Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
More global warming hilarity LOL (Read 11403 times)
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21639
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #180 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:01am
 
# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:52am:
lee wrote Yesterday at 9:52pm:
...
'John McLean is the author of three peer-reviewed papers on climate and an expert reviewer for the latest IPCC report. He is also a climate data analyst and a member of the International Climate Science Coalition.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/lack-of-accountability-clouding-the-climate-change-debate-20140102-307ja.html#ixzz2pcP8FhtC
According to his personal home page, John McLean is a Computer consultant and occasional travel photographer. His main contribution has been in providing object lessons in how not to conduct science.



So the IPCC uses a numby like him as an expert reviewer; no wonder they can't get anything right.

So he is an IT specialist like Ben above?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #181 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:03am
 
progressiveslol wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:12am:
# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:53am:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 9:06am:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:59am:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:41am:
# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:43am:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:16pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:14pm:
...
If you could narrow it down a little ...
Just look at the first page.

Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:27pm:
Just give me an example.

First you want me to narrow it down. I narrow it down. Then you demand an example.

Moving the goalposts is a loser's game.



So no examples of Watts making stuff up, thankyou for proving me right. 


Do you include "making stuff up"  as cherry picking data, and producing a trend line that is the opposite direction of trend lines on the complete data ?

The only way this could be acheived is a deliberate trial and error to find the unusual set of data that matches his desired outcome.  This practice is a big no-no is scientific circles.




Link please  Smiley
http://wottsupwiththat.com/

How about you use the more credible link of http://theinterwebzthatalgorecreated.com
...
Can you substantiate your assertion that your source is more credible?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #182 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:06am
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:01am:
# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:52am:
lee wrote Yesterday at 9:52pm:
...
'John McLean is the author of three peer-reviewed papers on climate and an expert reviewer for the latest IPCC report. He is also a climate data analyst and a member of the International Climate Science Coalition.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/lack-of-accountability-clouding-the-climate-change-debate-20140102-307ja.html#ixzz2pcP8FhtC
According to his personal home page, John McLean is a Computer consultant and occasional travel photographer. His main contribution has been in providing object lessons in how not to conduct science.



So the IPCC uses a numby like him as an expert reviewer; no wonder they can't get anything right.
He's a strange choice for an "expert" anything, I agree, but you'll have to take that up with the IPCC. Can you substantiate your assertion that "they can't get anything right"?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #183 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:07am
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'


I'd take a degree in an Earth Science like Geology over a diploma in womans studies any day.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #184 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:08am
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'

'have spent my working life mainly in the Information Technology'

http://wottsupwiththat.com/about/

So like Watts, no Climate qualifications. No Statistical background.

Does referring to GISS but not UAH or RSS qualify as cherrypicking? Or is it just data?
Neither is credible, I agree. So why rely on Watts?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21639
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #185 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:11am
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:07am:
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'


I'd take a degree in an Earth Science like Geology over a diploma in womans studies any day.


Are so that's your medical qualification?

# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:08am:
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'

'have spent my working life mainly in the Information Technology'

http://wottsupwiththat.com/about/

So like Watts, no Climate qualifications. No Statistical background.

Does referring to GISS but not UAH or RSS qualify as cherrypicking? Or is it just data?
Neither is credible, I agree. So why rely on Watts?




I don't I refer to the referenced papers. Mostly from warmist sites.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Innocent bystander
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 4220
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #186 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am
 
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
namnugenot
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 639
NSW
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #187 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:52am
 
In other news...North America braced for record low temperatures...oh I forgot, this is weather, not climate like when it's hot....then it's AGW.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #188 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:18pm
 
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am:
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?


Youve been provided with plenty. But like all conspiracy theorists, when provided with contradictory data, you use that as reinforcement of the conspiracy.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Innocent bystander
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 4220
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #189 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:23pm
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am:
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?


Youve been provided with plenty. But like all conspiracy theorists, when provided with contradictory data, you use that as reinforcement of the conspiracy.




No evidence has been forthcoming, if you have some please post it here in detail or concede defeat  Smiley
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #190 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:28pm
 
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:23pm:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am:
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?


Youve been provided with plenty. But like all conspiracy theorists, when provided with contradictory data, you use that as reinforcement of the conspiracy.




No evidence has been forthcoming, if you have some please post it here in detail or concede defeat  Smiley


To quote from the link I provided earlier...

Instead, this find
nding suggests that a general propensity to endorse any of a number of
conspiracy theories predisposes people to reject entirely unrelated scienti
fic facts.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
namnugenot
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 639
NSW
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #191 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:46pm
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:28pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:23pm:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am:
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?


Youve been provided with plenty. But like all conspiracy theorists, when provided with contradictory data, you use that as reinforcement of the conspiracy.




No evidence has been forthcoming, if you have some please post it here in detail or concede defeat  Smiley


To quote from the link I provided earlier...

Instead, this find
nding suggests that a general propensity to endorse any of a number of
conspiracy theories predisposes people to reject entirely unrelated scienti
fic facts.


Probably should read buyllsh#t dressed up as scientific facts. AGW in any case is a hypothesis and with the propensity of proponents to have their thumbs on the scales a rather weak one.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #192 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:59pm
 
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:46pm:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:28pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:23pm:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
Innocent bystander wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:41am:
Still no evidence of watts making stuff up so I'll give you one more shot, in one sentence or less what did watts make up?


Youve been provided with plenty. But like all conspiracy theorists, when provided with contradictory data, you use that as reinforcement of the conspiracy.




No evidence has been forthcoming, if you have some please post it here in detail or concede defeat  Smiley


To quote from the link I provided earlier...

Instead, this find
nding suggests that a general propensity to endorse any of a number of
conspiracy theories predisposes people to reject entirely unrelated scienti
fic facts.


Probably should read buyllsh#t dressed up as scientific facts. AGW in any case is a hypothesis and with the propensity of proponents to have their thumbs on the scales a rather weak one.



More tin foil hats required.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #193 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:48pm
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:11am:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:07am:
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'


I'd take a degree in an Earth Science like Geology over a diploma in womans studies any day.


Are so that's your medical qualification?

# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:08am:
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:55am:
wootsupwiththat-

'We are me. To make the creepy rock-pokers work harder I’ll stick to just a first name; Ben. I earned a B.Sc. in Geology'

'I started an Earth Sciences Master’s degree shortly afterward'

'have spent my working life mainly in the Information Technology'

http://wottsupwiththat.com/about/

So like Watts, no Climate qualifications. No Statistical background.

Does referring to GISS but not UAH or RSS qualify as cherrypicking? Or is it just data?
Neither is credible, I agree. So why rely on Watts?




I don't I refer to the referenced papers. Mostly from warmist sites.
The evidence of your posts belies that assertion. Are you any better qualified than I to interpret those papers?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21639
Gender: male
Re: More global warming hilarity LOL
Reply #194 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 5:41pm
 
Probably not, but I can understand the abstracts. Smiley

A good abstract should have-
The reason for the study;
The methodology used; and
The results.

If the abstract fails in that - it is the fault of the writer; not the reader.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print