now there's an idea.

too bad no-one in power really gives a sh-t.
There ARE many ways to generate energy - and water power doesn't necessarily refer just to hydro-electric power generation.
I think it depends a lot on location. The tidal forces generated in the world's oceans are there, now. Places which have large tidal ranges between low and high tide, for example, have that power right at their door. But no-one wants to seriously look at these types of things, because - the PROFIT isn't there. Forget about the good of humanity.
As for solar power - another infinite resource - we are just STARTING !! unbelievable as that may seem to rational beings.
I believe I've said it elsewhere, .. but anyway - I say - one size fits all - isn't the name of the game.
Nuclear??? You'd be an egotistical fool to think that humans can master such. Of course, for those who don't think long-term, it presents an attractive power source that - generally- others will have to clean up at some time in the future.
BAD SHITE
Our cultural obsession with money and possessions and consumption does not suggest 'the common good' has any place in world politics today, and it
should be the main goal of civilised cultures.
.......there's gonna be a hard rain ..thats gonna fall..