mouthed disgrace and the only thing that went wrong was the Umpire's failure to disqualify Kyrgios from Wimbledon...Red Baron.

A report of the a..hole's behaviour follows:

Nick Kyrgios has insisted he will not drop his brash attitude after the volatile Australian's latest outburst during his Wimbledon first-round rout of Diego Schwartzman.

Kyrgios was back at Wimbledon 12 months after he stunned Rafael Nadal in a memorable fourth-round upset that made him the lowest-ranked player to beat a world number one at a major for 22 years.

On his return, Kyrgios, who eventually bowed out in the quarter-finals last year, crushed Schwartzman 6-0, 6-2, 7-6 (8-6) in just 85 minutes to set up a second-round meeting with another Argentine, Juan Monaco, after he beat Germany's Florian Mayer 6-1, 6-2, 6-4.

But Kyrgios' emphatic victory was marred by a heated discussion with umpire Mohamed Lahyani over a line call that Kyrgios felt came as he was hitting a deep ball, affecting his shot, but the umpire disagreed.

That prompted the 20-year-old to threaten to sit in his chair until the supervisor came out to make a ruling - a threat that turned out to be empty as he picked up his racket and balls after about 45 seconds of discussion. He also shouted out "dirty scum".

Kyrgios was adamant he was directing the abuse at himself, but the unsavoury incident only added to the perception the world number 29, already renowned for his flamboyant style on and off court, has an attitude problem.

The Canberra native, who split with long-time coach Todd Larkham just before Wimbledon, was hardly repentant when quizzed about his outburst at his post-match media conference.

"I wasn't referring to the ref at all there. Yeah, it was towards myself. Obviously I knew you guys were going to ask me about that," he said.

"I'm not too fussed about the call to be honest, but if it was a more crucial time in the match, or deeper in the tournament, that could swing things.

"It shouldn't be something that can be taken lightly. You've got to make the right call there.

"It wouldn't bother me one bit if they fine me."

Pressed by reporters on why he would describe himself in such fashion, Kyrgios grew agitated, saying: "Because I can. Why are you so caught up about the question?"

Can you believe what a dead sh.t we have representing our Country? He should be exported to Greece where his worth is about as much as their economy right now...Red Baron

He is representing himself,
not
Australia.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:34pm

The Umpire, even if he made a bad call, did not derserve the unashamed vitriol thatKrygios poured out like a 'big girl's blouse'.

You would never have seen a Rod Laver or Ken Roswell or John Newcombe, or Pat Rafter behave like that. Never...ever.

Standards have dropped to an all time low because in Laver's day, that just simply would not have happened. The players would have copped it sweet, realising that sometimes the odd bad call goes your way.

It shows Unforgiven, how little you know about the game of Tennis and its history.

You are an apologist for a dead sh.t like Krygios. He deserved a belt in his potty mouth.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:36pm

That's funny Aussie, the remarks I am reading, hearing indicate that the AUSTRALIAN player Nick Krygios was behaving abysmally.

Don't think he is a Greek National is he? I can only pray.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:44pm

Agree he needs a kick up the Khyber Pass

But he is not the first to behave like this and some of the other bad boys have turned out Ok

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:50pm

red baron wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:36pm:
That's funny Aussie, the remarks I am reading, hearing indicate that the AUSTRALIAN player Nick Krygios was behaving abysmally.

Don't think he is a Greek National is he? I can only pray.

You know the point.  Dunno why you want to box on about the bleeding obvious.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:50pm

I remember Layton Hewitt was a little controversial in his younger days .. then all the knobs started telling him he was a bad sport because he yelled out 'come on'  so he stopped displaying his passion. Stopped winning too.

Passion is an integral part of sport. You use whatever emotions you need to win, be they anger, disappointment, revenge etc  anything that gives you that slight edge you need to win.

I'm pretty sure Krygios doesn't play because he cares what you think Red, he plays to win.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:54pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 4:50pm:
I remember Layton Hewitt was a little controversial in his younger days .. then all the knobs started telling him he was a bad sport because he yelled out 'come on'  so he stopped displaying his passion. Stopped winning too.

Passion is an integral part of sport. You use whatever emotions you need to win, be they anger, disappointment, revenge etc  anything that gives you that slight edge you need to win.

I'm pretty sure Krygios doesn't play because he cares what you think Red, he plays to win.

I am sure you are right.

Still think it doesnt absolve him from being a bad sport, I actually think the refs are told to ignore it in the interest of not spoiling the tournament!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:39pm

Well Redneck yesterday he wanted to sit on the sideline 'on strike' until  he got his way...Leyton Hewitt never tried that one  nor did he slag the umpire.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:40pm

red baron wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:39pm:
Well Redneck yesterday he wanted to sit on the sideline 'on strike' until  he got his way...Leyton Hewitt never tried that one  nor did he slag the umpire.

Kyrios didn't 'try that one'  either. He played on. or did you miss that part?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:40pm

Obvious to me but apparently lost in translation for you Aussie. Smiley

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:43pm

Was that after he sat on his arse and demanded the Central Umpire attend? That was until his survival mode kicked in and he realised he was looking like the dickhead that he is, sitting there like an all day sucker. Cheesy

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:44pm

red baron wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 6:40pm:
Obvious to me but apparently lost in translation for you Aussie. Smiley

An Australian is representing Australia when they are part of a recognised Australian Team.  He is at Wimbledon for himself, not Australia.

Historically, even at the Olympic Games, contestants were/are not representing their Country.  They were/are there as themselves, not as a duly nominated representatives of this Country.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14
Send Topic Print