Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Send Topic Print
Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs (Read 30072 times)
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #255 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:17pm
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:06pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 9:46am:
...
I am here to learn from the best.
...
No Chimp, right now, you're here to troll.

Consider this a warning.


First you refuse to respond to questions, then you vanish, then all of a sudden you are issuing threats of banishments

who are you really?

If you have something to say, then say it. If you have nothing to contribute, then say nothing.

This subject is a distraction from the topic.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #256 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:29pm
 
You can split it out if you want.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #257 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 8:39pm
 
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:17pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:06pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 9:46am:
...
I am here to learn from the best.
...
No Chimp, right now, you're here to troll.

Consider this a warning.


First you refuse to respond to questions, then you vanish, then all of a sudden you are issuing threats of banishments

who are you really?

If you have something to say, then say it. If you have nothing to contribute, then say nothing.

This subject is a distraction from the topic.


You should be humble and grateful to muso for protecting your public honour in your terrible time of need.

muso put in a lot of time and energy - the very least you can do is provide an explanation as to why the glacial rate of sublimation isn't in equilibrium with the rate of deposition

OR PERHAPS IT IS IN EQUILIBRIUM!
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #258 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 9:29am
 
Well this paper makes it difficult to come up with this paper

Study: Greenland Ice Sheet was smaller 3000-5000 years ago than today


http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/22/study-greenland-ice-sheet-was-smaller-3000...
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #259 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:06pm
 
progressiveslol wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 9:29am:
...wattsupwiththat.com...[/url]
The amateur who relies on denialist blogs is bound to be deceived.
Quote:
Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21608
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #260 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:15pm
 
Try -

"Amino acid ratios in reworked marine bivalve shells constrain Greenland Ice Sheet history during the Holocene

    Jason P. Briner1,
    Darrell S. Kaufman2,
    Ole Bennike3 and
    Matthew A. Kosnik4"

'Furthermore, the frequency of Asp-inferred bivalve ages from the three widely separated locations is nearly identical, with most ages between 5 and 3 ka, coinciding with optimum oceanic conditions. '

extract: .geology.gsapubs.org/content/early/2013/11/21/G34843.1.abstract

with htt? at the front end. It is part of the abstract; the rest is behind a paywall. From the University of Buffalo.

It is interesting that the Koch Bros keep getting a mention. They also fund several universities, including Mann's current tenure. Not saying he is funded by them, just pointing to their wide interests. Smiley
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #261 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:16pm
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 8:39pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:17pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:06pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 9:46am:
...
I am here to learn from the best.
...
No Chimp, right now, you're here to troll.

Consider this a warning.


First you refuse to respond to questions, then you vanish, then all of a sudden you are issuing threats of banishments

who are you really?

If you have something to say, then say it. If you have nothing to contribute, then say nothing.

This subject is a distraction from the topic.

... the very least you can do is provide an explanation as to why the glacial rate of sublimation ...
No, it isn't. You see, I don't claim to be a scientist. Any such attempt on my part would be dishonest.

You acknowledge, however, that glacial ice sublimes at atmospheric pressure. That, at least, is progress.

I merely pointed out what happens. You didn't deny it (and now acknowledge it), but affected to be nonplussed at not understanding it. To me, it's about as puzzling as laundry drying on a clothes line.

I you're really puzzled by the phenomenon, then you put yourself in the same league as lee; an amateur, failing to understand what they're not qualified to understand.

From my observation, you're not really puzzled at all. You're just saying what will get you attention. In other words, you're trolling.

It seems that muso judges otherwise. I'll bow to his superior experience.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #262 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:30pm
 
lee wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:15pm:
Try -

"Amino acid ratios in reworked marine bivalve shells constrain Greenland Ice Sheet history during the Holocene
...
Yes lee, and which of us is qualified to interpret?

That paper is generating a lot of hyperventilation in the denyosphere. I've no doubt you found it through some denier blog, which primed you with an interpretation that reinforces your beliefs.

For the record, the abstract is at http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/early/2013/11/21/G34843.1.abstract. I'll wait for credible commentary.

