Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Netanyahu's speech to Congress. (Read 3664 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Netanyahu's speech to Congress.
May 25th, 2011 at 9:40pm

Netanyahu gave a glorious speech to the USA Congress,  May 24, 2011

See link for the full text:

http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/news.php?Itemid=3665

Netanyahu.
Quote:
Of the 300 million Arabs in the Middle East and North Africa, only Israel's Arab citizens enjoy real democratic rights. I want you to stop for a second and think about that. Of those 300 million Arabs, less than one-half of one-percent are truly free, and they're all citizens of Israel!

This startling fact reveals a basic truth: Israel is not what is wrong about the Middle East. Israel is what is right about the Middle East.

Have a read & see if he deserved all those standing ovations.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Re: Netanyahu's speech to Congress.
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:54pm

What I saw of his speech made me cringe - perhaps even more from the reactions of the lapdog yank pollies than his actual words...

I realise that there are complexities to the Israel situation - but who gives a flying smack if his people breed like Israelis, when they have violently-imposed themselves on the lives and homelands of others, with impunity!?

As a matter of interest: does anyone know what proportion/s of the US Congress and Senate are Jews?

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2011 at 11:20pm

'What I saw of his speech made me cringe - perhaps even more from the reactions of the lapdog yank pollies than his actual words...''

My feeling was more one of amazement. !!  I felt uncomfortable.!! Masterly speech, covering the bases, I assume.  I saw bits, but the ovations! were the grabber.  While the Cat 's away -  the MICE play.  In fact, I find the absenting of the President from the country, while Mr Netanyahu remained to speak to the American public  and their representatives a strange coincidence.! OK maybe a coincidence.  Huh
I've tried to post on this Netanyahu/Obama/+nowCongress on another thread, but the topic I replied to .. didn't meet with the mod's approval.( this was prior to the speech to Congress.)

So - I'll say again - Netanyahu spoke to Obama as if instructing the obvious, as simply as possible.  And truly, Obama is naive to think that the old treaty can be upheld.  Dream on Mr President - IMO.

I think Netanyahu was always going to be the man at this point in time, in Israel.  Have watched his actions from afar, over the years. Just on the telly, like!! Smiley

By this point in time, I mean , - at a time when America needs Israel, more than Israel needs the US. 

They perform the role of regional  'tethered goat' -  no wonder they are fierce.!!AND it's a role they push to it's limits.

But - if history says anything -
the nation of Israel was created by the Allies - after the Second World War.  Quite arbitrarily.

"Righto old chap we'll just move all these ruddy paleies over ..theere,........ and give this bit of land, including Jerusalem,... to the Jewish people to build their own nation, at last.".

"that 'll set the cat among the pigeons! heheheh." Huh

live every day

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2011 at 1:33am

It's time for Palestinian PM Salam Fayyad  to make an address to Congress too.
It would be fair to hear both sides of the story.

Obama just made a speech about freedom -
to both houses of the British Parliament -
let the Pallys be free to speak too.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2011 at 2:03am

Absolutely Bat!!.
If they get no right to reply, you know they're fcuked. 

Strange indeed the machinations of the militaristic.!???

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2011 at 6:05am

Quote:

An ovation was truly deserved by those who aim to keep ordinary peoples fighting against one another via religious myth.

Reading between the lines, his speech states none other than long held opinions about the supernatural.
The Jews will always believe that they are "the chosen ones". Muslims will always believe that Jews must be killed wherever they may be found.

It's no wonder that his speech is seen as a declaration of war by the equally fruitloop opposition to ordinary jewish people.

In one breathe, Netanyahu states that Israel has always been accepting of a Palestinian state, ..in the next he states that it was difficult to tell his people that he will accept a Palestinian state.

Quote:
"This is the land of our forefathers, the Land of Israel, to which Abraham brought the idea of one God, where David set out to confront Goliath, and where Isaiah saw a vision of eternal peace. No distortion of history can deny the four thousand year old bond, between the Jewish people and the Jewish land."

Inciteful religious metaphoric mumbo jumbo..grow up!!

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2011 at 8:26am

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Septics gave Julia a warm reception, so why wouldn`t they do the same for their Jewish masters?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - May 26th, 2011 at 8:32am

Good comments from everyone.
Lets see if the other side gets a right of reply -
I doubt it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - May 26th, 2011 at 9:46am

Amadd wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 6:05am:
Quote:

An ovation was truly deserved by those who aim to keep ordinary peoples fighting against one another via religious myth.

Reading between the lines, his speech states none other than long held opinions about the supernatural.
The Jews will always believe that they are "the chosen ones". Muslims will always believe that Jews must be killed wherever they may be found.

It's no wonder that his speech is seen as a declaration of war by the equally fruitloop opposition to ordinary jewish people.

In one breathe, Netanyahu states that Israel has always been accepting of a Palestinian state, ..in the next he states that it was difficult to tell his people that he will accept a Palestinian state.

Quote:
"This is the land of our forefathers, the Land of Israel, to which Abraham brought the idea of one God, where David set out to confront Goliath, and where Isaiah saw a vision of eternal peace. No distortion of history can deny the four thousand year old bond, between the Jewish people and the Jewish land."

Inciteful religious metaphoric mumbo jumbo..grow up!!

I still find it amazing that so many supposedly rational people, refuse to acknowledge that [for as long as a Jewish homeland called Israel has existed], the 'Palestinians' have had a state.

