Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Climate Change IS REAL! (Read 7780 times)
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #45 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:02pm
 
well well Got 66 mm of rain in the gauge..!!

One day and it was gone.

Unheard of  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Would have preferred 100+  ..  and now they say some more showers..??
Frogs sound positive.. kookas are calling.. fingers crossed ..

for more unseasonal rainfall.  Smiley Smiley
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #46 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 5:12pm
 
Emma wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:05pm:
so far have had maybe .>??? 30 mm.. (err perhaps thats an exaggeration )
Unusual for this time of yr,,? Yes..

will wait till I've talked to my neighbor... who keeps a rain gauge ..  when it stops ..


RAINING..!!!  oh Bliss..!! To hear the rain ..
a bit of real rain... is wonderful. 

Do hope it keeps going.   Smiley  Currently..  yes.. its raining..  Smiley

If the ground is dry the rain doesn't make it to catchment.. if desertification takes hold it is an irreversible process!!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #47 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 11:33pm
 
aye well there's the rub.

it has been raining lightly here.. (  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley ) for the last 12 hrs + ... not going to get 66 mm thats for sure  BUT...!

It is soaking in nicely .. and I might even get some more rungs filled in my water tank.  It is just so wonderful to hear the rain on the roof,  in the trees,  and feel the moister air.

I'm happy for my trees.  Smiley

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #48 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:00am
 
and still I hear this impossible... unseasonal,! Smiley  .. rain .. in the driest month of the yr... historically.!   ... falling gently and so sweetly on my corrugated iron roof.

Ahh 

life is sweet.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #49 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 2:03am
 
Emma wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:00am:
and still I hear this impossible... unseasonal,! Smiley  .. rain .. in the driest month of the yr... historically.!   ... falling gently and so sweetly on my corrugated iron roof.

Ahh 

life is sweet.

Must have a weird smell ?!!?
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #50 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 2:06am
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Aug 21st, 2014 at 5:12pm:
Emma wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:05pm:
so far have had maybe .>??? 30 mm.. (err perhaps thats an exaggeration )
Unusual for this time of yr,,? Yes..

will wait till I've talked to my neighbor... who keeps a rain gauge ..  when it stops ..


RAINING..!!!  oh Bliss..!! To hear the rain ..
a bit of real rain... is wonderful. 

Do hope it keeps going.   Smiley  Currently..  yes.. its raining..  Smiley

If the ground is dry the rain doesn't make it to catchment..
if desertification takes hold it is an irreversible process!!


YES

which is why development at any cost is simply wrong.

The land needs TREES


not concrete and cars

SEQ ??  PUKE .. Tongue

  developers run the govt here..and/or Govt-run bodies
like Energex,  crap all over the way it SHOULD be.

TREES 
not
politically backed developers.   Angry Angry



Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #51 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 2:27am
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 2:03am:
Emma wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 12:00am:
and still I hear this impossible... unseasonal,! Smiley  .. rain .. in the driest month of the yr... historically.!   ... falling gently and so sweetly on my corrugated iron roof.

Ahh 

life is sweet.


Must have a weird smell ?!!?


Weird..?  No ..not at all..  a familiar smell ?
Yes..

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #52 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 5:49pm
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Smiley

It is STILL raining...  not as heavy,  but light and re-invigorating.  It is soaking in.. and my tanks is getting more rain than when we had 66mm..  relatively.  (The gutters aren't overflowing.. they are catching it all.. Smiley
Have had a further 13.5 mm to 9 am   .. since then??? Light but sweetest ... 

So  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Smiley

The frogs are singing again..  have been noticeably absent in the sounds of the bush here for too many months now..

Go frogs..!!   Smiley

And the recording is likely to be 'under'  because the rain gauge is surrounded by  very tall trees...  the open area is limited... and the wind... has been quite ferocious..  eased now.

SO

a very UNUSUAL, but very welcome weather event.   Smiley Grin

Who knows..?  I'm already feeling so much better...  but  i could get  100+    Shocked Shocked Shocked

IMAGINE THAT eh..?? 


Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #53 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 7:58pm
 
As long as you're happy I'm happy  Cool
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #54 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:05pm
 
I'm happy...  Smiley
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Rider
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2669
OnTheRoad
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #55 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:22pm
 
Quick someone call the ipcc it has rained in Qld, the evidence is in, the science is settled.... Grin Grin Grin  97% of Qlders agree it has rained, it's a consensus  Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #56 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:45pm
 
another city dude...  couldn't find his ah in the dark..
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Rider
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2669
OnTheRoad
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #57 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:52pm
 
Emma wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:45pm:
another city dude...  couldn't find his ah in the dark..


Try nth nsw, Central nsw, far north qld - gulf, western Qld, western nsw, bris & Melbourne, you have nothing.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #58 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:25pm
 
ohh??

I have lived on the spot I still live on NOW... for 29yrs.. more or less..   Smiley  Hey I been all over too,, in younger yrs. 


NOW??

I have observed the changes.. over this time.

bear with me .. bear  DOWN  boy.. Smiley

'cos  I have observed real change.. and only in this last 50 yrs,, has the RATE of CHANGE in the natural world... speeded up..to such a degree as to be  recognisable in realtime. !!

THAT IS BAD.

AND.. that is in response to the obscene and increasing AMOUNTS OF CRAP.. that we humans produce.

I don't see how any consciously connected human being could say anything else.

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Rider
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2669
OnTheRoad
Gender: male
Re: Climate Change IS REAL!
Reply #59 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:58pm
 
Emma wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:25pm:
ohh??

I have lived on the spot I still live on NOW... for 29yrs.. more or less..   Smiley  Hey I been all over too,, in younger yrs. 


NOW??

I have observed the changes.. over this time.

bear with me .. bear  DOWN  boy.. Smiley

'cos  I have observed real change.. and only in this last 50 yrs,, has the RATE of CHANGE in the natural world... speeded up..to such a degree as to be  recognisable in realtime. !!

THAT IS BAD.

AND.. that is in response to the obscene and increasing AMOUNTS OF CRAP.. that we humans produce.

I don't see how any consciously connected human being could say anything else.



Nice rant. Moronic waffle of course. Enjoy your rain, it's not unprecedented and not even unusual.
We had blue skies and a tad over 20 degrees in Melbourne today...must be some man made warming rates of change or some other laughable tosh  Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print