Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cannibalism Won't Necessarily Make You Fat (Read 966 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Cannibalism Won't Necessarily Make You Fat
Jul 4th, 2014 at 10:00pm

Tempted to cook up a big slab of human thigh meat, but worried about your waistline? Well, great news: As long as you're responsible with your portions, cannibalism will not make you fat.

That's according to Popular Science (maybe keep an eye on the fridge if you work at PopSci?), who consulted the University of Brighton's James Cole, who studies human origins. He's drawn up an entire nutritional chart for people parts:

A human arm would supply about 1,800 calories, for example, while each leg would yield 7,150 calories. The lungs, liver, and alimentary canal each provide roughly 1,500 calories, while the brain, spinal cord, and nerve trunks together account for 2,700. And what lurks in the hearts of men? Seven hundred twenty-two calories, Cole says.

Cole calculated all this because there's a big debate whether early hominins who engaged in cannibalism did so for ritual or nutritional purposes. He's hoping that knowing which parts where the most caloric might shed some light. OR SO HE SAYS.

All told, a human body contains something like 81,500 calories, much of it adipose tissue, so we're definitely talking junk food, here. Which just figures.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Cannibalism Won't Necessarily Make You Fat
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 10:55am

yeh, but you might develop an uncontrollable laugh and die..  Shocked Shocked

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Grand Duke Imam Gandalf

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:39pm

I am too busy being a Smart Ass intimidating people so they get banned by backward little old ladies like Annie Anthrax with Free Divers Divers BALLS in my mouth.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:45am

And of course Prions Disease is good for you.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Shakey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:47am

Grand Duke Imam Gandalf wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:39pm:
I am too busy being a Smart Ass intimidating people so they get banned by backward little old ladies like Annie Anthrax with Free Divers Divers BALLS in my mouth.
You mean John Smith.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print