Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What are your opinions on my opinions? (Read 1637 times)
That_Guy

Australian Politics

What are your opinions on my opinions?
Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:20am

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I felt after watching Bob Brown on Q and R tonight that I needed to add my 2 cents somewhere. These are only my opinions, They are not necessarily fact just my opinion, and I just want to know how others feel about these things. I know its not the best structured argument, and that grammar is rather poor, But I just wanted to rage into my keyboard.

How do people not see how they are slaves to Capitalism and the small majority of the vastly rich? Do they not see that we are controlled by the very systems that they believe grant us freedom?

Our whole lives are based on borrowing money, that we have to pay back with interest to these mega rich people. To buy crap which develops  massive profits which go towards these same people. Who control our Political system because most politions are these people, in close with these people, or set up by these people.

They control our media to brainwash us, feed us what they have made us think we want to hear. I mean how in the hell can Australians not want a mining tax. It just goes to show just how successful the brainwashing is. Most of the money generated from our mines goes overseas, and into the pockets of these mega rich people. Australians have been brainwashed to think that it is a bad thing. General Australians think it is a bad thing to tax the rich, and try and keep at least some of this money in Australia. Even though this money would probably be squandered by what ever Government is in power in any case.

We are over 2 trillion dollars in debt to other countries, and ultimately to these mega rich people which control the financial system and banks, international and domestic. We are slaves to these people. We buy crap we don't need to give even more money to these evil people. A lot of these items (ipods, televisions etc.) are also very useful in controlling the population, to dull us and distract us from pursuing meaningful ventures, and ultimately seeing these glaring issues and trying to push change.

Do people not care that this debt can never be paid off? Do people not care that their children will be burdened by this debt even more than we currently are? That it will destroy our future? That essentially the whole economy is based on borrowing more and more money just to keep it all going?

Do they think that all the money they have put into shares and property will ever return to them, to their children? No it will not. These mega rich people make a profit on all of this. It is all just a way to exert control on us and keep the minority in power.

The money lent to us from mortages is lent to us by these mega rich people from overseas. We will be paying off the interest on this for the rest of time or untill people get past their Ipods and crap which keep them brainwashed along with this corporate sickening media and do something about it.

Does it not sicken you that Australain politics has dissolved to seeing seedy marketing type people kissing babys in high visability vests only to say 'Great Big Tax' and 'boats' and whatever the hell their marketing and PR people have concocted this week or month? Do they not understand that Liberal and Labour is the same? What happened to the quality politicians from decades past? real debate?

Do we live in a democracy? We are controlled by these mega rich people because they control our debt. What if all that burrowed money all of a sudden stops? What will consumers do? Will the economy will just stop because it runs on burrowed money.

Thanks for reading.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Re: What are your opinions on my opinions?
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:42am

That_Guy wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:20am:
Our whole lives are based on borrowing money

Aside from our mortgage, the only time I have borrowed any money was to buy a new car.  I have a Mastercard, but I pay the bill in full each month, so I don't think that my whole life is based on borrowing.

They control our media to brainwash us, feed us what they have made us think we want to hear. I mean how in the hell can Australians not want a mining tax.

The "brainwashing" varies in its effectiveness and is aided and abetted by talkback radio.  I can still remember my mother's last lecture she gave me about what Alan Jones said......

Does it not sicken you that Australain politics has dissolved to seeing seedy marketing type people kissing babys in high visability vests only to say 'Great Big Tax' and 'boats' and whatever the hell their marketing and PR people have concocted this week or month? Do they not understand that Liberal and Labour is the same?

And Liberal and Labor the same? Not quite, although they are closer than they used to be.

We are controlled by these mega rich people because they control our debt. What if all that burrowed money all of a sudden stops? What will consumers do? Will the economy will just stop because it runs on burrowed money.

Does our economy depend on rabbits now?

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:47am

Dont listen to Frances she has an excuse for everything for why a corrupt system is good. Grin Grin Grin Grin

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:08am

What if all that burrowed money all of a sudden stops? What will consumers do? Will the economy will just stop because it runs on burrowed money.

At least you've worked it out. Capitalism is dead and buried. The growth fairy had perished.

It's not real money that is being lent and borrowed from one hand then back again , being passed around ad nauseum. It's monopoly money. Numbers on a monitor.

It will have a sad and sorry ending, then the new system of trade begins, whatever that will look like no one knows, but it won't be about unsustainable growth.

Can you see why we have the 99%?

