Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nick Minchin gets a lesson (Read 811 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Jul 20th, 2012 at 1:14pm
 
This video shows Naomi Oresekes talking to Liberal Senator, Nick Minchin, a climate change skeptic, explaining the error of his analysis of the subject.




This second video is her discussing her book, "Merchants Of Doubt", which explored the history of the denialism method of challenging scientific knowledge, so as to prevent any action being taken based on the agreed science.



I like her plain speaking, at about the 6:38 point in the video, she says, " I think it's quite threatening for ordinary citizens to realise that we've been duped, that we've been misled, and that what we think are HONEST debates, are actually NOT HONEST debates, that THIS (Denialism) is a Public Relations Campaign, whose intention is to deceive us, and that is a very hard thing to accept, nobody likes to admit, that they've been duped, but I think in the book, we show pretty clearly that we've all been victims of this DISINFORMATION CAMPAIGN".

I guess the desire to believe anything which does not comfortably fit your world view is hard for everyone, but surely there has to come a point where only the lunatic fringe will maintain their allegiance to Climate Change Denialism.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 1:45pm
 
I guess the desire to believe anything which does not comfortably fit your world view is hard for everyone, but surely there has to come a point where only the lunatic fringe will maintain their allegiance to Climate Change Denialism.

The "loon" and Denialism terms used together again.

If you take ozpolitics board as representable, we have already reached that point, where only the loony fringe are remaining in denial.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
bobbythefap1
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 7026
Listen now to the rain
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm
 
That second video is great how she talks about the strategies.
I would love for climate skeptics to make a comment on that.
Back to top
 

A day without sunshine is like night.
 
IP Logged
 
perceptions_now
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 11694
Perth  WA
Gender: male
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 2:34pm
 
I wonder how Minchin was dumb enough, to talk with her?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Doctor Jolly
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 3808
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:03pm
 
perceptions_now wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 2:34pm:
I wonder how Minchin was dumb enough, to talk with her?



You certainly would see Abbott caught in that sort of trap.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
perceptions_now
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 11694
Perth  WA
Gender: male
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:11pm
 
Doctor Jolly wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:03pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 2:34pm:
I wonder how Minchin was dumb enough, to talk with her?


You certainly would see Abbott caught in that sort of trap.


I would have thought Minchin was a little smarter than Abbottabad?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Nick Minchin gets a lesson
Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 4:19pm
 
THE DENIALISTS LOVE THEIR CHILDREN!!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print