Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ipad versus Epad (Read 6697 times)
bludger

Australian Politics

Ipad versus Epad
Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:21pm

The ipad has 12 gig drive 2 gig mem 3g, gravity. touch screen, swipe. wireless. gps. No usb, no sd , no reader.  no network slot cost $500?

My chinese Epad 10" android has 2xusb slots, 2x sd slots 32gig ea.
Network, wi fi, 3g gps , gravity, Book reader as good as kindle.
2gig hard drive (sd) .256meg mem, I  plug in my two usb 256 GIG  chinese mem sticks ($38 ea.) giving me 512GIG storage. plus the android market. 
Cost? $185. Two years old and going strong. (ebay)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Ipad versus Epad
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:10am

Yeah but it isnt an "i"

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:25am

bludger wrote on Jun 11th, 2012 at 9:21pm:
The ipad has 12 gig drive 2 gig mem 3g, gravity. touch screen, swipe. wireless. gps. No usb, no sd , no reader.  no network slot cost $500?

My chinese Epad 10" android has 2xusb slots, 2x sd slots 32gig ea.
Network, wi fi, 3g gps , gravity, Book reader as good as kindle.
2gig hard drive (sd) .256meg mem, I  plug in my two usb 256 GIG  chinese mem sticks ($38 ea.) giving me 512GIG storage. plus the android market. 
Cost? $185. Two years old and going strong. (ebay)

Yeah, I bought one of those too.
Crap screen, terrible touch responsiveness, waste of money.
Apple, overpriced, but always, excellent quality.
Worst tech buy I have ever made, buying sight unseen, and untried off Ebay, was a one time deal for me.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:26am

Screw pads, what a useless piece of junk.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Gretsch

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 2:43am

Wtf is an epad

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:30am

Its the android version of an ipad

As PP says they are useless HOWEVER if I was to purchase of of these things I would get the android rather than the "i" simply because it has input options (USB reader etc). Also "apps" are cheaper or even free.

My sister has an ipad. She got addicted to "i" stuff (mainly because everything has to be "i" for connectivity. She has the iphone and the ipad and the ipad2 and the docking station and the imac and a bunch of lil accessories. Prolly costs her a fortune.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

jay82

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm

By epads, are you referring to the tablets? and the android phones like HTC? isn't epad better that way that it has all features of an ipad or an entire laptop and also lets you make calls?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:40pm

jay82 wrote on Jun 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm:
By epads, are you referring to the tablets? and the android phones like HTC? isn't epad better that way that it has all features of an ipad or an entire laptop and also lets you make calls?

Epad is a tablet i think. Like in ipad its not a laptop and its not a phone. Its in between. You can get apps for your cat.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:53pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 13th, 2012 at 6:30am:
Its the android version of an ipad

http://chinagrabber.com/images/products/detail/chinagrabber_android_epad_tablet_...

As PP says they are useless HOWEVER if I was to purchase of of these things I would get the android rather than the "i" simply because it has input options (USB reader etc). Also "apps" are cheaper or even free.

My sister has an ipad. She got addicted to "i" stuff (mainly because everything has to be "i" for connectivity. She has the iphone and the ipad and the ipad2 and the docking station and the imac and a bunch of lil accessories. Prolly costs her a fortune.

SOB

Well,  I have some bad experience with an Android tablet, which I got my wife for Christmas. They are probably not all that bad, but I really struggled to get it to do everything it was supposed to do, and I'm used to different operating systems.  The menus  on Android reminded me of a mobile phone, and it was just awkward to use. Having said that, it was perhaps a bad example.

The I-Pad that I subsequently got her (I returned the Android Tablet) was easy  (very intuitive) to use. As far as connectivity is concerned, iit was lousy in my opinion. She uses Dropbox (a web application) to share files with other computers. As far as I'm concerned, that is insane. Why can't you just have a usb port and share, just like you can in Windoze and Linux?  It perplexes me that Mac users seem to be quite unconcerned with this particular little limitation.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:45am

I know - geez. Why cant they get connectivity right? Prolly because they want you only to use apple products. All their stuff in my experience has worked better than the alternatives but has been way more useless. Especially because of connectivity issues but also compatibility issues.

