Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wall Street Protest V Climate Change (Read 2010 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Wall Street Protest V Climate Change
Oct 10th, 2011 at 1:55am

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Re: Wall Street Protest V Climate Change
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:16am

The Primary purpose of the occupy Wall Street Movement is to end human economic inequality - everything else is secondary to that - any environment policy must be filtered through that objective.  The most important thing in peoples lives is the arbitrary distribution of wealth, the control of corporations over the economy and the greed of corporations.  These people reject Austerity - they will not tolerate any more Austerity measures imposed by the rich and any energy measure must not economically strain the poorest people.  If by curbing growth you are talking about imposing Austerity on the people then this protest movement is not for you, you are supporting corporate greed.

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:04am

I saw an advert on TV last night showing people in a very poor third-world African country where people there still have no electricity, running water or sanitation and still live in huts with floors of dirt. It makes me realise just how lucky we are to live here and how our petty problems are by comparison to those in these third-world countries. Our biggest problems are mortgages, etc while theirs is whether they can find food to eat tomorrow.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:08am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 1:55am:

I went to Dignity Funerals on Saturday and asked if any funeral plans were on the list of services for a Mr A Abbott. I was told that no such funeral was planned.

Please may I know when the political death of A Abbott is planned. Are you associated with:

Quote:
December 21 2012 Predictions – The End of The World 2012?

Until a couple of years ago there were not that many people who were acquainted with the end of the world 2012 prophecy that was put forward......

[...]
http://www.december2012endofworld.com/

You keep predicting A Abbott's political death but you don't deliver.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:49am by salad in »  

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:19am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:04am:
I saw an advert on TV last night showing people in a very poor third-world African country where people there still have no electricity, running water or sanitation and still live in huts with floors of dirt. It makes me realise just how lucky we are to live here and how our petty problems are by comparison to those in these third-world countries. Our biggest problems are mortgages, etc while theirs is whether they can find food to eat tomorrow.

I saw the same program, only the one I viewed was set in a place called Utopia in the Northern Territory (anything but) and the people were Indigenous Australians.

The government want to move them to some pissy little town across the way so they are not maintaining the infrastructure in Utopia.

Shame Australia, shame!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:20am

AP friends of mine many years ago worked in Johannesburg SA.. she told us how the blacks didnt know how to spend their money.. for instance they bought TV sets.. when they didnt have electricity... she laughed... I asked her why they didnt have electricity and she couldnt tell me..this was before Mandella..these people lived on the edge of the white world..

and from what little I have seen it hasnt changed much in all this time..these are towns or dumps if you like very close to the big cities..I agree its disgraceful.. and instead of spending all this money on bloody talkfest.. In Durban regarding climate change... the money could do a lot more good I am thinking.

we are too far up ourselves really... I have just had an email from olive regarding the American debt.,. I would love to send it to you its an eye opener.. scary is not the word.

when I think of world debt... and look at the poverty I cant help but ask Y. the debt doesnt seem to have changed a bloody thing for the better

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 3:54pm

HOW DO WE BREAK THE NEXUS BETWEEN ECONOMIC GROWTH AND CARBON EMISSIONS I WONDER?

BYE BYE ABBOTT!!  Cool

I love what turnbull had to say about Green Technology today... very interesting times for the Liberal party going forward!  Cheesy Cheesy

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:09pm

You know, if we stopped giving 'sit down money' to the dregs of society, they wouldn't have the coin to splurge on superfluous consumerist crap like mag wheels, garish jewellery and iphones.  So obviously demand for this sort of rubbish would wane, so the supply of them would also decrease, thus decreasing emissions, thus saving the world, without having to resort to bogus new taxes.
But that leads us to yet another instance when the beliefs of the left contradict themselves.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm

... wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:09pm:
You know, if we stopped giving 'sit down money' to the dregs of society, they wouldn't have the coin to splurge on superfluous consumerist crap like mag wheels, garish jewellery and iphones.  So obviously demand for this sort of rubbish would wane, so the supply of them would also decrease, thus decreasing emissions, thus saving the world, without having to resort to bogus new taxes.
But that leads us to yet another instance when the beliefs of the left contradict themselves.  

