Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Islamic Tolerance in Egypt (Read 7752 times)
Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Islamic Tolerance in Egypt
Jan 29th, 2012 at 1:12am

So this is freedom of religion in the perfect muslim state
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AINA) -- A mob of over 3000 Muslims attacked Copts in the village of Kobry-el-Sharbat (el-Ameriya), Alexandria this afternoon. Coptic homes and shops were looted before being set ablaze. Two Copts and a Muslim were injured. The violence started after a rumor was spread that a Coptic man had an allegedly intimate photo of a Muslim woman on his mobile phone. The Coptic man, Mourad Samy Guirgis, surrendered to the police this morning morning for his protection.

According to eyewitnesses, the perpetrators were bearded men in white gowns. "They were Salafists, and some of were from the Muslim Brotherhood," according to one witness. It was reported that terrorized women and children who lost their homes were in the streets without any place to go.

According to Father Boktor Nashed from St. George's Church in el-Nahdah, a meeting between Muslim and Christian representatives was supposed to take place in the evening in Kobry-el-Sharbat. But, by 3 P.M. a Muslim mob looted and torched the home of Mourad Samy Guirgis, as well as the home of his family and three homes of Coptic neighbors. A number of Coptic-owned shops and businesses were also looted and torched. "We contacted security forces, but they arrived very, very late," Said Father Nashad. The fire brigade was prevented from going into the village by the Muslims and the fires were left to burn themselves out. "Those who lost their home, left the village," said Father Nashed.

Coptic activist Mariam Ragy, who was covering the violence in Kobry-el-Sharbat , said it took the army 1 hour to drive 2 kilometers to the village. "This happens every time. They wait outside the village until the Muslims have had enough violence, then they appear." She said that she spoke to many Copts from the village this evening who said that although their homes were not attacked, Muslims stood in the street asking them to come to their homes to hide. "They believed that this was a new trick to make them leave, so that Muslims would loot and torch their homes while they were away," said Ragy.

The Gov of Alexandria visited al-Nahda, near Kobry-el-Sharbat, this evening and told elYoum 7 newspaper that the two Copts and one Muslim who were injured were transported to hospital. He said that the family of the Muslim girl whose image was on the Copt's mobile phone wanted revenge from the Coptic man. They broke into his home and torched a furniture factory located in the same building.

Joseph Malak, a lawyer for the Coptic Church in Alexandria, said it is too early to count injuries to Copts or losses to their property.

Mr. Mina Girguis, of the Maspero Youth Union in Alexandria, said that "collective punishment of Copts for someone else's mistake, which is yet to be determined, is completely unacceptable." He believes that the reason for this violence is fabricated, and the military is behind it. "They are trying to divert the attention from the second revolution which is taking place now."

Father Nashed denied that Islamists were present, only ordinary village Muslims, and could not give an explanation as why people who have lived together amicably for years could commit such violence. "Maybe because of lack of security, they think that they can do as they please."

He said that the nearly 65 Coptic families were ordered to stay indoors and not to open their shops and businesses tomorrow. He added that security forces did not arrest any of the perpetrators, "on the contrary, they were begging the mob to go home."

By midnight the violence had subsided.

By Mary Abdelmassih

© 2012, Assyrian International News Agency.  All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use.

www.aina.org/news/20120127193942.htm

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Islamic Tolerance in Egypt
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:02am

Would they be the Muslims that Abu claimed recently were 'protecting' the copts?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:15am

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:02am:
Would they be the Muslims that Abu claimed recently were 'protecting' the copts?

Your perception of Muslims is wrong. It's like an alien looking at humanity as one big homogenous group that agrees on everything.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:44am

So it was a different bunch of Muslims?

That's OK then.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 11:30am

There was a female candidate in the Egyptian election.

They cannot show her face because she is supposed to wear a veil you will figure out which one she is.

The men have the regulation beard a fist length from the chin, they trim the moustace so they could differentiate themselves from the Jews on the battlefield.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:00pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:15am:
freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:02am:

Your perception of Muslims is wrong.

It's like an alien looking at humanity as one big homogenous group that agrees on everything.

Annie,

You accuse FD;

"Your perception of Muslims is wrong."

But Annie,

If your perception of moslems is correct, then why do we NEVER, EVER, see street protests in the West, by all of the 'good' moslems living in the West, protesting whenever we see a new outrage of violent behaviour in a moslem majority country?

These common outrages of violent behaviour, where non-moslem minorities [including Christian communities] are being persecuted and murdered by members of their local moslem community ???

The silence of the worldwide moslem community when these outrages occur is deafening.

