Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dobel By-Election (Craig Thomson) (Read 1253 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Dobel By-Election (Craig Thomson)
May 10th, 2012 at 10:19am

Rhonda Avasalu      CDP      2,005      2.4            +0.5            
John McNamara      LIB      33,287      40.2            -2.0            
Craig Thomson      ALP      38,268      46.3            -0.1            
Gavin Brett      FFP      2,033      2.5            +0.8            
Scott Rickard      GRN      7,121      8.6            +3.2            

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/guide/dobe.htm

Is this the future of the Thomson saga?

Thomson goes, Labor puts up a star candidate and we have a by-election.

IP Logged

Doctor Jolly
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dobel By-Election (Craig Thomson)
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:29am

The real election is only a year away, Labor will hang on to Thompson until then, but he wont seek re-election.

Enter new candidate.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:30am

'Bugger the numbers' says angry Oakeshott on Thomson saga

Pivotal independent MP Rob Oakeshott has warned he will not baulk at action against controversial MP Craig Thomson, even if it costs the Gillard government a crucial vote in Parliament.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/bugger-the-numbers-says-angry-oakes...

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:33am

____ wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 10:30am:

Pivotal independent MP Rob Oakeshott has warned he will not baulk at action against controversial MP Craig Thomson, even if it costs the Gillard government a crucial vote in Parliament.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/bugger-the-numbers-says-angry-oakes...

Well lets see it Oakshott

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:39am

progressiveslol wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 10:33am:

the indies are hanging on for dear life..if he goes so do they.and about time too

if anymore sleazy comes out of this govt..

we will be alongside.. the likes of Mugabe and Idi Amin,..

if we are not there already.

this will have to go down as the most historically corrupt govt we have ever had.

the level they have stooped to,to hold on to power.. is disgusting.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:41am

cods wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 10:39am:

the indies are hanging on for dear life..if he goes so do they.and about time too

this will have to go down as the most historically corrupt govt we have ever had.

They know it are are giving away everything and the bathroom sink to buy votes just before it happens.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:51am

If Thomson quits, the seat will go to Libs in a landslide. therfore, Gillard will also be gone.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2012 at 10:53am

progressiveslol wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 10:41am:
cods wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 10:39am:

They know it are are giving away everything and the bathroom sink to buy votes just before it happens.

I am now waiting for

GUTLESS GILLARD TO COME OUT IN FAVOR OF'

GAY MARRIAGE'

anyone taking bets?

IP Logged

TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2012 at 12:28pm

If Thomson does quit, which looks fairly probable, then the people of Dobell need to think long and hard about what they want: the continuation of a good, stable and progressive Labor/Green alliance, caring for our future generations, and fighting against climate change, or regressing back to Workchoices and not caring about our future generations and climate change. The choice is clear. Vote Labor.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 10th, 2012 at 12:46pm

TheGreenLight wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 12:28pm:
If Thomson does quit, which looks fairly probable, then the people of Dobell need to think long and hard about what they want: the continuation of a good, stable and progressive Labor/Green alliance, caring for our future generations, and fighting against climate change, or regressing back to Workchoices and not caring about our future generations and climate change. The choice is clear. Vote Labor.

Yeh I wouldn't vote greens if I were normally a greens voter either lol
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2012 at 12:48pm

progressiveslol wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 12:46pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Greens have no chance of winning the seat, so it's best to just vote Labor and retain the seat, avoiding a full general election.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #11 - May 10th, 2012 at 2:06pm

TheGreenLight wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 12:48pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Greens have no chance of winning the seat, so it's best to just vote Labor and retain the seat, avoiding a full general election.

Rubbish

Vote Liberal and vote for slashing the tax free threshold from $18K to $6K.
All that extra tax people will be paying
Vote Liberals and vote a dipstick who cant negotiate.
Vote Liberal and you will be paying for all that carbon pollution, rather than the polluters.
Vote for the Liberals and you vote for economic mismanagement. $11 Billion whole in the last election and currently $70,000,000,000 plus.

Vote Labor and you just encourage them more.

Best option, Vote Progressive, Vote Greens and then preference one of the old parties, depending which is the lesser disaster.

IP Logged

TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2012 at 2:31pm

____ wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 2:06pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rubbish

Vote Liberal and you will be paying for all that carbon pollution, rather than the polluters.
Vote for the Liberals and you vote for economic mismanagement. $11 Billion whole in the last election and currently $70,000,000,000 plus.

Best option, Vote Progressive, Vote Greens and then preference one of the old parties, depending which is the lesser disaster. 

That is true, but I just want to make sure that Labor gets the seat. I support the Greens AND Labor.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm

TheGreenLight wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 2:31pm:
____ wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 2:06pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rubbish

That is true, but I just want to make sure that Labor gets the seat. I support the Greens AND Labor.

Labor has no hope in a dobell by-election. it needs a small swing in an environment where the swing could be 20%

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2012 at 8:14pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm:
Labor has no hope in a dobell by-election. it needs a small swing in an environment where the swing could be 20%

You're been busy poking your fingers up your bum again I see. Why bother to stop at 20%? If you're going to make stuff up, why not go the whole hog?

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print