Send Topic Print
13 moon calender? (Read 5183 times)
It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
13 moon calender?
Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:27pm

Boy. I never thought I would ever post anything like this and allow It_is_the_Light have his wicked way with me...

BUTT

Does anyone know anything about the 13 Moon Calender?

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Re: 13 moon calender?
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:51pm

Is it moon cycles/phases or something?
What do you need to know it for?

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:05pm

I did a bit of Googling and found that the 13 Moon or 28-day calendar is "a new standard of time for all people everywhere who desire a genuinely new world", "is harmonic and in tune with natural cycles", "synchronizes solar and galactic cycles on July 26 correlating with the star Sirius", "gives us a new lens in which to perceive events" and is "an evolutionary tool to assist humanity in the unprecedented act of uniting itself on one issue central to its complete well-being".

There's your explanation.  Now we need someone to explain the explanation to us.

mind you, a 28 day calendar would make it easier to keep track of certain things......

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:22pm

http://tomaash.net/13moons/

http://www.crystalinks.com/ophiuchus.html

Ophiuchus (known as the serpent holder) is one of the 88 constellations, and was also one of the 48 listed by Ptolemy. Of the 13 zodiac constellations (constellations that can contain the Sun during the course of a year), Ophiuchus is the only one which is not counted as an astrological sign. Ophiuchus is depicted as a man supporting a snake, Serpens; the interposition of his body divides the snake into two parts, Serpens Caput and Serpens Cauda, which are nonetheless counted as one constellation.

Mythology

There are several mythological possibilities for whom the figure represents. The most recent interpretation is that the figure represents the legendary physician Asclepius, who learned the secrets of life and death from one serpent bringing another some herbs which healed it (Asclepius had previously tried to kill it). In order to avoid the human race becoming immortal under Asclepius's care, Zeus eventually killed him with a bolt of lightning, but placed him in the heavens to honour his good works. The involvement in the myth of Chiron may be connected to the nearby presence of the constellation Sagittarius, which was in later times occasionally considered to represent Chiron (who was more usually identified as the constellation Centaurus). Another possibility is that the figure represents the demise during the Trojan War of the Trojan priest Laocošn, who was strangled by a snake or a sea serpent after warning the Trojans against accepting the Trojan Horse. A suggestive statue in the Vatican Museums depicts the tragedy. A third possibility is Apollo wrestling with the Python to take control of the oracle at Delphi.

History

Johannes Kepler's drawing depicting the location of the stella nova in the foot of Ophiuchus. This constellation, known from antiquity, is one of the 48 constellations described by Ptolemy. It has also been known as Serpentarius, a Latin form of its name. The most important historical event in Ophiuchus was the Supernova 1604, also named Kepler's Supernova, whose explosion was first observerd on October 9, 1604, near Ophiuchi. Johannes Kepler saw it first on October 16, but studied it so extensively that the supernova was subsequently named after him. He published his findings in a book entitled De stella nova in pede Serpentarii (On the New Star in Ophiuchus' Foot). Galileo used its brief appearance to counter the Aristotelian dogma that the heavens are changeless. It occurred only 32 years after another supernova in Cassiopeia that had been observed by Tycho Brahe; the last supernova before then had occurred in 1054, and after Kepler's no further supernovae were observed until 1987.

Astrology

In the 2nd century, Ptolemy listed 29 stars in Ophiuchus. He recognized that most of those stars were north of the ecliptic (the path of the Sun through the sky) - however, 4 of them (today known as 36 Oph, 42 Oph, 44 Oph and 51 Oph) he recognised as being south of the ecliptic. Therefore, the Sun passed through the constellation of Ophiuchus as it was recognised by Ptolemy. Many astrologers (incorrectly) state that the phenomenon of the Sun passing through Ophiuchus dates from a decision by the International Astronomical Union to adopt constellation boundaries in 1930 - in fact, the phenomenon predates that decision by over 1,700 years. The reason why Ophiuchus is not a part of the western astrological zodiac is because that zodiac is defined on the basis of the sun spending an equal amount of time in twelve astrological signs starting at the vernal equinox - this is called the tropical zodiac. There is also, for instance, a sidereal zodiac, which is based on the actual location of the stars in the sky, and which is used by Hindu and some Western astrologers. At present, the sun is in Ophiuchus from November 30 to December 17.

