Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global (Read 4130 times)
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:15pm
 
Well it's in the semantics. From the hundreds of papers dealing with paleotemperatures, it's obvious that there was a prounced Medieval Warming in North America, Greenland and Norway.  In some areas, the effect was less pronounced, and in some areas, there was a pronounced cooling.

The overall effect was probably a slight global warming for this period, however the only regions to show temperatures similar to the late 90s was Northern Norway and Greenland.

That is apparent from looking at the "spaghetti" graph that shows the various studies superimposed. 

Was there an increase in Total Solar Irradiance for this period? Yes. Proxy data show this quite clearly.

Has there been an increase in Total Solar Irradiance in the past 60 years? No. I don't think anybody can dispute that.

So what's the fuss about anyway? Error in determination for this period is considerable.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
ImSpartacus2
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6913
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:45pm
 
Vuk11 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:39pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 12:08pm:
Ohh look its sunday morning and sock puppet Ajax is already hard at work cutting and pasting deceitful propaganda for his fossil fuel corporate masters. Well, you know what they say "No rest for the wicked".



Sunday morning- 12:08PM....
Ohhh, so cutting. How will I recover. Its a pity you don't show humanity and the planet as much loyalty as you show your Koch army colleague. How many pieces of silver does it take. Come on, you can tell us. 

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Vuk11
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1797
QLD
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 3:03pm
 
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:45pm:
Ohhh, so cutting. How will I recover. Its a pity you don't show humanity and the planet as much loyalty as you show your Koch army colleague. How many pieces of silver does it take. Come on, you can tell us. 



Grin!!
I was just taking the p*ss........why you so mad?  Cheesy

Seriously though? Got about 700oz, I'm hoping to graduate to gold pieces after I do enough votes on internet polls  Wink
Back to top
 

Joker_Serious.jpg (9 KB | 36 )
Joker_Serious.jpg
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 3:46pm
 
Vuk11 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:39pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 12:08pm:
Ohh look its sunday morning and sock puppet Ajax is already hard at work cutting and pasting deceitful propaganda for his fossil fuel corporate masters. Well, you know what they say "No rest for the wicked".



Sunday morning- 12:08PM....

(Sorry I had to  Cheesy)


481 seconds doesn't change the truth contained within ImSpartcus's post.

As usual vuk11, you expose the ant but cannot see the ant colony NOR its place in the ecosystem,

The stench that you emit within this particular thread is predictable, immature and riddled with the putrid foul odour of Hades

And for that alone you stand condemned and eternally immersed in decaying carcass froth
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:49pm
 
Ajax wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:30pm:
...
Tell me how where the temperatures of the deep ocean layers taken hundreds thousands and millions of years ago....????

Then tell me how the temperatures of the deep oceans are acutually taken today................????
...

Ajax, are you capable of understanding? Are you willing to understand?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:50pm
 
# wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:49pm:
Ajax wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 1:30pm:
...
Tell me how where the temperatures of the deep ocean layers taken hundreds thousands and millions of years ago....????

Then tell me how the temperatures of the deep oceans are acutually taken today................????
...

Ajax, are you capable of understanding? Are you willing to understand?


talking to yourself again?
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:51pm
 
muso wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:15pm:
...
So what's the fuss about anyway? ...

From what little I understand, the denyosphere has latched on to a small part of a study that can be misinterpreted to bolster their perverse world view.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:54pm
 
# wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:51pm:
muso wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:15pm:
...
So what's the fuss about anyway? ...

From what little I understand, the denyosphere has latched on to a small part of a study that can be misinterpreted to bolster their perverse world view.


a group conversation with only one person present

interesting neurotic fraud based psychosis
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
Vuk11
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1797
QLD
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 7:25pm
 
Lol Chimp are you still on the conspiracy stuff.
Do you really think Ajax, Muso, # and myself are all the same people?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 7:58pm
 
It's pretty obvious that Chimp and Ajax are the same poster.

I don't know how we can demonstrate that there are no socks on this board.  We have very different views on nuclear power. I don't mind it in principle but I don't think it's financially viable. I'm neither pro nor anti although I support it over coal.  I think # is opposed to nuclear and I'm not sure about Ajax.

Vuk takes a denialist stance on climate, but at least understands basic concepts and asks good questions. Ajax is very keen on conspiracy theories of all kinds and doesn't believe in Anthropogenic AGW for political/financial reasons.

I get very frustrated that people can't spot the obvious BS in denialist arguments.

How can I convince you Chimp?
Back to top
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:15pm by muso »  

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #25 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:22pm
 
# wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:51pm:
muso wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 2:15pm:
...
So what's the fuss about anyway? ...

From what little I understand, the denyosphere has latched on to a small part of a study that can be misinterpreted to bolster their perverse world view.