Actually, I'll stick with the majority of the best qualified and avoid distraction by isolated studies. The forest, not the trees. Not that I have anything against trees.  Smiley
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #263 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:34pm
 
# wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 3:16pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 8:39pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:17pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:06pm:
# wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 9:46am:
...
I am here to learn from the best.
...
No Chimp, right now, you're here to troll.

Consider this a warning.


First you refuse to respond to questions, then you vanish, then all of a sudden you are issuing threats of banishments

who are you really?

If you have something to say, then say it. If you have nothing to contribute, then say nothing.

This subject is a distraction from the topic.

... the very least you can do is provide an explanation as to why the glacial rate of sublimation ...
No, it isn't. You see, I don't claim to be a scientist. Any such attempt on my part would be dishonest.

You acknowledge, however, that glacial ice sublimes at atmospheric pressure. That, at least, is progress.

I merely pointed out what happens. You didn't deny it (and now acknowledge it), but affected to be nonplussed at not understanding it. To me, it's about as puzzling as laundry drying on a clothes line.

I you're really puzzled by the phenomenon, then you put yourself in the same league as lee; an amateur, failing to understand what they're not qualified to understand.

From my observation, you're not really puzzled at all. You're just saying what will get you attention. In other words, you're trolling.

It seems that muso judges otherwise. I'll bow to his superior experience.


what is trolling?
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21608
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #264 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:34pm
 
I await some other commentary. I don't say it is the truth; merely more research. I just love an open mind.

Of course we all know the science is settled; Man knows everything already.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #265 - Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:49pm
 
lee wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:34pm:
I await some other commentary. I don't say it is the truth; merely more research. I just love an open mind.

Of course we all know the science is settled; Man knows everything already.


science is never settled, always in a state of flux.

some scientific facts become robustly settled and have very high integrity inertia

Such as CO2 being classified as a greenhouse gas, or humans being responsible for an increase in CO2 concentration in the earths atmosphere.

Scientific Theories are sometimes interchangeable with scientific facts

An example of this is AGW - a very simple scientific fact that confirms that human activities are warming the planet.

Unsettled Science is fun
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
#
Gold Member
*****
Offline


A fool is certain: an
ignorant fool, absolutely
so

Posts: 2603
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #266 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 10:30am
 
lee wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:34pm:
I await some other commentary. I don't say it is the truth; merely more research. I just love an open mind.

Of course we all know the science is settled; Man knows everything already.


Quote:
Science knows it doesn't know everything; otherwise, it'd stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.
Dara Ó Briain

As far as open minds, acknowledging my own ignorance, I take the broad view:-
Best qualified supporting consensus: ~97%;
Bodies of reputable scientists supporting consensus: 100% and
Level of confidence in consensus: 95-100%.

I haven't bothered with links; I don't have the time and anyone who's genuinely interested should have no difficulty finding sources. "Consensus" is, of course, shorthand for the views of the overwhelming majority.

As I've said before, your beliefs rely on either a conspiracy of improbable proportions or a similarly improbable level of ineptitude.
Back to top
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2013 at 10:38am by # »  
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21608
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #267 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:39pm
 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

― Richard P. Feynman

For the views on consensus of Michael Crichton-

goodreads.com/quotes/tag/scientific-method
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #268 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 4:04pm
 
lee wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:34pm:
I await some other commentary. I don't say it is the truth; merely more research. I just love an open mind.


You'll be awaiting a long time.  My dog sometimes picks up rotten things and takes them to the door awaiting praise.

You'll find plenty of rotten things on Watts' site, but I'm not encouraging you in any way to fetch them and drop them here. There comes a point where the weight of lies makes you come to the conclusion that hey! It's not a reputable site.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Arctic summer temperatures warmest for 120,000 yrs
Reply #269 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 11:19pm
 
I am totally with Muso and #.

I am no scientist, never claim to be and don't bother too much with all this propaganda.
I don't see the point , frankly.

All I need to do is look  and listen... 

..open my senses , look at the real time events,  ..
and understand ..

we are all in deep doodoo.  Sad
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Send Topic Print