Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I was playing baseball catcher that day... (Read 419 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:55pm
 
The hottest day recorded in Perth was on 23 February, 1991, when the mercury reached 46.2C.

Cheesy Cheesy

- don't remember too much about it but EXCEPT MY BROTHER WENT HOME WITH A BLOOD NOSE AND I WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nah, someone told me there was another 46 day in Perth when my auntie got married and I was real young so maybe in '81 or something?!!? I was surprised to read this day in 1991 was the record to tell you the truth... so be it: i knew it was a day to remember, somehow, mind you  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ... oh yeh- that's right... MY BROTHER WENT HOME WITH A BLOOD NOSE LOL  Cheesy Cheesy

SOURCE: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/05/perth-melts-in-scorching-4...
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
brumbie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 994
Gender: male
Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm
 
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:12pm
 
brumbie wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm:
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.

Um, I think that's me!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
UnSubRocky
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Posts: 26437
Rockhampton
Gender: male
Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 9:28pm
 
brumbie wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:07pm:
Psst!.. don't tell the doomsday merchants it was 24 years ago..they've got an agenda to keep to.


The official record for Rockhampton was 45.5C in 1990. That was over 24 years ago. I was at the beach when we got it, so we didn't suffer. And although we have had unofficial reports of temperatures as high as 47 degrees celsius in recent years, official temperatures have not budged passed 44 degrees celsius. Winter temperatures have taken a dive in recent years. And that's with me complaining about it after having to endure driving around in winter time for deliveries -- ergo, I should have been accustomed to it.
Back to top
 

At this stage...
WWW  
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:17am
 
Confusing Weather and Climate.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: I was playing baseball catcher that day...
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 12:15pm
 
lee wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:17am:
Confusing Weather and Climate.

lee is a seamstress for daddykins  Cheesy Cheesy
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print