Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Combet admits carbon tax problems (Read 1083 times)
Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Combet admits carbon tax problems
Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:35am

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/13842130/govt-cautions-business-ov...

Climate Change Minister Greg Combet has warned that businesses which hike the cost of their goods under the guise of the carbon tax will be caught.

"I heard about one pie shop for example that was going to put their pies up some extraordinary amount," Mr Combet told ABC television, noting food prices will increase by less than half a cent in the dollar.

"If you are a business person thinking that you are going to use this as an opportunity to put prices up I would be very, very careful, because we will have the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) on you," he said, referring to the consumer watchdog.

The government was in discussions with electricity companies to have them include information breaking down the actual cost increases of the carbon tax with every bill, Mr Combet said.

He also conceded that there could be implementation problems when the carbon price takes effect.

"I'm working hard to make sure that there are not ... but you never know, something might emerge."

Opposition climate spokesman Greg Hunt says the cost impact of the carbon tax will be ten per cent.

"On day one what we'll see is the price of turning on your lights, of opening the fridge, of turning on the television, of using your heating or cooling, go up," he told ABC television.

The coalition would repeal the carbon tax within 12 months if elected to government, he said.

Australia's biggest carbon emitters, fewer than 500 in number, will pay $23 for every tonne of carbon they put into the atmosphere from July.
This will be followed by a market-based emissions trading scheme in 2015, with an aim to cut 160 million tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by 2020.

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Re: Combet admits carbon tax problems
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:37am

Why are we not surprised that Labor policies seems to have implementation problems

Unlimited Bank Guarantees
Pink Batts
BER
Budgets
$1000 give aways
TV top box
NBN
Laptops for schools

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:41am

is he going to have a spy in every pie shop for gods sake..

from what I have read the average person isnt concerned about the price of a pie..

its the price of their utilities that are worrried sick about..

do you think people combet actually have any idea of what is going on under their very nose..

power prices have been going up and up and up. they never stop going up...

I dont give a stuff what they use as an excuse..

my bills never ever come in less than they did last qtr.,.

explain that combet??????

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:45am

cods wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:41am:

from what I have read the average person isnt concerned about the price of a pie..

do you think people combet actually have any idea of what is going on under their very nose..

Not only that - the electricity price impact everyone. Doctors, dentists, basic food products etc. It will be passed on

Now Combet wants the electricity companies to itemise the extra costs they will charge? Well this action of itemising will cost money so that's an added expense they will pass on

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:51am

Maqqa wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:45am:

Not only that - the electricity price impact everyone. Doctors, dentists, basic food products etc. It will be passed on

Now Combet wants the electricity companies to itemise the extra costs they will charge? Well this action of itemising will cost money so that's an added expense they will pass on

thats what I am saying what excuse are they giving for the past 12 months increases???..

I had a leaflet telling me about rate increases its a while back now.. but they said there and then the increase was due to the CARBON TAX.. they were having to prepare for it..

what about water rates.. gas..all every day utilities..even petrol has anyone noticed the jump in that price of late....and I read where world prices had dropped...

who is this guy kidding I really do wonder.

they really do live in ivory towers dont they?? or just plain dim

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:51am

A bit of a stretch even for you isn't it maqqa .... Even Howard said their might be teething problems when the GST was first rolled out ... to be expected with any new policy ..

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:53am

cods wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:51am:

thats what I am saying what excuse are they giving for the past 12 months increases???..

I had a leaflet telling me about rate increases its a while back now.. but they said there and then the increase was due to the CARBON TAX.. they were having to prepare for it..

what about water rates.. gas..all every day utilities..even petrol has anyone noticed the jump in that price of late....and I read where world prices had dropped...

Any cost increase in the past 12 months could not possibly be due to the carbon tax, and if you use the services of anyone who has already increased their rates due to carbon tax then your a fool .... carbon tax hasn't started .. any increases up  to now are more likely greed and profiteering

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:58am

Come off it maqqa. John is right - exactly the same thing happened when Howard introduced the GST. That isn't due to the implementation of a tax, it's due to greedy business owners taking advantage.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:14am

Gist wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:58am:
Come off it maqqa. John is right - exactly the same thing happened when Howard introduced the GST. That isn't due to the implementation of a tax, it's due to greedy business owners taking advantage.

Are you then saying they are all greedy business owners?

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:15am

John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 8:53am:

Any cost increase in the past 12 months could not possibly be due to the carbon tax, and if you use the services of anyone who has already increased their rates due to carbon tax then your a fool .... carbon tax hasn't started .. any increases up  to now are more likely greed and profiteering

It could be if they are spending money to prepare themselves for the carbon tax

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:18am

Maqqa wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:15am:

It could be because they lost to much on the pokies ... or it could be because they have a new mistress to keep ... woulda coulda shoulda doesn't really cut it now does it .

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:20am

John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:18am:
Maqqa wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:15am:

It could be because they lost to much on the pokies ... or it could be because they have a new mistress to keep ... woulda coulda shoulda doesn't really cut it now does it .

Better than using union membership money I guess

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:21am

Maqqa wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:14am:

If your talking about large corporations like electricity providers etc, then yes, you bet they are greedy ... if your talking about pie shop owners, then no, but not all have increased prices citing its because of a carbon tax that doesn't yet exist ... if carbon tax was going to increase the cost of pies wouldn't every pie shop have to account for it? instead of just one ? how can it affect the one but not the others?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #13 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:24am

John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:21am:

If your talking about large corporations like electricity providers etc, then yes, you bet they are greedy ... if your talking about pie shop owners, then no, but not all have increased prices citing its because of a carbon tax that doesn't yet exist ... if carbon tax was going to increase the cost of pies wouldn't every pie shop have to account for it? instead of just one ? how can it affect the one but not the others?

Who owns these corporations? And what are their mandates? And where does these mandates come from? And what happens if they don't meet these mandates?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:37am

Maqqa wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:24am:
John Smith wrote on Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:21am:

Who owns these corporations? And what are their mandates? And where does these mandates come from? And what happens if they don't meet these mandates?

If they don't meet these mandates the CEO's don't get ther multi million dollar bonus's on top of their already multi million dollar salaries ... as for who owns them, I guess that depends now doesn't it

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print