Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Climate Change IS REAL! (Read 7771 times)
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21592
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #90 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 11:53am
 
Emma wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 8:08pm:
nice graph..  im not reading links..

but most violent  = deadliest..??   
seems 1974 was a bad yr for lots of folks.. as was 2010.2011  ..don't we know it.. here in Qld.

one graph means nothing .. sorry..  if you are trying to show proof...
you must realise surely that anything you trawl out will be met by just as big,  or an even bigger,  net.
Media does NOT inform us on this issue...  we, as it were, the general public.. get fed all sorts of tripe.. YUK.. Some love it...  I can't swallow it..  I make up my own mind..   

Only hard reality will convince some.. so .. for example,,..... when your house floods..  altho its never flooded before  in living memory..  think about it. Shocked Shocked


so  I refer you to someone prev who thought isotopes recorded on caves in WA proved cyclones were stronger then. more than 1000 yrs ago.

I mean.. guys really.. I'm not saying that is wrong...

it is SIMPLY IRRELEVANT.

We are in a whole new game here.. and relying on old stats is foolhardy in the extreme.
Everyone has an axe to grind.. it seems..

Mine is not for cutting down trees.



So the stats from a US Gov't Agency don't count. You don't look at the links. The top 10 deadliest shows 2011 the latest and then goes back to 1953, as the next deadliest by time.

But you don't want to know that because you are safely cocooned in your own perceptions. Facts don't matter.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #91 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 6:21pm
 
they may well be facts as you say..  whether they have any relevance ..//  remember the very wise words of Samuel S Clemens  ..   and....given the number of other factors which apply in this time frame.. the graph is basically meaningless. .. in isolation.  OH  I know you are answering one of my prev posts re tornadoes..  whatever. Roll Eyes

I think the next 10yrs will show you all the proof you will ever need to see.

Time will prove it... 




Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21592
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #92 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:09pm
 
I'm not hoping you're right. And I don't think you are.

Just think if a sceptic disbelieved government data, they would be labelled a 'conspiracy nut'.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #93 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:19pm
 
Emma wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 at 6:21pm:
they may well be facts as you say..  whether they have any relevance ..// remember the very wise words of Samuel S Clemens  ..   and....given the number of other factors which apply in this time frame.. the graph is basically meaningless. .. in isolation.  OH  I know you are answering one of my prev posts re tornadoes..  whatever. Roll Eyes

I think the next 10yrs will show you all the proof you will ever need to see.

Time will prove it... 


Yeah, and the 'wise words' of Samuel Clemens are
crap..
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #94 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:38pm
 
you know what ??

I couldn't be bothered arguing about this any more.

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #95 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:52pm
 
Emma wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:38pm:
you know what ??

I couldn't be bothered arguing about this any more.



Good, that mea
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #96 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:53pm
 
Emma wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 at 7:38pm:
you know what ??

I couldn't be bothered arguing about this any more.



Good, that meas you are learning..
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21592
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #97 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 1:08pm
 
The graph of course has a timeframe of 60 years. So much longer than AGW.

'The mid-west of the United States has seen unprecedented tornado activity. '

But the graph shows otherwise.

Merely because local news agencies report tornadoes from the USA more, doesn't actually make them more common.

You are 'making up my (your) own mind'; just not from data.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print