Ophiuchus Wikipedia

Medicine Man is an English term used to describe Native American religious figures; such individuals are analogous to shamans. The term "medicine man" has been criticized by Native Americans, and various scholars.

The primary function of these "medicine men" (who are not always male) is to secure the help of the spirit world, including the Great Spirit (Wakan Tanka in the language of the Lakota Sioux), for the benefit of the community.

Sometimes the help sought can be for the sake of healing disease, sometimes it can be for the sake of healing the psyche, sometimes the goal is to promote harmony between human groups or between humans and nature. So the term "medicine man" is not entirely inappropriate, but it greatly oversimplifies and also skews the depiction of the people whose role in society complements that of the chief. These people are not the Native American equivalent of the Chinese "barefoot doctors", herbalists, or of the emergency medical technicians who ride our rescue vehicles.

To be recognized as the one who performs this function of bridging between the natural world and the spiritual world for the benefit of the community, an individual must be validated in his role by that community.

The medicine man was a very important figure in Native American society. When European missionaries came over to try to convert the Natives into Christianity, the medicine man stood as a major obstacle to the missionaries in trying to convert them.

One of the best sources of information on this subject is the story of a Lakota (Sioux) wicasa wakan ("medicine man") recorded in a book produced with his cooperation called Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions, by John Fire Lame Deer.

On a broader scale, Mircea Eliade's Shamanism puts the whole area of religious experience and practice into a broad historical and ethnographic context.

The term medicine man was also frequently used by Europeans to refer to African shamans, also known as "witch doctors" or "fetish men".

http://www.wholeo.net/Trips/Imagine/acts/meditation/year2012/13-moonCalendar.htm

this is correct

the old gregorian calander is out of date

welcome from the illusion

namaste
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:27pm by it_is_the_light »  

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:32pm

Well.  Isn't everyone glad that's all been cleared up now?

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:34pm

theres more,

New Zodiac Sign Dates: Ophiuchus The 13th Sign?
The Huffington Post   Dean Praetorius   First Posted: 01/13/11 01:01 PM ET         Updated: 11/29/11 06:18 PM ET
SHARE THIS STORY
Follow
New Zodiac Signs , Zodiac Signs , 13th Zodiac Sign , New Zodiac , New Zodiac Sign , New Zodiac Sign Dates , New Zodiac Sign Dates Ophiuchus , New Zodiac Signs 2011 , Ophiuchus , Slidepollajax , Zodiac Change , Zodiac Sign Dates , Zodiac Signs Changed , Healthy Living News
Your zodiac sign may not actually be your zodiac sign anymore. (UPDATE: Scroll down for Twitter reactions -- and to submit your own!)

Astronomer Parke Kunkle says that due to changes in the Earth's alignment the dates of many zodiac signs have changed, according to NBC. In addition, there may be a 13th Zodiac sign: Ophiuchus.

Kunkle says that as the Earth and Sun slowly move the signs gradually change, as expected.

The change didn't happen overnight either. The 12 signs were designated to different periods of the year almost 3,000 years ago, when astrology began, and since then the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed.

While the sign many people were born under may now be different, it shouldn't affect horoscope readings, according to NBC.

UPDATE: The Associated Press reported Friday evening that Kunkle has since clarified his earlier statements, emphasizing "this is not new news," and "Astronomers have known about this since about 130 B.C."

ABC News reports popular astrologer Susan Miller called the claim of new Zodiac signs "ridiculous," adding "We've known about this for ages."

The confusion seems to be a result of Eastern vs. Western astrology. Most of us are familiar with tropical zodiac (Western), based on the seasons, which has not changed, though sidereal zodiac (Eastern), based on constellations, has different signs including a 13th. Is there a correct system? That's up for debate.

See if your Zodiac sign has changed below based on the new claim. (And find out if your friends' signs have changed here or under the dates below.)

The New Dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/new-zodiac-sign-dates-oph_n_808567.html...

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:49pm

Frances wrote on Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:05pm:
mind you, a 28 day calendar would make it easier to keep track of certain things......

