Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review. (Read 3317 times)
corporate_whitey
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 8896
Archivist
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #45 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm
 
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool
Back to top
 

World Wide Working Class Struggle
 
IP Logged
 
Uncle Meat
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2434
Tasmania
Gender: male
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #46 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:51pm
 
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool


Please elaborate.

What force is used?

It's up to an employee to accept a job or decline the offer.

What exactly are you talking about?  Examples?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Uncle Meat
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2434
Tasmania
Gender: male
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #47 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:55pm
 
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool



Ahhhhh, looking at your avatar I think I understand now.

You're talking about Centrelink.

If someone on the dole is offered a casual job they must take it or lose their benefits.  But you're saying that casual jobs don't offer any security (as there is no guarantee of hours).

I see where you're coming from now.  However, if the employer doesn't offer any hours, surely Centrelink will make a payment (?)  Or am I wrong?  I haven't been on the dole, so I'm not sure how it works.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
corporate_whitey
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 8896
Archivist
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #48 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:05pm
 
Uncle Meat wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:55pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool



Ahhhhh, looking at your avatar I think I understand now.

You're talking about Centrelink.

If someone on the dole is offered a casual job they must take it or lose their benefits.  But you're saying that casual jobs don't offer any security (as there is no guarantee of hours).

I see where you're coming from now.  However, if the employer doesn't offer any hours, surely Centrelink will make a payment (?)  Or am I wrong?  I haven't been on the dole, so I'm not sure how it works.

Thats not the point, the point is the Government is forcing people into casual work against their will and denying them secure stable employment. Cool
Back to top
 

World Wide Working Class Struggle
 
IP Logged
 
Uncle Meat
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2434
Tasmania
Gender: male
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #49 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:12pm
 
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:05pm:
Uncle Meat wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:55pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool



Ahhhhh, looking at your avatar I think I understand now.

You're talking about Centrelink.

If someone on the dole is offered a casual job they must take it or lose their benefits.  But you're saying that casual jobs don't offer any security (as there is no guarantee of hours).

I see where you're coming from now.  However, if the employer doesn't offer any hours, surely Centrelink will make a payment (?)  Or am I wrong?  I haven't been on the dole, so I'm not sure how it works.

Thats not the point, the point is the Government is forcing people into casual work against their will and denying them secure stable employment. Cool


Yep, I see your point.

The more I think about it the more I agree with you.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
corporate_whitey
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 8896
Archivist
Re: The Gillard Governments Fair Work Act Review.
Reply #50 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:18pm
 
Uncle Meat wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:12pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:05pm:
Uncle Meat wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:55pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Quote:
Nobody is forced by the Government to work as a casual.

What are you talking about, exactly?


Yes they are, there is no more job securrity and he government forces people all the time to take casual work. Cool



Ahhhhh, looking at your avatar I think I understand now.

You're talking about Centrelink.

If someone on the dole is offered a casual job they must take it or lose their benefits.  But you're saying that casual jobs don't offer any security (as there is no guarantee of hours).

I see where you're coming from now.  However, if the employer doesn't offer any hours, surely Centrelink will make a payment (?)  Or am I wrong?  I haven't been on the dole, so I'm not sure how it works.

Thats not the point, the point is the Government is forcing people into casual work against their will and denying them secure stable employment. Cool


Yep, I see your point.

The more I think about it the more I agree with you.


Nobody should be forced to do casual labour for the government. Cool
Back to top
 

World Wide Working Class Struggle
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print