Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Driest, coldest winter in two years! (Read 4081 times)
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:00pm
 
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..

Where I am, we have had more sub zero temps than any time I can remember. Cut down more trees for heat than ever. Got a minus 10 temp that I have never seen before. Pretty sure the most cold days I can remember.

It was nice, but I am tired of chopping down trees and chopping them into small blocks.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
rabbitoh07
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2783
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:06pm
 
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..

Where I am, we have had more sub zero temps than any time I can remember. Cut down more trees for heat than ever. Got a minus 10 temp that I have never seen before.

It was nice, but I am tired of chopping down trees and chopping them into small blocks.

Keep up.  I think you will find that your denier friends have moved on from the "it's not warming" thing and onto "ok, it IS warming, but CO2 isn't doing it", or "ok, it IS warming, and CO2 IS doing it, but there is nothing we can do about it". 

Didn't you get the memo?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Shane B
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1473
Canberra
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:07pm
 
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..


I know cods, I got a $600 gas bill last week, courtesy of ACTs winter!!!

This was my first winter back here after being in Darwin for 2 years.
Back to top
 

Julia Gillard - twice selected, never elected.

We're still paying for the Whitlam Government.
 
IP Logged
 
Shane B
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1473
Canberra
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:09pm
 
rabbitoh07 wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:06pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..

Where I am, we have had more sub zero temps than any time I can remember. Cut down more trees for heat than ever. Got a minus 10 temp that I have never seen before.

It was nice, but I am tired of chopping down trees and chopping them into small blocks.

Keep up.  I think you will find that your denier friends have moved on from the "it's not warming" thing and onto "ok, it IS warming, but CO2 isn't doing it", or "ok, it IS warming, and CO2 IS doing it, but there is nothing we can do about it". 

Didn't you get the memo?


Yeah, like global warming is now climate change, or, climate disruption.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Back to top
 

Julia Gillard - twice selected, never elected.

We're still paying for the Whitlam Government.
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:09pm
 
rabbitoh07 wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:06pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..

Where I am, we have had more sub zero temps than any time I can remember. Cut down more trees for heat than ever. Got a minus 10 temp that I have never seen before.

It was nice, but I am tired of chopping down trees and chopping them into small blocks.

Keep up.  I think you will find that your denier friends have moved on from the "it's not warming" thing and onto "ok, it IS warming, but CO2 isn't doing it", or "ok, it IS warming, and CO2 IS doing it, but there is nothing we can do about it". 

Didn't you get the memo?

You obviously cant read.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
rabbitoh07
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2783
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:32pm
 
Shane B wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:09pm:
rabbitoh07 wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:06pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 5:55pm:
A.C.T coldest mornings in 15 years..

mind you I dont blame GW I blame mother nature shes a b**ch.

the people I feels sorry for live in Louisiana facing Hurricane Issac... good luck all you folks..

Where I am, we have had more sub zero temps than any time I can remember. Cut down more trees for heat than ever. Got a minus 10 temp that I have never seen before.

It was nice, but I am tired of chopping down trees and chopping them into small blocks.

Keep up.  I think you will find that your denier friends have moved on from the "it's not warming" thing and onto "ok, it IS warming, but CO2 isn't doing it", or "ok, it IS warming, and CO2 IS doing it, but there is nothing we can do about it". 

Didn't you get the memo?


Yeah, like global warming is now climate change, or, climate disruption.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha!  Yeah - forgot that one!  Another denier classic!

Ignore the fact that the term "climate change" has been used for decades (like in naming the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change" in 1988) and the term "global warming" is still in current use today.

It is amazing how retarded these denier memes are , isn't it!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Gist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Posts: 5476
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:38pm
 
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
The boy who cried Warming


Every Global Warming prediction, has proven to be science fiction. Uncover the truth as we expose the shepherds of Climate Change in this new controversial
documentary. Introducing first time filmmakers Pete Garcia II (director), Jesse Jones (writer), Deyvis Martinez (dp), Will Rich (sound) in their debut feature length
film. Independently funded, this indie documentary in not associated with any corporate sponsorship or funding whatsoever. No hidden agendas, just the COLD
truth. Support our grassroots campaign through word of mouth.Help spread the word!

http://www.theboywhocriedwarming.com/


Maybe you should leave the science to intelligent people lolly? You know, people who have actually read something beyond a blog.

