perceptions_now
Gold Member
   
Offline

Australian Politics
Posts: 11694
Perth WA
Gender:
|
The day the world went mad.
I don't want to disillusion anyone, but the world has already been mad for quite some time!
Btw, back in the 2nd half of 2006, when I was reviewing what to do with our DIY Super fund, I listed what I perceived as six windows on the Future, which were likely to have the most significant impact on Future events, over the next 10-20 years.
Number 6 on that list was - ================================ 6) CLIMATE CHANGE
Event Initiator - Most likely Carbon overload of atmosphere from vehicles, power plants and the like.
Event Start Date - Already started.
Event Outcome/s - Increase in severe weather events, such as Hurricanes, Floods, Droughts. - Increase in sea levels worldwide, causing mass evacuations of coastal populations and deaths. - Shutdown of ocean currents circulation between polar caps and equator, due increase in fresh water, arising from melting of large sections of polar ice shelfs. Possible result is a new ice age. - Unless action is Worldwide and immediate (which does not seem likely), then the most probable outcomes appear bleak. - If concerted action not taken immediately, this could be an end game scenario, the results could include a Billion plus dead, an economic depression, much worse than the Great Depression and major wars.
Event Duration - How long is a piece of string?
Event Probabilities - Start 100%. - Worse case scenario, 65-35.
================================= In late in 2006, I acted on my findings, sold all of our shares & went to Cash, which is where we still are & where we will remain.
Climate Change IS REAL! It IS AFFECTING OUR LIVES DAILY! And, THOSE EFFECTS WILL CONTINUE & INCREASE!
|