Chimp_Logic wrote on Jan 4
th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 4
th, 2015 at 10:55pm:
It doesn't matter what David Suzuki says -
the fact is that modern man has put about 1 trillion tonnes of CO2
into the atmosphere - that can hardly be something good for the environment.
Glaciers are melting - permafrost is now releasing methane as well which is even worse.
....but what about the short term corporate profits of EXXON, Shell, BP, etc?
Greed has taken over.
Quote:“They say that life is an accident, driven by sexual desire, that the universe has no moral order, no truth, no God.
Driven by insatiable lusts, drunk on the arrogance of power, hypocritical, deluded, their actions foul with self-seeking, tormented by a vast anxiety that continues until their death, convinced that the gratification of desire is life's sole aim, bound by a hundred shackles of hope, enslaved by their greed, they squander their time dishonestly piling up mountains of wealth.
"Today I got this desire, and tomorrow I will get that one; all these riches are mine, and soon I will have even more. Already I have killed these enemies, and soon I will kill the rest. I am the lord, the enjoyer, successful, happy, and strong, noble, and rich, and famous. Who on earth is my equal?”
― Ved Vyasa, The Bhagavad Gita