Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now (Read 11342 times)
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #90 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm
 
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21603
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #91 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:35pm
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 10:46am:
Sadly, not many people realise Australia is a carbon sink.


Identify all mechanisms that characterise this carbon sink.

what proportion of Australia's natural tree cover has been cleared since the British invaded in 1788?



The Chief Scientist Australia did that for you. The figures are current to the last Government.

Back to top
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:42pm by lee »  
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21603
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #92 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:43pm
 
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.



So now we are responsible for what the rest of the world does with our products? Does that extend to wheat?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #93 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:31am
 
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:43pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.



So now we are responsible for what the rest of the world does with our products? ...
I reckon so.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21603
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #94 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:46am
 
#. You forgot - 'Does that extend to wheat? '

Unless -'I reckon so.'  applies to it and all transport costs to feed the world etc.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #95 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:59am
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:46am:
#. You forgot - 'Does that extend to wheat? '

Unless -'I reckon so.'  applies to it and all transport costs to feed the world etc.
Indeed. I presume you're trying to say something, but your message isn't getting through.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21603
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #96 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:07am
 
Are you a Kiwi? They reckon they should be treated like computers. Punch the information in. Cool
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
namnugenot
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 639
NSW
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #97 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm
 
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #98 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:58pm
 
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?


Well I wouldnt. What they do with it is there problem.

But I wouldnt rule it out once the world get serious about climate action as a way to price coal out of the electricity generation business.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
namnugenot
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 639
NSW
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #99 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:39pm
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:58pm:
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?


Well I wouldnt. What they do with it is there problem.

But I wouldnt rule it out once the world get serious about climate action as a way to price coal out of the electricity generation business.



So you're happy to see any saving of coal by reduction in coal usage through a price signal or cost here stuck on a boat and burnt overseas without that price signal or cost (or it does not matter to you what they do with it) and releasing CO2 into a global atmosphere. So have you always been a racist?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #100 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:44pm
 
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:39pm:
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:58pm:
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?


Well I wouldnt. What they do with it is there problem.

But I wouldnt rule it out once the world get serious about climate action as a way to price coal out of the electricity generation business.



So you're happy to see any saving of coal by reduction in coal usage through a price signal or cost here stuck on a boat and burnt overseas without that price signal or cost (or it does not matter to you what they do with it) and releasing CO2 into a global atmosphere. So have you always been a racist?



See bold above.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #101 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:51pm
 
lee wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 11:07am:
Are you a Kiwi? They reckon they should be treated like computers. Punch the information in. Cool
Have you been drinking?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #102 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:56pm
 
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?
I'm with Doctor Jolly: Quote:
... I wouldnt rule it out once the world get serious about climate action as a way to price coal out of the electricity generation business.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
namnugenot
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 639
NSW
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #103 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 6:51pm
 
# wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 3:56pm:
namnugenot wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:53pm:
# wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
#, I think so.
...
Considering the amount of carbon that we dig up and send off to be burnt, I don't.


So you would support any form of carbon tax applying to exports at the same rate as applied domestically?
I'm with Doctor Jolly: Quote:
... I wouldnt rule it out once the world get serious about climate action as a way to price coal out of the electricity generation business.



Then you're both hypocrites who support no real reduction in global burning of coal. So how can you be taken seriously when you you wring your hands about climate change because you obviously don't believe in it.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: We need a carbon tax. GW is real and now
Reply #104 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:46pm
 
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 8:35pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 7:35pm:
lee wrote on Jan 6th, 2014 at 10:46am:
Sadly, not many people realise Australia is a carbon sink.


Identify all mechanisms that characterise this carbon sink.

what proportion of Australia's natural tree cover has been cleared since the British invaded in 1788?



The Chief Scientist Australia did that for you. The figures are current to the last Government.



right.... so you don't know.

you gallop in here like a parroting right wing freak fascist emitting foul odours and the putrid stench of your own deranged clown maggot decay.

why bother debating this issue if you enter these rooms intellectually defenceless ??
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print