The 'Palestinian' state is called JORDAN.

see more here....
"Israel/Palestine"
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1306100987/27#27

And find it amazing, that so many supposedly rational people, refuse to acknowledge that it is merely the hatred, the envy, and the intransigence, of local moslems [surrounding Israel], that will not, CANNOT, allow a sovereign non-MOSLEM state to exist in their midst, which is the source of all of the conflict which exists.....between local moslems, and Israelis [i.e. non-MOSLEMS].

"A man came to the Prophet and asked, "A man fights for war booty; another fights for fame and a third fights for showing off; which of them fights in Allah's Cause?" The Prophet said, "He who fights that Allah's Word (i.e. Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause." "
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.065
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.080i

"Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' ...."
hadithsunnah/bukhari #004.052.196

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

ISLAM/moslems is/are at fault.

Israel wants to exist.

Moslems have determined to destroy [non-MOSLEM] Israel,
....BECAUSE - Israel is a sovereign non-MOSLEM state.

Fair and decent people, should not be on the side of moslem aggressors.

The Jews didn't even take that land from local moslems.

The winners of WWI took that territory off Turkey, at the end of WWI, as 'war booty'.

And everyone conveniently 'forgets' that moslems originally used force, to take that small strip of land which is Israel, from Christians [around 700 AD].

But no-one must every be allowed to take it back, from moslems ???

ISLAMIC doctrine states that whenever moslems take land off others [i.e. non-MOSLEMS], that land remains as the property of moslems, in perpetuity.

I don't accept that moslem 'logic'.

....which is a 'Heads I win, tails you lose.' type of logic, which all good moslems are so fond of.

Further, there is a concept in ISLAMIC culture, that nothing can happen in this world, except by Allah's will.

And moslems do actively promote such a concept, such a paradigm, within their own communities.

Ergo;
It should therefore, be clear to every moslem, that Allah does not want moslems to 'drive the Jews into the sea'.

Otherwise, 'logically', Allah would have brought that circumstance about, already, probably in 1948.

THEREFORE, as tallowood's advice to moslems, in this OzPol forum states;

'You [moslems] should submit to the will of your god and accept Israel's [existence] as your god's will.'

???

That, sounds logical to me.     Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #9 - May 26th, 2011 at 9:47am

Bobby. wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 1:33am:
It's time for Palestinian PM Salam Fayyad  to make an address to Congress too.
It would be fair to hear both sides of the story.

Obama just made a speech about freedom -
to both houses of the British Parliament -
let the Pallys be free to speak too.

Those terrorists wouldn't get through immigration, let alone into Congress.
Their bomb belts would give them away.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2011 at 10:10am

Quote:
That, sounds logical to me.    

They stuffed it up didn't they?
It was all war booty, but they didn't take it.

They entered a problem of one archaic illogical religion pitted against another.
..all just historical leftovers really which were not understood, and still not understood.

There's gotta come a point where we cannot be bothered with it anymore. Chuck their Gods in the octagon and see which one deserves the right to play by our rules.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 26th, 2011 at 10:46am

Amadd wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 10:10am:
Quote:

They entered a problem of one archaic illogical religion pitted against another.
..all just historical leftovers really which were not understood, and still not understood.

There's gotta come a point where we cannot be bothered with it anymore. Chuck their Gods in the octagon and see which one deserves the right to play by our rules.

Why not use one of those Israeli bulldozers & flatten
the wailing wall & the dome of the rock.
Get rid of religion & half the problems are solved.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #12 - May 26th, 2011 at 10:58am

Bobby. wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 10:46am:
Quote:

Hear hear  Cool Its never been proven that their wall is actually the remains of king herods temple anyway, they are only fighting over a bunch of rocks in the long run.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:29am

Bobby. wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 10:46am:
Quote:

LOL

That is a good example of how the carnal mind seeks to 'logically' resolve every problem.

i.e.
Got a problem ???
Get a bigger hammer.

+++

"Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Gandalf - FOTR

This, for those who just don't 'get' religion....

What is happening here [within this physical realm], is a [spiritual] battle royal, between good, and evil.

In the spirit realm, good, and evil cannot exist in close proximity to each other.

It is impossible.

BUT, in our world [within this 'reality'], both good and evil can exist [in close proximity to each other], and both can find 'expression' - IN OURSELVES, IN OUR CHOICES.

This 'reality' is a 'construct' [err, ...a 'creation' even], where that 'expression', of both good and evil, is possible,
in close proximity to each other.

In the spirit realm, good, and evil cannot co-exist within close proximity.

It is as though good, and evil, were like, light and, darkness.

If something of the darkness were to approach light, it would be 'burned' up by the light.

If something of the light approached the darkness, it would be absorbed, 'corrupted', by the darkness.

'The light' is in the centre, the darkness surrounds the light, but is unable to overcome it.

At the centre of the light, is a 'presence', which we know as 'God'.

I want to live in the light.

That is my choice.

In this 'place' [within this physical realm], by our choices, we ourselves are determining, in the 'hereafter', whether we will live in darkness, or, in light.

And that is God's 'joke' on the wicked [spirits].    i.e. the wicked among us.

And that is the 'beauty' and justice of, in, God's plan.

By their own choices here, in this realm, they, the wicked, are sealing their own future fate.

The 'concrete' is 'setting'.

+++

NOW AVERT YOUR EYES BOBBY!!!!

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:34am

Yadda - you should have been a preacher.
At least you could preach to the converted -
you won't find many god gobbers here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print