Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New paper on Antarctica disproves MWP being global (Read 1065 times)
Upton Sinclair
Senior Member
****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 496
New paper on Antarctica disproves MWP being global
Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:36pm
 
Hat-tip to progressiveslol, lol Grin

A paper published today in Climate of the Past shows no increase in temperature of the Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica over the 536 year period from 1470-2006. The paper, based upon a temperature proxy from stable isotopes of deuterium [δD] in ice cores, finds that the Little Ice Age prior to 1850 was about 1.6C cooler than the last 150 years. Smoothed proxy temperatures at the beginning of the ice core record in 1470 indicate slightly higher temperatures than at the end of the record in 2006. Climate deniers claim the MWP was a "globally significant event", however, this data shows Antarctica, has not warmed over the past 500+ years, thus disproving once and for all the denier canard that the MWP was a global climate event that caused warmer conditions than are currently being observed.

...

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/new-paper-shows-antarctic-temperatures.html
Back to top
 

"I am not asking the Australian people to take me on trust, but on the record of a lifetime,"
--Tony Abbott
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: New paper on Antarctica disproves MWP being global
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 8:14pm
 
You obviously dont know when the MWP was lol. Ooops, how embarrasing for you.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Upton Sinclair
Senior Member
****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 496
Re: New paper on Antarctica disproves MWP being global
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:48pm
 
No, I misread the title of your OP as 4,500 years not for 500 years. I was drunk. What's your excuse for being a dick?
Back to top
 

"I am not asking the Australian people to take me on trust, but on the record of a lifetime,"
--Tony Abbott
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: New paper on Antarctica disproves MWP being global
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:58pm
 
Upton Sinclair wrote on Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:48pm:
No, I misread the title of your OP as 4,500 years not for 500 years. I was drunk. What's your excuse for being a dick?

I dont have any choice but to report you. Skippy has seen the light and told us we must report abuse. Therefore, I am reporting you.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print