Many well skilled people must resort to sit down money from time to time and no amount of business acumen could deny it!  Kiss

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:18pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm:
You know, if we stopped giving 'sit down money' to the dregs of society, they wouldn't have the coin to splurge on superfluous consumerist crap like mag wheels, garish jewellery and iphones.  So obviously demand for this sort of rubbish would wane, so the supply of them would also decrease, thus decreasing emissions, thus saving the world, without having to resort to bogus new taxes.

Many well skilled people must resort to sit down money from time to time and no amount of business acumen could deny it!  Kiss

Indeed.  The problem is with those who become accustomed to it, and feel it is owed to them. 
Ever notice that the average car has a lot of accoutrements in low socio-economic areas?  That's MY taxes paying for these bludgers to put spoilers, tints and mags on their cars. 
Ever notice how fat people are in these same areas?  They're obviously not starving...

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 5:10pm

... wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:18pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm:

Many well skilled people must resort to sit down money from time to time and no amount of business acumen could deny it!  Kiss

Indeed.  The problem is with those who become accustomed to it, and feel it is owed to them.  
Ever notice that the average car has a lot of accoutrements in low socio-economic areas?  That's MY taxes paying for these bludgers to put spoilers, tints and mags on their cars.  
Ever notice how fat people are in these same areas?  They're obviously not starving...

geez, who keeps deleting all the new replys!  Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 6:25pm

I am fed up with bailouts being given to Private banks and corporations all over the world =- we cannot continue to operate on this basis propping up uncompetitive banks and corporations with the tax payers money and its all the more reason why we should set up social banks in competition with the private sector.  Private industry only has a place if it is self sustaining, competitive, creating jobs and wealth for Australians and paying taxes.  Its been proven time and time against that private sector is not competitive unless the Government is a major employer and market participant as well.

IP Logged

FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 2:05pm

corporate_whitey wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 6:25pm:
I am fed up with bailouts being given to Private banks and corporations all over the world =- we cannot continue to operate on this basis propping up uncompetitive banks and corporations with the tax payers money and its all the more reason why we should set up social banks in competition with the private sector.  Private industry only has a place if it is self sustaining, competitive, creating jobs and wealth for Australians and paying taxes.  Its been proven time and time against that private sector is not competitive unless the Government is a major employer and market participant as well.

The Bank of Corporate_whitey.

Let us know when it is up and running.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:56pm

cods wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:20am:

AP friends of mine many years ago worked in Johannesburg SA.. she told us how the blacks didnt know how to spend their money.. for instance they bought TV sets.. when they didnt have electricity... she laughed... I asked her why they didnt have electricity and she couldnt tell me..this was before Mandella..these people lived on the edge of the white world..

and from what little I have seen it hasnt changed much in all this time..these are towns or dumps if you like very close to the big cities..I agree its disgraceful.. and instead of spending all this money on bloody talkfest.. In Durban regarding climate change... the money could do a lot more good I am thinking.

we are too far up ourselves really... I have just had an email from olive regarding the American debt.,. I would love to send it to you its an eye opener.. scary is not the word.

when I think of world debt... and look at the poverty I cant help but ask Y. the debt doesnt seem to have changed a bloody thing for the better

When you're playing with monopoly money debt to some is simply/ACTUALLY leverage!  Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 10:24pm

FriYAY wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 2:05pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 6:25pm:

The Bank of Corporate_whitey.

Let us know when it is up and running.

This will be remembered as the day the rightards lost the culture war and were emasculated by the ALP and Green coalitions blunt rusty old pocket knife.  The right rolled over with barely a whimper showing how truly bankrupt capitalism now is.  The ALP would do well to head the mood and the occupy wall street movement and press on cutting the private market off social welfare and reinvesting tax payers money in social services, industries and jobs like it is supposed to.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print