That_Guy, have a squizzy at the Finance and Economics thread, plenty of insightful info from perceptions -now

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:02am

If we didn't borrow for the family burrow, we could buy a square metre of ground and armful of hardware each pay-day, while also paying rent. We could save to pay cash for an old banger car.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:08am

Thing is if you have a house now - mortgage or not - you cant sell it. Nobody is buying.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:24am

I dont honk many are against the MINING TAX,,

its the CARBON TAX and the fraud that it is based on that I dont agree with..

if an ALCOPOPS TAX  STOPS THE YOUNG DRIN KING POISON... THEN i AM HAPPY WITH THAT.oopps again

if it turns them to something stronger.. then not happy Jan.

if  a ROAD TAX is spent on our roads and making them safe to drive on.. then I am happy with that..

its when its spent on other things that I get a bit pizzzed off..

if a TAX ON WEALTH..is spent on homes for the not so rich..

then I am happy with that.

its when it goes on overseas trip for pollies..as many as they can cram in  it pizzzzzzzzes me off even more.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:49am

"I dont honk many are against the MINING TAX,,"
That's an idea. Let the people speak.

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 9:39am

chimera wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:49am:
"I dont honk many are against the MINING TAX,,"
That's an idea. Let the people speak.

If the mining revenue does not help all Australians through Jobs, pensions and healthcare then it is not being prudently spent or virtuously used.

Superannuation top ups are neither prudent nor virtuous and would squander the commonwealth on greed. Cool

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:15pm

Quote:
Aside from our mortgage, the only time I have borrowed any money was to buy a new car.  I have a Mastercard, but I pay the bill in full each month, so I don't think that my whole life is based on borrowing.

Only why put aside your mortgage and your car? And even if you weren't borrowing your government borrows, your supermarket borrows, practically every business you'll deal with works on an overdraft.

Europe, Japan and the USA face economic collapse through a mountain of debt, if they do collapse will you remain unaffected?   

Frances your whole life is based on borrowing.  Smiley

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:35pm

When the Carbon Tax comes in ordinary Australians will put their dollars in AL GORE'S pocket, he of The Environment Saviour. (Google the British High Court Judgement against Al Gore on 23 counts of scientific fraud with his bulldust move An Inconvenient Truth)

Now he is in business with his old buddy from GOLDMAN SACHS and they have a firm BLOOD and GORE - They trade in CARBON CREDITS.

Once the Carbon Tax is under way big companies will be able to purchase 'Carbon Credits' so they can go on polluting.

The only loser in this is you and me.

And the only winners are the rich and powerful.

Whether you agree with the Carbon Tax or not - it is a one way ticket to being poorer for all WORKING AUSTRALIANS.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 3:04pm

red baron wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:35pm:
When the Carbon Tax comes in ordinary Australians will put their dollars in AL GORE'S pocket, he of The Environment Saviour. (Google the British High Court Judgement against Al Gore on 23 counts of scientific fraud with his bulldust move An Inconvenient Truth)

Now he is in business with his old buddy from GOLDMAN SACHS and they have a firm BLOOD and GORE - They trade in CARBON CREDITS.

Once the Carbon Tax is under way big companies will be able to purchase 'Carbon Credits' so they can go on polluting.

The only loser in this is you and me.

And the only winners are the rich and powerful.

Whether you agree with the Carbon Tax or not - it is a one way ticket to being poorer for all WORKING AUSTRALIANS.

Ho hum let the bullshyte run.

Quote:
Mr Justice Burton said he had no complaint about Gore's central thesis that climate change was happening and was being driven by emissions from humans. However, the judge said nine statements in the film were not supported by mainstream scientific consensus. ...

...Children's Minister Kevin Brennan had earlier said: "It is important to be clear that the central arguments put forward in An Inconvenient Truth, that climate change is mainly caused by man-made emissions of greenhouse gases and will have serious adverse consequences, are supported by the vast weight of scientific opinion.

"Nothing in the judge's comments today detract from that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7037671.stm

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 4:16pm

Hi Grey,. would you like to explain to the Australian Public at large just how they will not be seriously out of [pocket when the Carbon Tax comes in. The trickle of money for the 'poor villagers' is nothing compared to the way prices will rocket.

I await with baited breath.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 4:41pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I felt after...........

Thanks for reading.

Hi to the poster known as That Guy. You are most welcome to your opinions.

I think you're a little deluded in your thinking. For instance why should we live under one world government that might dictate our lives for us? Wouldn't we be slaves? We would be told not to burn too much wood in winter...the job you had last week has just gone to a Tamil who offered his labour for $2 per day...your neighbour caught you not doing the 'green thing' and has reported you to the Council for Green Living...that sort of thing.

You can stick that sort of world up your freckle.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

That_Guy

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 5:24pm

salad in wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 4:41pm:
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I felt after...........

Thanks for reading.

Hi to the poster known as That Guy. You are most welcome to your opinions.

I think you're a little deluded in your thinking. For instance why should we live under one world government that might dictate our lives for us? Wouldn't we be slaves? We would be told not to burn too much wood in winter...the job you had last week has just gone to a Tamil who offered his labour for $2 per day...your neighbour caught you not doing the 'green thing' and has reported you to the Council for Green Living...that sort of thing.

You can stick that sort of world up your freckle.

I did not mention anything about a 'One World Government'? Bob Brown may have mentioned that last night, I did not reffer to this.

Thanks for the replies. I'm just at work at the moment so I can post anything too long.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print