I happen to agree with Doctor Jolly.
A definitely positive action - for some.
I wish the negs would approach the topic with more neutrality - 'cos we've heard it all before.

As for Svalbad being a good investment - nice if you like the nthn climes - but - you'd have to live a looong time to make a gain from a seaside resort........ Twerps.
I remember commenting to a friend 20 odd yrs ago, who had bought a Mt home, - it'll be a beach down there bfore you know it- JOKE> (It WAS close to the coast.) No closer now. He's dead - heart attack - and the beach is nowhere near.
See we have to think of the future, instead of remaining these programmed 'ME' people who have been taught that WE are the most important thing/person in the world.
Most of us grow out of that delusion.
I do have land, ( er - with the Mortgagor) and I do try to do the best I can, learn as much as I can. I have been quite determined to live in the most natural setting I can, and I love it.
A City dweller for a time, I would never, now, live in a city ever again.