Just a thought.
Back to top
 

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #22 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:40pm
 
It's AGW if it's not 24 degrees with a light breeze and a lovely shower every third day.

Everybody know that.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #23 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:50pm
 
Gist wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:38pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
The boy who cried Warming


Every Global Warming prediction, has proven to be science fiction. Uncover the truth as we expose the shepherds of Climate Change in this new controversial
documentary. Introducing first time filmmakers Pete Garcia II (director), Jesse Jones (writer), Deyvis Martinez (dp), Will Rich (sound) in their debut feature length
film. Independently funded, this indie documentary in not associated with any corporate sponsorship or funding whatsoever. No hidden agendas, just the COLD
truth. Support our grassroots campaign through word of mouth.Help spread the word!

http://www.theboywhocriedwarming.com/


Maybe you should leave the science to intelligent people lolly? You know, people who have actually read something beyond a blog.

Just a thought.

Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
buzzanddidj
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 14248
Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #24 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:05pm
 
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:02pm:
So much for global warming...








State of the Climate
National Overview

July 2012

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
National Climatic Data Center



Summary Information



July 2012 global temperatures were fourth highest on record

Arctic sea ice extent was second lowest July extent on record


The globally-averaged temperature for July 2012 marked the fourth warmest July since record keeping began in 1880. July 2012 also marks the 36th consecutive July and 329th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average.

Most areas of the world experienced much higher-than-average monthly temperatures, including most of the United States and Canada
.


Meanwhile, Australia, northern and western Europe, eastern Russia, Alaska, and southern South America were notably cooler than average.

In the Arctic, sea ice extent averaged 3.1 million square miles, resulting in the second lowest July sea ice extent on record.



http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/




Back to top
 

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'


- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:08pm
 
What's this fetish for stats?

What's the psychology behind this surge in ordinary people, all of a sudden, becoming completely taken in by statistics?  I detect a psychological deformity, or a need at least.

What's it all about, this anal retentive stats fetish?

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
MOTR
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6646
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #26 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:16am
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:05pm:
Dont you read past the 4th paragraph.

Sydney once again enjoyed above average temperatures through winter with maximums at 18.4C, more than one degree warmer than normal'' Mr Saunders said.

"Our minimum temperatures at 9.3C were 0.6C above average but were still the coldest in six years.

"Sydney's overall average for the season was therefore 13.9C, the 34th consecutive winter with above average temperatures.''

Newcastle, Wollongong and Parramatta had similar conditions to Sydney with the coldest winter in two years.

The mild winter continues the warming trend observed over most of Australia during the past few decades, but for built up regions like Sydney it is also the result of the urban heat island effect.,'' he said.


I see armchair is too ashamed to respond to this post.
Back to top
 

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #27 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 9:24pm
 
What is the 'normal' benchmark? How was it decided?

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Enquiring mind
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 104475
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #28 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:58pm
 
Soren wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:40pm:
It's AGW if it's not 24 degrees with a light breeze and a lovely shower every third day.

Everybody know that.



Best to stick to posts like this, old chap. Leave the science to those who know about, you know, the Book of Genesis.

Common sense, innit. We can't all be theologians.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Enquiring mind
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 104475
Re: Driest, coldest winter in two years!
Reply #29 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:04pm
 
Soren wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:08pm:
What's this fetish for stats?

What's the psychology behind this surge in ordinary people, all of a sudden, becoming completely taken in by statistics?  I detect a psychological deformity, or a need at least.

What's it all about, this anal retentive stats fetish?



Good point. You'll have to raise this in the next drunken boong IQ thread. We haven't had one of them for a while.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print