Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
400 km wide solar panel array on moon? (Read 1280 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Nov 30th, 2013 at 12:18pm
 
http://qz.com/152384/japans-plan-to-supply-all-the-worlds-energy-from-a-giant-so...

I would have thought the flaw in this plan was pushing the moon out of orbit....!??!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:13pm
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 12:18pm:
http://qz.com/152384/japans-plan-to-supply-all-the-worlds-energy-from-a-giant-so...

I would have thought the flaw in this plan was pushing the moon out of orbit....!??!

I doubt there'd be enough energy. My concern would be with the necessarily high-energy microwave beam aimed at the Earth.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:19pm
 
How do we contact dr karl and not the forum that he has nothing to do with? The forum could probably tell us but surely it would be much more fun hearing it on the forklift at work  Cheesy
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:24pm
 
I think I prefer my world-wide solar network linked with HVDC  idea, For one thing, it's cheaper.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:45pm
 
muso wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 2:24pm:
I think I prefer my world-wide solar network linked with HVDC  idea, For one thing, it's cheaper.

For shizzle,... that's where the game has to go but they are worried about sabotage so the plot doth remaineth quite sticky and very very thick  Huh Grin Grin
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 4:25pm
 
I guess there is more than one way to crack a nut.

...
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2013 at 5:31pm
 
Please don't tell me that's a nutcracker!??!  Huh
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2013 at 9:00pm
 
# wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 1:13pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 12:18pm:
http://qz.com/152384/japans-plan-to-supply-all-the-worlds-energy-from-a-giant-so...

I would have thought the flaw in this plan was pushing the moon out of orbit....!??!

I doubt there'd be enough energy. My concern would be with the necessarily high-energy microwave beam aimed at the Earth.


Yes, that would be a far more pressing concern.
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #8 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 5:27am
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 5:31pm:
Please don't tell me that's a nutcracker!??!  Huh


It's an unnecessarily complicated nutcracker, just like the lunar solar panel idea.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:12pm
 
muso wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 5:27am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2013 at 5:31pm:
Please don't tell me that's a nutcracker!??!  Huh


It's an unnecessarily complicated nutcracker, just like the lunar solar panel idea.

Attack with ideas they say  Cool
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Frances
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3577
In a Castle in the Hills
Gender: female
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:21pm
 
If you wanted to cut costs with transmitting the energy back to earth, you could use copper cables joined together and covered by plastic bags....
Back to top
 

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: 400 km wide solar panel array on moon?
Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:32pm
 
Frances wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 4:21pm:
If you wanted to cut costs with transmitting the energy back to earth, you could use copper cables joined together and covered by plastic bags....

I think that is the first time you've honestly made me laugh!  Cheesy
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print