Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 4
th, 2012 at 7:29pm:
matty wrote on Mar 4
th, 2012 at 5:43pm:
"Even the rain falls won't be enough to fill our dams". What happened? Warragamba dam is now well over 100% filled. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Yeah there is, so where are the facts, where is the link to the quote so we can fully understand the context of Mr Flannery's supposed words, I say supposed because I have no reference to them.
Are you really in Uni, is this how you would present facts in an essay?
Bibliography, look it up
Well, I am not writing an essay here, am I?
And if you want sourcs, then here you are:
CHIEF Climate Commissioner Tim Flannery in 2007 warned global warming was draining our dams.
"Even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and river systems," said the Australian who has most whipped up global warming alarmism.
"In Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane, water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months."
Here is how full our dams are, five years later, at the end of another summer.
Canberra's dams: 99.6 per cent.
Darwin's dam: 96 per cent.
Brisbane's dams: 91 per cent.
Sydney's dams: 87 per cent.
Warragamba is a dam buster
Melbourne's dams: 64 per cent.
Adelaide's dams: 55 per cent.
Flannery must account for his discredited predictions or hand in his resignation.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/rain-falls-on-tim-flannerys-predic...