Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Land for Wildlife - LfW (Read 459 times)
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Land for Wildlife - LfW
Aug 11th, 2013 at 10:33pm
 
I SAW a KOALA.!! 

on my place.. !!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley  So GOOD..........

Last Saturday ..heard the dog barking... diff. note in bark... and the neighbours dogs going off.. so I went to see...

a large Koala.. likely male..was just setting to go up a smallish Red Ash (Soap tree).. when I saw him.. he was about head height up the trunk... and turned to look as I removed my dog.. 

IT WAS AT NO RISK from either my, or my neighbours 3 large dogs,  as it was in a corridor I have fenced dogs off from..... I rushed inside to get the camera, but it needed charging...   Sad..so by the time I went back to see, he was gone.
Altho I have heard Koalas in the past... it hasn't been for some time... and now to actually see one..  within 10 metres of me was ..well... soul-expanding.. !! Smiley Smiley 

I have been a registered Land for Wild Life property owner since 2000.

It is an excellent program, run through local councils,  ..and seeks landowners who want to enhance or protect the conservation values such as diversity and real habitat for local native fauna and flora ,  on land they control.

I would recommend it to anyone who has some land, which has potential for rehab,  or is already heading for 'normal'..  to see if they have the program available in their area.
I cannot recommend it enough, as a means by which individuals can have a real and valuable input into the health of the environment in their local area.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley



Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print