Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pauline lost thousands of votes. (Read 6917 times)
matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Pauline lost thousands of votes.
Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:11pm

Due to her not being allowed to have her name above the line. Thousands of people put a "1" next her name, instead of above the line, and therefore, their votes were considered invalid. So don't say that she didn't get enough votes to get into parliament. She didn't get enough formal votes, not not enough votes per se. She's inquiring into this, because their intention was clear.

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Pauline lost thousands of votes.
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:12pm

She should have registered a party then to get above the line.
The rules are the rules.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:12pm

matty wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:11pm:
Due to her not being allowed to have her name above the line. Thousands of people put a "1" next her name, instead of above the line, and therefore, their votes were considered invalid. So don't say that she didn't get enough votes to get into parliament. She didn't get enough formal votes, not not enough votes per se. She's inquiring into this, because their intention was clear.

I'd buy it.

The political machine has resorted to dirty tricks before, no surprise they'd do it again.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:13pm

LOL good luck with that. bitter party of one your table is ready. We are serving up just desserts, all you can eat. Grin

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:15pm

This is definitely mellie - repeating the same threads over and over.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:19pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:15pm:

YEP. Have a look at jenny ,too, its hard to hide your writing style.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:21pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:19pm:

Look, I don't know who this mellie is. I joined a few days ago, and was accused of being her then. I know who jenny is, but I am not her. I am a man.

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:24pm

matty wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:21pm:

Look, I don't know who this mellie is. I joined a few days ago, and was accused of being her then. I know who jenny is, but I am not her. I am a man.

unlike SKIPPY ROO-SHYTE  a man never Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:30pm

By the way, it actually doesn't surprise me that Pauline voters wouldn't understand how to vote anyway.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Derrrrr if I put just 1 Under the Line than it's all fine....derrrr...right?"

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:30pm

FRED. wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:24pm:

unlike SKIPPY ROO-SHYTE  a man never Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hi Fred!  Bingo over?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:32pm

mellie = matty

That's what I know. Exact same writing style. Exactly the same thread creation style - Talked about Pauline yesterday now putting up a new thread about the same issue rather than going back to the original thread.  Nothing new. Welcome back mellie.

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:40pm

Here are some of my thoughts on the matter.

Going into what is referred to as “the pressing of the button”, when the NSW Electoral Commissioner authorises the commencement of the computer count and, preferences are distributed and transferred, Pauline Hanson was leading, for the 20th position, in the total number of First Preference votes where a first preference was marked above the line against the Group or, below the line against a candidate in the Group.  Her lead over Labor was 57,170 votes, Greens 15,466 votes and Liberal/Nationals 7,536 votes.

There were a total of 308 computer counts before the 21st position was determined.  Pauline had remained in contention, for the last two seats, right up until count 306.  Family First’s, Rev Gordon Moyes, was then excluded and on count 307 the transfer of the Rev Moyes’ 64,738 ballot papers were transferred to the next available preference.  This resulted in 569 votes transferring to Pauline, 3196 to the Greens and 3,158 votes to the Nationals and, at the following count, number 308, candidate Pauline Hanson was excluded.  As there remained only four candidates in the count and four positions were still to be filled all four remaining candidates were elected – position 18 with 166,112 votes, 19, with 134,804 votes, 20 with 105,472 votes & 21 with 104,341 votes – a quota was 185,274.  None of the last four candidates received a quota.   Pauline had finished with 103,035 votes just 1,306 votes behind the Nationals candidate for the final place and 2,437 behind the Greens – 20th position.

*Voters enrolled:       4,635,810

*Voted:                       4,306,285 or a 92.89% turnout

*Formal votes:           4,076,024

*Informal votes:             230,231

*Did not vote:    329,525 or 7.11% of enrolled voters.

The present electoral system in NSW is, I think, archaic.  I believe, it favours the major political parties and both disadvantages and discriminates against groups of candidates such as “GROUP J” – Pauline Hanson and, “GROUP C” – John Hatton.  Why shouldn’t these groups have been permitted to have their lead candidate’s name above the line?  Moreover, why shouldn’t these candidates have been allowed to print the word “Independent” alongside their name? The electoral system in New South Wales, I believe, is unfair and needs to be urgently reviewed and amended to reflect voter’s expectations of it being a fair and transparent system, which it is not. Don’t hold your breath however, that anything will change anytime soon.  Remember, “If nothing changes, nothing changes”. It is ridiculous that preferences should decide the outcome on which candidate/s are elected.  The fact is, Pauline Hanson outpolled every other candidate Below the Line First Preference votes and yet still she was not elected – why?

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Please delete this smacking

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:40pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:30pm:
By the way, it actually doesn't surprise me that Pauline voters wouldn't understand how to vote anyway.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Derrrrr if I put just 1 Under the Line than it's all fine....derrrr...right?"

More like "How do you spell 1?"

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:42pm

If her supporters are to stupid as to be able to follow a simple how to vote card...................
Well that just says it all.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:49pm

Clearly people won't listen. I am not mellie, if you want to think that I am, then go ahead and think it. I don't even know who she is, but whatever.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print