etc etc etc
Yes that is the idea - how do we - in our varied and various environments - survive - the best way we can?
Living in a society, a world, for the most part made up of interdependent specialists- in the billions- is truly a ludicrous state of affairs. Yet -- Here We Are!
Solutions? - There are very many many ways of addressing this intrinsic problem - that we all face. From my observations of the human and the natural world, there is no - One Size Fits All.
Locale will determine the response - but - isn't it better to act first, - rather than wait - for what can only be an inevitable break up. ... How any sensible person can see our current 'lifestyle' as anything BUT non-viable in the longer term eludes me completely. .
I do what I can - I own a small but protected and significant bit of natural bush - very near a proposed higher density area for housing people. Which I oppose- - a stupid idea. And THAT within 45 kms of the CBD.
Don't spread it MY way!!!!!
So I add to the general good by identifying , protecting and maintaining as much as possible - thereby operating a carbon sink. Through my obs and report. over time this now includes a much larger area than just my piece, protected by both State and Federal Environmental protection law..
On a riparian corridor - with huge diversity - I at least feel like I do contribute more than my quota.
And the beauty and peace and life - give back to me.
And I just wish many more people felt the same way I do.