yes!! I've sent to the environment group,, and there is a workshop coming up mid-Jan for people like myself.
The creek that runs in and then out again, on my lower boundary, is a tributary to the Logan river, which has just failed in eco health, mainly due to turbidity. The small bend on my property is as good as possible... the water is clear, the banks are covered with maidenhair, lomandra, rushes etc. Sadly, my neighbours aren't as conscious of the results of their actions, and some significant tree-felling, close to the creek, has resulted in opening up the canopy that used to shade all of the creek..
still it is beautiful, and the trees and lower canopy, mid-level and smaller brush and ground-covers are holding their own.
It is a mapped and registered habitat ,, considered rare and at risk, and I will do all I can to maintain this land for our native species, as long as I am able.
What do I do for that land? I do my very best to see that invasive weeds and feral animals are not given succour.

I WEED ... basically. I use no chemicals... just sweat and work..and fire... but as I get older, I am finding this more difficult.. so I may have to resort to glysophate or something soon.
I am very happy to be able to say that I see things here, nearly everyday, that are entrancing and soul-affirming.
I have creatures here I can't find in reference books... and I am going to get a survey done in 2013 , of the diversity here. One can arrange to have motion-sensor cameras set up to capture the fauna passing.
Then there are the creatures of the trees and skies/ micro-bats, gliders, owls.... oooh I am looking forward to it.
See. much of my property, is fenced off from my activities, and my dogs...
NO CATS, so I have a place that is full of diversity.
Something WORTH living for.... unlike money, jobs, possessions