Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the ever-convenient Muslim "war" excuse (Read 4893 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
the ever-convenient Muslim "war" excuse
Apr 14th, 2014 at 7:01pm

Muslims frequently trot out the excuse that something happened in the context of war to justify abandoning early every single moral principle they espouse. For example, Abu liked to tell us that Muslims may only lie in the context of war. He also insisted that the west has been at war with the Muslim world for over a century. Falah had an elaborate fantasy of glorious aboriginal military victories against Europeans, and lamented that they were not more violent, as their Muslim caretakers had instructed them to be.

When Muhammed and his early followers moved to Medina, they spent many years growing rich and powerful by robbing trade caravans traveling to and from Mecca. This was the period immediately prior to Muhammed stepping up to a career of rape and pillage. Most Muslims use the rather cynical justification that they were merely "stealing back" what the Meccans took from the first Muslims. Gandalf has recently started insisting that the years of robbery were actually warfare. TC often justifies it by insisting (without evidence) that the Meccans, or someone from Mecca, had declared war on the Muslims. This makes little sense, as you would not declare war on someone, then stand idly by over the years as they grow stronger by stealing from you at every opportunity. TC complains that they 'boycotted' the Muslims at the same time. The claim that the Meccans declared war has been justified by insisting that the Meccans sent armies against the Muslims (prior to the battle of the trench). In reality, this was the soldiers or mercenaries sent to accompany the trade caravans, due to the increasing problem of thieving Muslims stealing everything and killing traders. Gandalf has used the justification that the early Muslims were artisans and not farmers, and thus couldn't possibly be expected to support themselves through farming as everyone else in Medina apparently did. I am yet to see a rational explanation for why they could not take up farming or  practice their trade from Medina and participate in the trade route going right past them.

The consistent pattern is that Muslims use warfare to justify abandoning every moral principle they have. It was the only way Muslims could legally acquire slaves. They could steal everything and take the women as sex slaves, if it suited Muhammed.

However, there is one moral principle that Muslims could not abandon using the excuse of war - that it is wrong to execute prisoners of war. This is where they employ a particularly impressive form of moral contortionism. When they want to excuse the slaughter of POWs, they simply declare that it was not war, they were not POWs, and thus it is fine to slaughter every single one of them, without trial and without regard for the intentions or even the actions of the individual. Thus, POWs who had actually helped Muhammed's war effort - up until he laid siege to them - were also slaughtered for crimes they did not commit.

So Gandalf's position is basically that when Muhammed wanted to rob caravans to line his own pockets, this was war, and it was not Muhammed's fault because he had no choice. Later, the real wars began and the Muslims laid siege to the last big tribe of Jews from within Medina. Eventually they surrendered. In this context, Muhammed wanted to slaughter all the prisoners. Simple - just insist that the siege was not war. TC even insists that because the Jewish tribe was not another country, they could not possibly be POWs, even though Arabian society at that time was not organised into anything resembling nations. They even insist that because the Jews had violated a treaty, it was not war. Of course, the details of this treaty are not available. We must simply accept that it obliged the Jews to continue fighting on behalf of Muhammed - after he had kicked the other two powerful Jewish tribes out of Medina on weak pretexts - and after Muhammed had started openly mocking Jews in the street and threatening them with death if they did not convert.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: the ever-convenient Muslim "war" excuse
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 9:44pm

I'm scared to read the OP in case I find another ridiculous and baseless claim about history - and end up spending another 20 pages trying to explain to FD the basics of historical verification.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 11:47pm

Oh, I wouldn't worry about historical verification. FD believes in freedom. He prefers to think for himself.

He does a good line on moral contortionism though - something about your Muslim twisting things, telling fibs and making things up.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 12:00pm

So why do you feel so compelled to respond to something you are afraid to read?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 8:59pm

Gandalf is there a special Islamic historical verification technique that tells you it was warfare whenever Muhammed wanted to rob caravans and murder traders, but when he upgraded to slaughtering 800 Jews in one day, that was definitely not war?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 9:13pm

Good question, FD. Which historical sources are you referring to?

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:16pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 9:44pm:
I'm scared to read the OP in case I find another ridiculous and baseless claim about history - and end up spending another 20 pages trying to explain to FD the basics of historical verification.

Like through Islam's own books for example?

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus. So when we intended to do coitus interrupt us, we said, 'How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah's Apostle who is present among us?" We asked (him) about it and he said, 'It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul (till the Day of Resurrection) is predestined to exist, it will exist."  (Book #59, Hadith #459)
http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHadith.php?keyword=coitus&translator=1&search=1...
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:23pm by Pete Waldo »  

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:23pm

freediver wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 8:59pm:
Gandalf is there a special Islamic historical verification technique that tells you it was warfare whenever Muhammed wanted to rob caravans and murder traders, but when he upgraded to slaughtering 800 Jews in one day, that was definitely not war?

Since the Banu Qurayza were innocent, faithful, peaceful, farmers I don't view it as "war" so much as murder, since to me war indicates two sides that are engaged. Seems that calling it a war is akin to saying that the German Jews were at war against Hitler.

It was the same raw, naked, imperialistic Islamic aggression, and conquest and subjugation of peaceful innocent peoples that took place throughout nearly the entirety of the whole known world up into France and Austria, during the Islamic First Jihad. It was the murder of innocents, the rape of their women and little girls, and theft of the fruit of their labor with Muhammad assigning himself 1/5 of the "booty" for himself, just like a Mafia Don.
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/jihad_islamic_terrorism.htm#islamic_first_ji...

I find it simply stunning that Muhammadans prefer the stand-alone messenger of the father of lies and his child rape, murder, prisoner rape and thievery, to the Lamb of God, the sinless Messiah of the one true God of love of the scriptures, as He revealed Himself through all of His prophets and witnesses in His 1600 year record to mankind, whose people have followed Him through two covenants for 3500 years.
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/jesus_or_muhammad.htm
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:40pm by Pete Waldo »  

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:37pm

accidental post

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:55pm

Goodness, where ever did I say it wasn't war when the Qurayza were executed?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 11:03pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:55pm:

Would you also claim the German Jews were at war against Hitler and the Islamic Grand Mufti of Jerusalem?

http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/jihad_islamic_terrorism.htm#hitler_and_the_m...

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2014 at 11:09pm by Pete Waldo »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 11:16pm

FD doesn't believe the Holocaust happened. Why not?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:49am

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:55pm:

Were the prisoners captured in this war POWs?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 10:53am

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2014 at 8:49am:
Were the prisoners captured in this war POWs?

No they were arrested for betraying their own people, judged and sentenced.

But please do continue with your semantic games.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 5:56pm

So you are arguing that the battle of the trench, in which there was no actual battle, was a war, but the siege that followed in which the 800 Jews were captured was not a war?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print