But let a female primary school teacher, working in a moslem country foolishly dare to call a teddy bear, a childs toy, Mohammed.....
.....and many moslems, including moslems living in the West, are calling for her blood, for insulting ISLAM, and ISLAM's prophet.

Annie, what i am asking, is;

If the moslem community, is a worldwide community of 'good' moslems [i.e. the ummah], then why are the ummah, the worldwide community of 'good' moslems silent, whenever the 'bad' moslems supposedly 'misrepresent' ISLAM ???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:13pm

Quote:
If the moslem community, is a worldwide community of 'good' moslems [i.e. the ummah], then why are the ummah, the worldwide community of 'good' moslems silent, whenever the 'bad' moslems supposedly 'misrepresent' ISLAM ???

You'd have to ask them, but I'll have a guess and say that they're probably too busy protesting foreign invasions and trying to overturn their own corrupt governments - in most cases right alongside their Christian counterparts.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 8:25pm

I couldn't find anything at all about this in one single Egyptian news site, even those known to be fairly pro-Coptic.

Got any actual references for this from a proper news site? Or just the usual jihadwatch tripe?

It was probably a schoolyard scuffle kind of thing, which involved 3 or 4 people, but by the time jihadwatch and crew got their hands on it, it became a mob of 3000 angry salafists foaming at the mouth.

And even the article claims it's not Muslim groups behind this, but the military (ie. the U.S-backed thugs currently running the country), who Annie mentioned, Muslims & Christians are protesting side by side to remove.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 8:30pm

The is a URL at the bottom of the post.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 8:35pm

Yes from an Assyrian Christian site (which does not mention its source).

I said an actual news outlet, not an Assyrian Christian website.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 1:54am

Yet even more tolerance of Christians

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9045282/Syria-claims-of-racial-cleansing-as-14-family-members-are-killed.html

english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/32940/Egypt/Politics-/Killing-of-Copts-in-
Upper-Egypt-turns-up-heat-on-p.aspx

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 5:31am

In other words no actual news sources for this claim?

Come on, the vast majority of people being killed by the Western-friendly regimes in both Egypt and Syria are mainstream Muslims, not Christians, this is just ridiculous. Now you're seriously clutching at straws.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:24pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:13pm:
Quote:

You'd have to ask them, but I'll have a guess and say that they're probably too busy protesting foreign invasions and trying to overturn their own corrupt governments - in most cases right alongside their Christian counterparts.

So now that all those busy 'good' muslims have elected Islamists to power in Egypt, we can expect unequivocal, loud and ongoing condemnation 'bad' muslims who misrepresent Islam by doing violent, bloodthirsty acts?

Who are you kiddin'?

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:40pm

Soren wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:24pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:13pm:
Quote:

So now that all those busy 'good' muslims have elected Islamists to power in Egypt, we can expect unequivocal, loud and ongoing condemnation 'bad' muslims who misrepresent Islam by doing violent, bloodthirsty acts?

Who are you kiddin'?

The Muslim political parties are advocates for Christian rights.

When the secualr US-backed puppet regime was preventing Christians from building churches, it was the Muslim Brotherhood who came out and said theat Christians should be allowed to build churches in Egypt.

Christians and women join Muslim Brotherhood Party

The Coptic writer and professor, Rafiq Habib, has been nominated to serve the vice president of the Freedom and Justice’ party representing the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) says the local press, which notes that the founders of the party, which is the political expression of the MB – illegal under the Mubarak regime, include 93 Copts and 978 women.

The welcoming of Christians and women, by the MB, serve to contrast the accusations of exclusion addressed to the leaders of the Brotherhood by many groups.  The MB’s historic leader, Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotuh, has announced his intention to run as an independent in the next presidential elections.

According to the MB’s website, ‘Ikhwanweb’, the new party and the signed petitions in its support along with the offices to be conferred will be presented in the next few days. “The Party is totally distinct from the group – assures Mohammed Mursi, president of ‘Freedom and Justice’ – which as an NGO, shall deal with social activities and offering aid to the population.

Walid Shalabi, the MB’s spokesman, has reiterated, as noted by al-Ahram online, that “the group and the party are independent, both financially and managerially. The two parties, however, shall assist one another when necessary, such as during an election for example”...

http://au.christiantoday.com/article/muslim-brotherhood-appoints-christian-vice-president/11090.htm

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:47pm

Sorry, I missed the bit that is pertinent to the point that was made.
Do you have the MB policy on the sunni/shia killings? Any interviews by MB leaders unequivocally condemning attacks by Muslim terrorists around the world?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print