???  What sort of things are you talkin... OH! ... I see.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:40am

Well I must say, that 13 Moon Calender does seem 'common sense' in a way.
Sort of more like 'Metric' with the other calender being like the defunct Imperial system (hence why the USA suffers Economic crises).
I like how it evens out and more so, though I do think it would be better if a more Universal version was made, rather than a 'cultured' version from some minority or folded people that isolates everyone else.

I find this rather exciting to be honest. It kind puts everything into a better perspective for me now. Why hasn't this Calender been made International Standard yet?

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:45am

Oh my? Shocked
Now I'm an 'airy' Gemini and not a 'watery' Cancerian.
So what the hell am I doing as a scuba diver?> Huh

...but I was also born a month late (like a well matured fine wine Wink) so that would make me an 'earthy' Taurus ! Tongue

Maybe my watery self is because I live here in Oceania Wink

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 6:29pm

_________

poetry in motion

caught in an instant yes

all are participating,

very important if you have the care

to be aware and expand your knowledge

= wisdom

so be it with many blessings

namaste

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 7:45am

Uploaded by NightFireFilms on Sep 26, 2009
In the late 19th century, Ernst Forstemann works out the many cycles of the Maya calendar. This is one of 8 scenes available on YouTube from the 2-hour documentary film Breaking the Maya Code, a 400-year history of the Maya decipherment that has won 5 Best Documentary awards at international film festivals. For more on the film and the Maya script go to http://www.nightfirefilms.org/breakingthemayacode/ or to buy the film on DVD go to http://www.nightfirefilms.net/store/store.htm
Category:
Education

Uploaded by jsshgp on Apr 28, 2009
DOCUMENTAL

http://www.2012finalfantasy.com
Category:
Education

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:15am

Ophiucus was in Ptolemy's original list of zodiacal constellations. The list that you find in your newspaper doesn't really correspond too well with the position of the sun in any given part of the ecliptic and it never did. Of course it's all irrelevant anyway because Astrology is probably the widest accepted fraud that's perpetrated in the modern world. It's also the biggest religion in the world.

People actually receive money for making nonsensical predictions. It should fall under this section of Australian Consumer Law.

Quote:
False or misleading representations

It is unlawful for a trader to make false or misleading representations about goods or services when supplying, offering to supply or promoting goods or services. It is also unlawful to make or use false or misleading testimonials. This includes claims about the age, quality, sponsorship, approval, price or benefits of the goods or services. For instance, many scams trying to sell ‘miracle cures’ may make false representations about the benefits of their product. This is likely to breach the ACL.

There are some specific prohibitions against false or misleading representations.

Wrongly accepting payments for goods or services

I'd like to see a class action against writers of horoscopes. It would be a good test of the Consumer legislation.  Tongue

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:55am

I'd like the phone number of the girl on the horse.  Grin

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 10:30pm

muso wrote on Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:15am:
Ophiucus was in Ptolemy's original list of zodiacal constellations. The list that you find in your newspaper doesn't really correspond too well with the position of the sun in any given part of the ecliptic and it never did. Of course it's all irrelevant anyway because Astrology is probably the widest accepted fraud that's perpetrated in the modern world. It's also the biggest religion in the world.

People actually receive money for making nonsensical predictions. It should fall under this section of Australian Consumer Law.

Quote:
False or misleading representations

It is unlawful for a trader to make false or misleading representations about goods or services when supplying, offering to supply or promoting goods or services. It is also unlawful to make or use false or misleading testimonials. This includes claims about the age, quality, sponsorship, approval, price or benefits of the goods or services. For instance, many scams trying to sell ‘miracle cures’ may make false representations about the benefits of their product. This is likely to breach the ACL.

There are some specific prohibitions against false or misleading representations.

Wrongly accepting payments for goods or services

I'd like to see a class action against writers of horoscopes. It would be a good test of the Consumer legislation.  Tongue

astrology is entirely relevant

and factual construct within your physical reality..

do any deny this fact?

does this comfort you?

..........so be it

namaste

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:10pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Nov 20th, 2012 at 10:30pm:

astrology is entirely relevant

and factual construct within your physical reality..

do any deny this fact?
- yes

does this comfort you?

..........so be it

namaste

forgiven

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print