Send Topic Print
Cull the Shark (Read 1594 times)
bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Cull the Shark
Apr 1st, 2012 at 6:32pm

Idiots,
how the hell do you come to that conclusion.

This is like walking across a highway and telling police to start shooting cars because you got hit.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Re: Cull the Shark
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 6:40pm

Shark culls urged at busy WA beaches
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/shark-culls-urged-at-busy-wa-b...

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Do people not realise sharks are culled in gigantic numbers on a daily basis by the fishing industry worldwide???

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 7:05pm

Like dolphins, sharks have a language which is slowly being understood. So far the words "cull. surfboard. dudes" have been translated.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 10:24pm

Most of the attacks in WA have been due to spearfishing. That is - the guys have dead and bloody fish dragging behind them ...and they do this on Scuba, unlike other States. Not good.
Two attacks involved the same people in the same spot doing the same thing a year or so apart: spearing on Scuba.

I think its pathetic and inferior that we wipe out species because a good number of us can't cope or place ourselves in a situation of vulnerability.
Until the global MILITARY jilts Politics and starts standing up for the Protection of Animal species around the Globe, there is little hope as the Greenies just get bullied aside for trying to keep us a better future.

At Bushrangers in Bass Point NSW, I was emotionally distressed underwater during a dive. A Grey Nurse Shark was zeroing in on my 'Distress' and if I hadn't reacted and seen it coming straight at me, I'm sure it would have taken a bite. Instead, the 'surprise' was gone and it slowly circled away.
Does the shark deserve to be culled?
Hell no! Its a shark and we have much to learn from animal species.
...a world without animals and nature is like a mind without imagination.

To much Fish and aquatic life is being destroyed NEEDLESSLY for short term financial greed.
To much tinned fish sits on shelves unbought and end up as landfill - what a waste! Roll Eyes Angry Sad

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 7:40am

Probably the fisheries will be extinct soon and cats and dogs will go vegan.
There was a TV doco on a disabled paraplegic boy who was taken to orangutans in Borneo. One ape walked up to the group of people with its gaze fixed on the boy and held his arms. Then walked off.
Not easy with sharks, it's not like scuba and surfers could wear hardened armour leggings.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:38pm

I knew the bloke (and his brother) who was killed ! They used to live in Morley....

Nice guys but I wouldn't have been doing what they were doing...

... anyway, the point I was trying to make was that I didn't think they culled Great Whites!!

THE SONG I DEDICATE TO PETER IS,

Peter Peter Peter Peter
we smoked so much dope
we smoked and ate pizza!
We laughed and we stacked it on skateboards
at easter
...we all got jealous when you pulled hot thangz!

The papers were right: "...a bloke you could sit and talk to all night!"
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:49pm by BatteriesNotIncluded »  

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:45pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:38pm:
I knew the bloke (and his brother) who was killed ! They used to live in Morley....

... anyway, the point I was trying to make was that I didn't think they culled Great Whites!!

Sorry to hear that,

I have scuba dived and snorkeled thousands of times and never worry about sharks. Seems like his mate who was interviewed on the news knew of the risks but did it anyway, probably for the love of the ocean.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:45pm

It makes more sense to cull seals and whales - in nature, a population will only grow if there is enough food to sustain an increase.  Reduce the numbers of their prey and the numbers of sharks will stabilize, plus we can use the whales and seals for their pelts and their meat.  If there's a use for loads of dead sharks, I'm not sure what it is.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:48pm

... wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:45pm:
It makes more sense to cull seals and whales - in nature, a population will only grow if there is enough food to sustain an increase.  Reduce the numbers of their prey and the numbers of sharks will stabilize, plus we can use the whales and seals for their pelts and their meat.  If there's a use for loads of dead sharks, I'm not sure what it is.

Very true tolerator.
Bit of flake isn’t bad but not from a protected animal.

If anyone ever suggests culling to you, explain that sharks are already culled in their tens of thousands each day around the world.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:51pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:45pm:

Sorry to hear that,

I have scuba dived and snorkeled thousands of times and never worry about sharks. Seems like his mate who was interviewed on the news knew of the risks but did it anyway, probably for the love of the ocean.

Who was interviewed? His brutha was Gian so maybe you mean him??

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #10 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:52pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:51pm:

Sorry to hear that,

It was the person who was swimming with him when they were attatcked

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #11 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:56pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:52pm:

Sorry to hear that,

Lol, his brutha! I mean, not lol!!

Did he look shaken or what?? He stabbed a friggin shark and apparently saw it all right in front of him in not very clear waters!!

His brutha was a good bloke but jebus.... I've just been shakin' my head for 10 days or so now!!  Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #12 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:01pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:56pm:
bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:52pm:

Sorry to hear that,

Lol, his brutha! I mean, not lol!!

Did he look shaken or what?? He stabbed a friggin shark and apparently saw it all right in front of him in not very clear waters!!

His brutha was a good bloke but jebus.... I've just been shakin' my head for 10 days or so now!!  Cry Cry Cry

Ok, I don’t really remember just remember him saying he didn’t want a cull and something along the lines of being in their territory or something like that.
Extremely brave, most people would probably freeze if they saw a giant like that in front of them.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #13 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:51pm

Polar bears start on garbage tins when it's hard to find fish.
Many fish species are not growing to full size because of intensive fishing, or even extinction.

IP Logged

FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 3:56pm

chimera wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:51pm:
Many fish species are not growing to full size because of intensive fishing, or even extinction.

LOL, not poo sherlock!!

Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print