Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mugabe "Dying" In Singapore Hospital (Read 436 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mugabe "Dying" In Singapore Hospital
Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:01am

Mugabe close to death: reports

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe is reportedly fighting for his life in a Singapore hospital with his wife and close family by his bedside.

The 88-year-old dictator, who is believed to be suffering from prostate cancer, flew to Singapore late last month on what his aides described as a "private visit".

A senior member of Mr Mugabe's Zanu PF party told The Zimbabwe Mail that Mr Mugabe was enjoying an Easter break with his family in Asia, and denied that he was seeking treatment for a medical condition.
Advertisement: Story continues below

However, rumours are swirling that the ageing leader, now in power for three decades, is seeking treatment for prostate cancer following several bouts of therapy in Asia in recent years.

Mr Mugabe was said to be close to death last night and was surrounded by close family, including his wife, Grace, Britain's Daily Mail reported.

It came as sources close to Mr Mugabe told The Daily Telegraph in London that Mr Mugabe had reached a secret "gentleman's agreement" to hand over power in Zimbabwe to his feared Defence Minister, Emmerson Mnangagwa, a former spy chief nicknamed "The Crocodile" and known for his ruthless style.

Mr Mnangagwa was widely blamed for the brutality following the 2008 presidential election after Mr Mugabe's rival, Morgan Tsvangirai, took an early lead in the voting.

Mr Mugabe's aides said he was also in Singapore to oversee arrangements for his daughter Bona to begin post-graduate university study, The Zimbabwe Mail reported...

http://www.theage.com.au/world/mugabe-close-to-death-reports-20120410-1wls5.html

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: Mugabe "Dying" In Singapore Hospital
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:21pm

If he converts to Islam on his death bed, we'll have another dead Muslim dictator.
Fingers crossed.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:58pm

Mugabe most probably has never heard the term "what goes round comes round..." But he might be getting an inkling of what that means right now.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:35pm

Karma sucks  Tongue

Prostate cancer?   that would hurt.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm

muso wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:35pm:
Karma sucks  Tongue

Prostate cancer?   that would hurt.

Indeed, as we sow, so to shall we reap?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:11pm

Never make light of Karma my friend...I've seen enough in this life to convince me that what you put out there will come back to you in one way or another.

Happens too often to be co incidental....just look at the track records of tyrants in history. How many have had that happy ending?

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:17pm

red baron wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:11pm:
Never make light of Karma my friend...I've seen enough in this life to convince me that what you put out there will come back to you in one way or another.

Happens too often to be co incidental....just look at the track records of tyrants in history. How many have had that happy ending?

You may say that but funny how these tyrants always get taken by karma in their old age. A trial and humiliation would be karma.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:52pm

Ill wishes:- we've all been very patient, now will you just hurry up and die.  Grin

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 11:05pm

red baron wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:11pm:

Absolutely. Sooner or later both Red and I will go to heaven.    Grin

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print