The Medieval Warm period is not part of any argument. It's a red herring. The fact that Monckton's cheer squad latches on to it is totally perplexing.

The Lord Monckton moves in mysterious ways.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #26 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:55pm
 
muso wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 7:58pm:
It's pretty obvious that Chimp and Ajax are the same poster.

I don't know how we can demonstrate that there are no socks on this board.  We have very different views on nuclear power. I don't mind it in principle but I don't think it's financially viable. I'm neither pro nor anti although I support it over coal.  I think # is opposed to nuclear and I'm not sure about Ajax.

Vuk takes a denialist stance on climate, but at least understands basic concepts and asks good questions. Ajax is very keen on conspiracy theories of all kinds and doesn't believe in Anthropogenic AGW for political/financial reasons.

I get very frustrated that people can't spot the obvious BS in denialist arguments.

How can I convince you Chimp?


Now you are talking to yourself about talking to yourself

interesting persistence to cover your tracks you have there muso

A little bit embarrassing don't you think?

the numbers in ozpolitic.com must be on the downward trend - like the ice cover at the poles
Back to top
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:01am by Chimp_Logic »  

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #27 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 9:18pm
 
Ozpolitics is not exactly a commercial site. It is owned by Freediver.  From my experience with Internet Ads, I doubt if they cover his expenses. As usual, you have the wrong end of the stick.

All the moderators on here are volunteers. Nobody gets paid.  You have an obsession with corporations. It's  just a pastime.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
ImSpartacus2
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6913
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #28 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 9:30am
 
muso wrote on Nov 3rd, 2013 at 7:58pm:
It's pretty obvious that Chimp and Ajax are the same poster.

I don't know how we can demonstrate that there are no socks on this board.  We have very different views on nuclear power. I don't mind it in principle but I don't think it's financially viable. I'm neither pro nor anti although I support it over coal.  I think # is opposed to nuclear and I'm not sure about Ajax.

Vuk takes a denialist stance on climate, but at least understands basic concepts and asks good questions. Ajax is very keen on conspiracy theories of all kinds and doesn't believe in Anthropogenic AGW for political/financial reasons.

I get very frustrated that people can't spot the obvious BS in denialist arguments.

How can I convince you Chimp?


You know muso for someone who lauds the scientific method you really do say some extraordinarily baseless things.  How would you know that there are no socks on oz politics.  They have programs with increasing sophistication that allow one person to open a multitude of accounts in different names without detection.  Do you ever go on the Whirlpool  forum.  They refer to astroturfing as a constant problem.  When Australia implemented carbon pricing it was a big loss for the denialists and the huge fossil fuel interests around the world. It gave impetus to other countries to do the same and now that we are set to scrap it again there is a lot of financial incentive to win the population over to the denialist cause.   Ozpolitics is just one of a number of forums where it would be ideal to spread their propaganda to the grass roots and they hope eventually to the rest of the country.   

As to whether you muso are a sock, I'm inclined to think not. True Colours I don't know much about him/her and couldn't say.  As for Ajax, I think the odds are really high that he is a plant. The guy comes here specifically to cut, paste and repeat the arguments from the denialists blogs without any apparent interest in actually debating the truth or otherwise of what he is saying. It doesn't matter.  All that matters is that he floods the airwaves with his garbage in the hope that some unsuspecting innocents will be taken in by his garbage.  Which brings us to Vuk.  Although Im not as confident about him as I am about Ajax I would still say on balance that he too is a sock here on a mission to spread the denialist propaganda.  I think the things I consider most damning with respect to Vuk are these: He is not a scientist; he tells us without any natural human hesitation that the real scientists in the field dont know what they're talking about; he accuses the expert scientists of having corrupt motives on nothing more then the "possibility" that someone in the scientists' position "might" be making global warming up to fund his/her individual projects and yet he, Vuk, freely ignores the fact that the blog sites that he is repeating arguments from and cutting and pasting from are backed by huge financial interests in the fossil fuel industry.  I'm talking Koch brothers here and their front men like the Heartland and Cato institutes etc.  I think if Vuk was genuine he would ask himself as any basic human being would ask himself.  What's at stake? The expert scientists are saying catastrophe for the human race and the planet. But says Vuk, I'm not a scientists, who am I to doubt what the scientists are saying, especially when so much is at risk.  But instead what does this Vuk do.  He spreads the denialist propaganda, happily cutting and pasting and repeating the latest arguments from denialists HQ without the slightest hesitation.  No this guy IMO is not who he says he is and is here with his sock puppet mate Ajax to spread propaganda for their corporate masters.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: New paper shows Medieval Warm Period was global
Reply #29 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 9:53am
 
Vuk and Ajax think they are so 1950s hardcore business is business types  Cheesy
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print