Yeah I dont like this android phone much because it updated itself to something useless. I can however use it as a camera and just plug it into the computer instead of fiddling around with that stupid itunes. After I lost all my stuff (apps and data) twice i stopped storing anything but pictures. I use the phone for incoming calls and taking pictures. all the other features will just annoy you when you lose your data.

However - the iphone is apparently just as bad with this. So says my family who all have apple crap.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

jay82

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:20pm

does it have a sim option? can you make calls with it? networking must surely be there though right? whic is a good company's epad. maybe you could show us examples of some and tell about there various features:)

IP Logged

bludger

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 5:27pm

There are a lot of brands of the epad on the market and  the best of them is the Wowpad. Have a look on Ebay there are heaps of them. The apps are basically for the android phone but work on the epad. Check androidtablet forum.

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:02pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:45am:
I know - geez. Why cant they get connectivity right? Prolly because they want you only to use apple products. All their stuff in my experience has worked better than the alternatives but has been way more useless. Especially because of connectivity issues but also compatibility issues.

Yeah I dont like this android phone much because it updated itself to something useless. I can however use it as a camera and just plug it into the computer instead of fiddling around with that stupid itunes. After I lost all my stuff (apps and data) twice i stopped storing anything but pictures. I use the phone for incoming calls and taking pictures. all the other features will just annoy you when you lose your data.

However - the iphone is apparently just as bad with this. So says my family who all have apple crap.

SOB

Well SOB i had and ran windows crap for a very long time and despite all the pain and frustration including machines that plain did not work properly and software that was total sh1t i stuck with it. Then one day after yet another PC died i lashed out in frustration and bought an IMAC. best ever investment, is quick, works all the time has no program issues and i have never had a virus, malware issue. After almost 4 years now i still have the same computer and the thing still works like the day i got it. Since then i have become one of those iPeople. IPad, IPhone, IPod, IMac and ILove it. it all sync's properly, i have all my calendars and diaries in auto sync music and apps are easy cheap and always work. ITunes is simple and reliable. Whinge your best but i will never go back to the frustration of Microsoft and crappy PC's

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:16am

nairbe wrote on Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:02pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:45am:

SOB

Well SOB i had and ran windows crap for a very long time and despite all the pain and frustration including machines that plain did not work properly and software that was total sh1t i stuck with it. Then one day after yet another PC died i lashed out in frustration and bought an IMAC. best ever investment, is quick, works all the time has no program issues and i have never had a virus, malware issue. After almost 4 years now i still have the same computer and the thing still works like the day i got it. Since then i have become one of those iPeople. IPad, IPhone, IPod, IMac and ILove it. it all sync's properly, i have all my calendars and diaries in auto sync music and apps are easy cheap and always work. ITunes is simple and reliable. Whinge your best but i will never go back to the frustration of Microsoft and crappy PC's

Heh I was talking about phones and pads. Computers are another kettle of fish obviously. I can crash one though - i ran windows on it. the laptops have up to 10 hour batteries compared to the ibm-compats 2-3hour batteries. The problems come when you have to use parallels or crossover or something to run windows crap on it. Some ppl are lucky and their work only uses macs so theres no problem just use what everyone else uses. Some.

yup they all sync properly with themselves. I said that didnt i? My sister has everything iphones ipads imacs etc. the istuff is better (though more expensive). i draw the line @ itunes though. Dont like that. My HTC i can just plug into a usb port and there it is. No software.

Seriously you havent lost everyone on your iphone yet? you are in for a treat one day.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:49pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:16am:
[quote author=636C647F6F680D0 link=1339413668/12#12 date=1339840978][quote author=547768735868615845687560070 link=1339413668/9#9 date=1339710331]

Seriously you havent lost everyone on your iphone yet? you are in for a treat one day.

SOB

Everything that is on my phone is backed up through iTunes and again in time machine on my iMac. so it simply dont matter, i just go get me the new one and sync it all on.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print